1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

Standard 12 team league, had 5th pick, turned out to be a ok team in my opinion. Thoughts?

QB: Stafford
    RB: Lacy
    RB: J. Bell
    WR: Roddy White
    WR: C. Patterson
    WR: Keenun Allen
    TE: Kyle Rudolph
    FLEX: Fred Jackson
    DST: Bills
    K: Phill Dawson

2. Asian Sensation

If you can't draft Manning, Brees, or Rodgers with your FIRST ROUND PICK you absolutely wait on QB this year. I think 4-16 will all be fairly close and it will be hard to predict who finishes best in that remaining group. Furthermore, some of the guys 17 and beyond will have a chance to finish in the top 15.

3. Asian Sensation

No offense but that is a horrible team.

You took Lacy with the 5th overall pick? He may not even finish top 5 at his own position. How are you gonna have the 5th pick and not end up with one of these guys (McCoy, Charles, Peterson, Jimmy Graham, Manning, Brees, or Megatron)

All the rest of your guys should be picked 4th round and beyond. I don't even know who you took in the (2nd round with pick 23) and (3rd round pick 26). I'm guessing two of Stafford, Keenan Allen and Roddy White?

I bet there are some super stacked teams in your league at your expense. :(

4. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

That sounds pretty harsh bro....yet accurate.

Majority of the time you can look at one's team and tell fairly accurately who they drafted in the 1st 3-4 rounds, but for this team I can't tell at all. It's obvious he took Lacy with his 1st rounder, but after that I can't tell. It does look like he may have reached with his 2nd-3rd rounder however.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

People are really buying Cordarrelle Patterson. Going way too high for my taste.

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Isn't he generally being taken in the 5th round?

I've done a few yahoo pro leagues, and in the 5th round, the WR's usually drafted (in varying order) are Harvin, Patterson, Cruz, Floyd, DeSean Jackson, and maybe Crabtree.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You have terrible RB depth and your WR corps is either getting old or unproven over a preferable period of time. Not to mention your TE/K/DST are all pretty crappy as well.

Suckage brah.

8. AB423

AB423 Member

I agree... I usually wait until the 6th round to pick a qb.. All the 2nd/3rd tier qbs are the same to me and will get around the same number of points.

9. primtim24

Question:

I'm in a 10-team keeper league (1 keeper/owner), and the way we do keepers is instead of everyone giving up a 1st rounder, everyone gives up the round/pick, where they drafted their "keeper".

Anyway, I've got the 7th pick in our league, and I've already used that pick essentially on my keeper LeSean McCoy, but my issue is, when it gets back around to me in the 2nd round (Pick 2.4), I'm not sure if I should take one of the stud WR's or take another Good RB?

This essentially is going to come down to either taking Brandon Marshall, Julio Jones, Arian Foster, or Giovani Bernard. Who should I pair with Shady???

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Stick to your rankings. Make a draft board and assess every player's value in terms of weekly point totals. Take the BPA off your board and stick to it.

11. primtim24

Yeah, that's what I've been doing, but I'm considering taking the RB instead of the WR because they're SOOO many good WR's compared to good workhorse RB's.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yup. Jones I'd consider a top tier player period if healthy. If not... I'd probably lean RB in non-PPR. Marshall? Only in PPR. RB's go down though. Depends on how risk adverse you are.

13. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Need advice:

Giving Calvin Johnson, RG3 and TY Hilton for Philip Rivers, Montee Ball and Brandon Marshall.

Who wins? And why is Rivers ranked so low? Despite the fact that he's an ass, he put up some monster numbers last season.

14. Pete the Cheat

Rivers he had two bad years prior, so it's a gamble based on track record. Couple that with the fact he always seems to be nursing a nagging injury.

not sure how bad your RB depth is...but Montee Ball aint the answer.
    you are losing your shirt in that trade.

15. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

While I appreciate the advice, I'm not sure I agree with it. While 2012 may have been a little disappointing, 2011 he put up over 4600 yards with 27 TD's. Hard to say that's a bad year. The injury note is kind of ironic. That's one of the reasons I'd like to trade RG3, as he can't exactly be trusted to stay healthy. Rivers though, has played in EVERY game since the 2006 season.

My RB depth isn't bad. I have Foster, Ellington and Deangelo Williams. I think Ball could pick up huge numbers being the premier back in Denver's offense. But that's why I come here to hear others opinions.

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

What's the rest of your roster? PPR?

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Do you really want to have Marshall and Jeffrey as your 2 main WRs? You won't get consistent point totals that way.

Rivers had a complete **** offensive line and RB injuries the year before last, he performed a lot better with a better OL, now they have a solid RB corp and Keenan Allen.

To me, Rivers is a safer bet than RG3. RG3 is an injury waiting to happen if there ever was one. Same thing Vick went through. Try that scrambling like a RB **** in the NFL and you don't last long.

18. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

It's non PPR.

Yeah, I'm iffy on having both Marshall and Jeffrey. May try to flip one if I pull the trigger, however I like my WR depth. If I pulled the trigger, I'd have Marshall, Jeffrey, Mike Wallace, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin and Rod Streater.

Hope Wallace can have a bounce back year, Evans is starting opposite Jackson with McCown at QB, Benjamin I think is Cam's #1 and Streater is starting in Oakland. Decent chance one of those guys puts up a good season.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yahoo Pro League; start QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/DST/K

I have

Brady/Romo
    Lynch/Leveon Bell/Gore/Lamar Miller/Pierre Thomas
    Demaryius Thomas/Cobb/Welker/Decker
    Pitta
    Kansas City DST/Cincinnati DST

I'm considering trading Lynch/Bell/Welker/P.Thomas for Adrian Peterson/Ben Tate/Jordy Nelson/Sammy Watkins. I'd be left with:

Peterson/Gore/Tate/Miller
    Thomas/Cobb/Nelson/Decker

I think this roster's projected points are slightly higher than the original roster, but I'm worried about Gore and Tate. Even though Gore hasn't missed any games in 3 years, he's 31. But maybe Hyde taking ~7 carries from Gore will maintain his durability? I also like Tate, but I see him as a huge injury risk.

Also, the other guy's RB rotation is Peterson/Tate/Sankey. Another option I have is to wait and see if Tate/Sankey underperform and then trade Bell or Gore at a premium.

What do you guys think?

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I like Peterson and Nelson but I'm very leery of Tate and Watkins.

I love Watkins but it is hard to see him becoming elite right away with a suspect QB and a coach who doesn't have a clue what he's doing offensively.

In my opinion you'd be strengthening your starters but weakening your depth, which is a risky play.