1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the hell do we have Sam Dekker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Dekker makes Parsons loom like Kawhi on defense. He has the slowest lateral movement of any perimeter player I've ever seen.

2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Agreed - Dekker has great vertical movement but poor horizontal movement. It's fixable.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I wonder if that's due to his back injury/surgery?

4. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

lulz

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. Mr Chuck Norris

I'll take the L. I was wrong. Really impressed with him.

BigMaloe, MONON, Mathloom and 11 others like this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

How could the guy with such immense bball knowledge and foresight be so wrong?

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Dekker hate was premature and just stupid

MrSabotage and BigShasta like this.
  9. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Hilarious....

BigShasta likes this.
  10. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Thought this was a WTF Rockets WTF thread ...

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Some holy crap to read all these would be uh....coaches, talent scouts, know it alls...etc Just love seeing the stupidity revealed. Dekker is so totally contributing now that HIS BACK OPERATION HAS FULLY HEALED...lord what fools these clutchfans be....Go Kid Go...rammim jammin slammin Dekker !!!!!!!!

AceOfSpades and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Calm down, fools. I am still sitting at a 90% success rate of recent predictions :D

Dekker has surpassed the "bust" label, I agree. I was wrong to call him a bust. He has shown he can contribute offensively given the right situation and this offense with Mike Anthony is the right one for him. With BJ or McFail, I don't know. However, still not sold on him defensively. Too slow for the SF position and too small for the PF position.

90% is a good hit rate. You can take it to the bank. All this is documented. Search is your best friend.

1. I said Harden would not make any of the ALL NBA teams last season way before they announced the results when everyone and their grandmother thought he would.
    2. I called Kostas Papa a scrub who would be out of the NBA when everyone was going gung ho over his "versatility". Where is he now?
    3. I called Nick Johnson another bust when people where claiming him to be 2nd coming of Dennis Johnson and creaming themselves over his defense. Where is he?
    4. I said Harden wouldn't get to the 50-40-90 club last season when delusional fools where saying eh could do it. He hasn't surpassed one of those categories yet in a single season, let alone all 3.
    5. I said TJ is a serviceable player in the NBA when some claimed he would be out of the league. Seems like he is serviceable at the Pelicans.
    6. I called McFail a terrible coach right from the hire and BJ no better.
    7. I called for McFail to be dumped after the Portland series loss and Steve Kerr to be hired but instead we extend the doofus and are still sending out bi-monthly checks.
    8. I said Harrell is much more NBA ready than Dekker and would contribute right from season 1 which he did.
    9. I said Parsons and his ego will not be missed one bit and Ariza would me a more than adequate replacement when the GARM was tears over losing Portions. In steps Ariza and off we go to the WCF.
    10. I got Dekker as a bust wrong but that's fine. I didn't like him from the beginning since he came off as smug in the big 10. Lesson: Don't let your dislike for a player's personality ruin your awesome BBALL IQ and insight.

Read and learn from my posts. There is a lot of NBA schooling I am dishing out. All at no cost. No homerism or delusion. I ain't even charging you for all this info unlike _holic.

PS: There are many more rights bumping the success rate to 95%+ but I can't be bothered.

Cheers.

Jayzers_100, hakeem94 and bpbkforlife like this.
  13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I'll admit, was not high on Dekker. Am PLEASANTLY surprised with his output so far. At the point where we drafted him, we really needed a PG, but it looks like we've adjusted ourselves pretty well.

14. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

Lmmfao

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Dekker looks like the best small forward on this team

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Never count a player out becauses of a injury plagued rookie year. THere was a reason he was picked in the first round.

I'm actually surprised with his finishing ability. He actually elevates really well.

He's like a smart and more athletic Corey Brewer.

17. dmoneybangbang

LOL. You called him a bust before he even got a chance to play....

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Researching your opinions is wasteful. You gotta check that ego, fool. Just eat your crow like a man and shut up about it.

20. solodolo

solodolo Member

Damn you're still a b**** in this forum . Haven't changed lol . Poor life