1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the hell do we have Sam Dekker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I'm just sick of injury prone players and this team's knack of wanting to sign them or draft them. I wouldn't want a guy like Mike Conley and somebody also suggest Joel Embiid on this team. It has nothing to do with race rather than ability and health records.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Being scared of heights is like a very common thing. Something like 7 out of 10 people are scared of heights in one instance or another.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its funny you say that because.....

What is your real underlying issue, if its 'not' race?:rolleyes:

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Anderson is often injured. Go look at his track record.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Not only that but Speights has a better per 36 than Anderson.

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Definitely, and considering it is only July I'd say these guys are doing pretty well so far in the summer league. Dekker looks winded in the first 2 minutes of every half so he is obviously not in game shape yet. Even though these guys have been working on their games they are going to be rusty and a little out of game shape.

I do like what I see out of Dekker, KJ and Harrell for the most part though and think they will at least be able to compete hard in training camp for rotational minutes. Structure and a whole training camp will do them wonders on both sides of the ball. Someone needs to be in their ears about preaching defense as a way to earn minutes on this squad.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Oh. I thought it was because of his 'white privilege' :eek:

8. Moleb

Moleb Member

He's afraid of heights? Ah no wonder he has no hops, and gets zero lift around the basket.

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

He's afraid of whites?

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Guys being signed to such huge deals is very suspicious. Given their actual production and injury history. But then again, Conley got the biggest contract ever.... I just think Speights would do better for this team than Anderson. Vet minimum vs $20 million is a huge difference and will effect this team come next summer.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Heck, with Dirk's experience and what he's done... Rockets should have enticed Dirk with that contract since the Mav's are about to let him walk. Though not the best defender, Dirk is crafty and strips the ball, passes better, and will use his skillset to make up for any lack of lateral quickness. Dirk can shoot lights out given a player like Harden on the floor at the same time. In this case Dirk > Speights and Anderson combined.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Perhaps I missed it, but Dekker compared to Dan Langhi:

Dan Langhi
    Height: 6-10"
    Weight: 198 lbs
    Wingspan: 6'8"
    Standing reach: 8'8"
    Max vertical: 34.5"

Always looked good in summer league...

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Sam Dekker
    Height 6'9
    Weight 219 (at combine)
    Wingspan 6'11.5
    Standing reach 8'10
    Max vert reach 11'8.5

Dekker has a 3.5 inch advantage in wingspan (very important), better standing reach, and higher vertical. In this case, Dekker blows Langhi away.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[youtube]1dfgTh-AHKE[/youtube]

15. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MpMQZ5k_IAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Dekker looks pretty good against the Bucks. That first step and two hand jam was really fluid and nice.

If he can knock down the three at 38% clip he has a real chance to be a long term rotation player in the league and a very good one at that. He can handle the ball finish around the hoop find open guys.

He's just a basketball player and it refreshing to see us have a young player that isn't so raw. He def could see the court this year. I just hope his D can/will get batter as he get in better game shape from the back injury.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Heck with Dirk, Bargnani is younger and cheaper. Can also play the 5.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dekker can ball. I'm excited to see how he plays with the big boys.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I wish he was quicker. He just gets blown by on D. Could be an exciting offensive player though if his shot continues to improve.

20. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Dekker can play. He's got a nice stroke, surprisingly athletic, very solid handle. I'm down to put him in the rotation some and hopefully in a year or so let him start. He's very similar to CP25.