1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Typically people with that much hate on internet has some serious real life issues. Internet is like a mirror to someone's true self in life, but magnified and more negative.

2. AvgJoe

Ok, we get it, our bench sucks!

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the rockets would stop with the 3s when they were up by 20 and ran some normal plays, we wouldn't have any rally from the lakers.

Lin got to the line during garbage time. The game was basically over so he had no pressure.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I was personally willing to suffer through another season of LoF's, because Lin is a decent player who helped out the team more often than not when properly used IE not playing when the game is on the line and only when Harden is resting. That said, I couldn't wait for him to be off the team so we can shed his ****ty fans and would not want him back on the team because of them. Should Morey have retained him or resign him later on, then I would welcome him back as a Rockets and hope the best for my and CF's sanity. It speaks volumes however that LoF's have yet to find a fan base that could tolerate them. LG is reacting EXACTLY the same way to LoF's as CF did. Same with RealGM it seems.

1 person likes this.
  5. AvgJoe

I am a Lin fan and I have no problem with people that like Lin and defend him with real basketball knowledge. It is the fans idolizing Lin WITHOUT basic basketball knowledge that is annoying, just as annoying as people hate Lin but with actual basketball knowledge, coz you know it's real hate. It's frustrating to see Lin fans can't explain why Lin plays bad so they find random excuses for him. But hate on them? No. I would only pity them. What I don't get is the hate from Lin's fans to Lin himself. Sure, when Lin's on Rockets, hate him when he sucks, but he's gone now, give it a rest. The hate on this thread is just sad.

#6305 AvgJoe, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Lin doesn't seem to be phased that the Lakers loss, Loser mentality! Well, he is a Laker, so I guess he's used to it.

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Unfortunately for Lin and people who like him that actually know about basketball, his crazies are the loudest ones and therefore the ones that make the deepest impressions. I honestly don't mind people liking Lin or only liking Lin. People will like what they like. What I don't like is when people take that way, way too far. They forget, are oblivious about, or completely ignore that they are in someone else's home (ClutchFans, Lakersground, ect) and that their conspiracy theories about racism, Asian Jackie Robinson's, and people out to hold Lin back are wholly unwanted in the new fan communities they join and fail to keep it to themselves. It's like a new neighbor (Lin) joins the neighborhood and regularly visits the community center, but he brings his mutt (his fans) every time and that parasite infested sack of crap keeps taking dumps all over the place without the owner ever apologizing or cleaning up afterwards. If Lin had the skill to backup his crazies (Yao, T-Mac, Kobe) then team fans can at least tolerate them due to the performance of the player himself.

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Another thing that I noticed on here and on other forums is that Lin fans have this persecution complex. It's like they do not realize what ****ty and annoying fans and people that they are, that it's always the other side that is wrong, a trait that translates to how they support Lin himself. I see them frequently ask why we want to take away their passion and appreciation of Lin by censoring them instead of trying to understand why no one likes them or wants them to join a team's fan base. It often feels to be beyond their basic understanding that team fans don't care that they love Lin, they just want them to keep it to themselves.

9. AvgJoe

Agreed. It's the linsanity hype that developed many of his fans, but some of these fans never watched basektball before linsanity, and have never participated in sports forums. It is not unreasonable for these people to make ridiculous comments. I don't mind some of the guys' hate on them, but to translate that hate to Lin himself is something I really don't understand.

10. AvgJoe

The solution for me is to imagine them all as 16 year old cute asian girls. Then they become much more tolerable... :p

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

It's actually very easy to understand. It is called "transference" which means the unconscious redirection of feelings from one person to another.

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

No LoF is worth it, no matter how cute. It is also widely known that hot women cannot be trusted. ;)

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lin is a scrub. I want him nowhere near the Rockets ever again. PG is a very deep position and I can't understand why anyone would want him back on our team. A pg who can't defend, can't dribble, is mentally fragile and gives you a good game once a week is a dime a dozen player. I'd overlook his fan base of window lickers if he could help us win games but Lin will always be a losing player.

14. AvgJoe

Ah thanks for that. Well, I guess I just dont' understand why people treat those fans too seriously. Treat them like kids, they are annoying, but just adorably stupid if you look at another way.

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Yeeeeah.

That doesnt help.

For one, been happily married for 20 years
    For two, I am LONG past the point where I am attracted to 16 yr old girls.
    For three, I hate reading/hearing stupidity no matter how good the writer/talker looks.

Nothing more amusing than seeing people write thousands of words b****ing about people on a NBA message board talking about a NBA player.

I guess it would be okie dokie if they were heaping praise on him huh?

16. AvgJoe

LOL. No one asks u to date a LOF. I guess everyone's tolerance level is different. It helps since I like Lin.

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

WTF?

Dateline NBC obviously missed the boat on you

18. chenjy9

Supporting Member

None of us treated them seriously initially. After 2 years of constant and incessant whining, accusations, ect however, most simply grew tired and angry at them. To go back to my dog talking dump in someone else's home analogy again, the first time the dog does it, we can forgive and forget. Hell, we can even laugh about it. But when it happens again and again and again, well even saints can lose patience. I have always felt bad for Lin because of his fans. It is indisputable that he gets hated more than he deserves, because of his fans. By all accounts, he is a fine young man and should have a longer than average career in the NBA as a fringe starter. It is just unfortunate that Linsanity earned him the following that it did.

19. AvgJoe

Then imagine they are just kids, they do stupid things without knowledge because they don't have enough learning. They aren't your responsibility anyway. They are someone else' problem.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's common for Lin haters to dispute hard facts as if they're not true. Fact is Lin scored 12 of his 14 points after the 8:44 mark. The Lakers made a 16-2 run to cut the deficit from 25 points to 11 points. The starters had to come back in to finish the game. It was not garbage time.