1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Livingston is laughing at this.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

This is actually a pretty nice vid, Black and Lin with Harden

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NDuL3iNUw6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Its called stat padding during garbage time.

Go back and watch his first half when the game was still relevant.

It went something like this for Lin...

Turnover
    Miss
    Offensive foul
    Turnover..............

Rockets were up almost twenty going into the 4th quarter.

Thats when scrubs stat pad....which is what Lin did. Still shot horribly for the game.

Yes, both played a huge part in Rockets exit from the playoffs. No arguments from me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Harden wont have dinner with him though.

5. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

He was aggressive , got to the line and played against the rockets bench.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Hanz was a self-proclaimed DMo fan that had around 50 posts on this forum, 48 of them in the Lin thread. He admitted to being a Lin fan only once he got busted.

Looks like he might have been busted for good.

[​IMG]

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lin may have a place as a minimum back up 3rd stringer scrub in this league to play garbage time but he is definitely not worth the drama and baggage he comes with which is the idiotic, obnoxious, deplorable Lin fans, all of them.

Not worth when you consider how this despicable group call everyone racist and create all sorts of conspiracy theories for Lin's failures in addition to insulting / accusing every member of the organization directly through twitter and other social media.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

Where are the assists though?

That 2nd half jump in the air pass to Harden for the breakaway was one of the best assists Lin has ever made to Harden.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Which sucks because by all accounts, Lin, himself, is a great guy.

10. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

nah man, it wasn't garbage time. they almost cut the deficit down to single digit with 5 mins remaining.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Lin was decent. If he could sustain his aggressive play as a scoring PG he could be scorer. Seems evident that he plays best when he's the most aggressive guy on the court, or the only star on the court.

12. VanityHalfBlack

I just hope the Rockets bench is ready come playoff time. We're going to need them if we wanna make it deep in the post season.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

can other posters verify that this is a common thought?

cause I personally think the only reason you should want Lin on or off the team should be how he performs on the court, considering, you know, first and foremost hes a basketball player.

I have no issue with posters who wanted him gone cause they think he cant dribble/cant defend/only consistency is inconsistency, I have an issue with posters who somehow think its normal to allow ancillary crap like this effect an opinion.

If Lin himself was the one who was trashing the organisation then that is a different story, but in your mind Lin and the crazies have morphed into a giant amorphous blop

When Lin was with the Rockets and Harden was out he always stepped up and perfomed well for an (in your words) 3rd string scrub, and I never would have sacrificed that backup option to make my internet experience more pleasant, the fact you would, shows your just a bad basketball fan given that you're placing you're own enjoyment of the team over the actual success of the team.

I know I'm throwing alot at you in terms of what you need to process but its cool, but basically I'm saying I'm a better basketball fan then you so I'd like two gold stars faxed over, heres a cliffnotes as well

-> Want Lin gone cause he sucks at basketball -> good
    -> Want Lin gone cause 17 year old asian child with internet called McHale racist ->bad

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'll admit he had his share of crazy games.
    That dude was too much of a rollercoaster though.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He was 0-4 with 1 point at the half in 11 or 12 minutes of play so he put up stats in garbage time after the Lakers were already down 20 like a third stringer tends to do.

16. THE_TRUTH_HURTS

I think that stuff matters just like how he was signed partly to get into the Asian market. Off court stuff matters.

He cant score consistently, defend, or protect the ball. Then when he gets benched in favor of someone who can, he complains about it through mysterious tweets and talks to the media about how hard everything is for him. Does that sound like a good teammate? That just feeds into his fans inferiority complex.

He is like Tebow x 100. Not only do we have to deal with the Asian crazies we also get the Christian crazies. Or a horrible combination of the two.

TLDR Bad player, bad teammate, leads to toxic fandom

1 person likes this.
  17. FTW Rockets FTW

Don't be so naive.

You don't for a moment think that all the nasty tweets that the Lin crazies sent copying PBev, Harden, Rockets, Clutchfans, Feigen, Friedman etc doesn't get through to the players? You don't think it causes a chemistry issue? You'd be delusional to believe so. You think Bev takes it lightly when some idiot Lin fan calls him a monkey on his twitter? Yeah sure Bev will go out there with a point to prove perhaps at the expense of the team.

Morey himself was on 790 sometime at the start of the season in November and talked about the Lin Crazies when quizzed with something entirely different.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's only a common thought amongst his haters. They are the ones who spout nonsense like Lin doesn't belong in the NBA, he's a 3rd string PG on the Lakers, that he only got his points during garbage time, etc and they are the ones who keep this thread alive by circle jerking each other with their own confirmation bias. I don't even know why they do it other than to hate on a former Rocket and troll his fans, which are rare here now that Lin is on another team. Anyone that can objectively look at Lin's play knows what he is and what he isn't.
    That's not what you'd think having read this thread. There are many insults hurled towards Lin regarding his personality.

1 person likes this.
  19. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Funny thread. LOL

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's common for Lin fans to dispute hard facts as if they're not true. Fact is Lin scored 12 of his 14 points after the 8:44 mark of the 4th quarter with the Lakers down 87-67. A time of the game most call garbage time or as Lin fans call it, winning time.