1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. AB423

AB423 Member

I'm in a draft tomorrow, I have the #4 pick in a 14-team 0.25 ppr league.. Who should I draft?? I'm thinking between Forte or Lacy?

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I would consider Megatron over Lacy at #4 if its ppr.

Between Megatron and Forte it would be a tough call. Forte performed incredibly last year for me in my ppr league but I considered myself lucky that he didn't sustain his typical major injury.

If I were you I'd go with the best receiver in the game.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

.25 isn't PPR.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah you're right.

Welp go with Lacy or even Peyton Manning.

5. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I wouldn't consider Calvin at 4. Load up on RBs, if the rest of the league is heavy WR early.

I like Lacy over Forte this year.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'd definitely go Lacy at 4.

7. AB423

AB423 Member

Thanks guys! I had Forte last year and was happy with him but I'm really liking Lacy this year.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In one of my yahoo pro leagues, I have:

RG3/Dalton
    Forte/Morris/Vereen/B.Pierce
    Dez/Fitzgerald/Patterson/M.Wallace
    Jordan Cameron/Ertz
    Cincinnati

I've been in talks for a trade along the lines of RG3/Forte/Patterson/Ertz for P.Manning/Spiller/Cobb/Pitta

That would leave me with a roster of

Manning/Dalton
    Morris/Spiller/Vereen/Pierce
    Dez/Cobb/Fitzgerald/Wallace
    Cameron/Pitta
    Cincinnati

Assuming Pierce is ok, I'd start him for the first two weeks and then stream Vereen/Pierce/Spiller based on matchups. What do you guys think?

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I forgot. I also have Knowshon Moreno. I'd be streaming Vereen/Pierce/Spiller/Moreno.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'd do that trade. Significantly improves shaky QB position and your RB depth is fine.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yep, I came to the same conclusion and accepted the trade. Thanks.

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

How does .25 ppr affect the drafting strategy, if it does at all?

13. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Should I be excited that I drafted Josh Gordon in a late round?

14. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Depends on scoring settings, but I would take Lacy over Graham, Manning, Brees or Johnson. Good, sturdy RBs are hard to come by and Lacy is going to explode in that Packers offense this year. Megatron had a pretty down year last year to warrant a 5th pick now IMO

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I have my keeper draft this sat:

who should I keep - I have 3 choices - the players italicized would be guys that would be on the last year of my keeper

Player (round I drafted player in and would lose pick in)

Julio Jones (2)
    Victor Cruz (3)
    Gio Bernard (4)
    Jordy Nelson (5)
    Jordan Cameron (6)
    RG3 (7)
    Ben Tate (8)
    Alfred Morris (13)

Right now I am keeping Morris of course but I am leaning on keeping Gio Bernard and Jordy Nelson. I figure I can waive my keeper right on Julio and pick him up again in the 2nd round. I have the 5th pick in this years draft. I am not sure though if I should pick up Tate - he would be a great value pick to have in the 8th round but I dont know how well he'll do in Cleveland.

Thoughts?

16. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

For me that would be a super easy choice; I would keep Giovani, Jordy, and Alfred Morris. I'm not sure what your lineup is, but assuming you kept those players, now you have extreme flexibility, if you wanted to take a QB/Jimmy Graham, then take a RB in the 2nd, or you could take the RB in the 1st then get the stud WR in the 2nd. The possibilities are endless! Lol

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Is this standard points or ppr league?

I would definitely keep Morris if it meant only losing a 13th round pick.

Ben Tate would be pretty good value although I would consider Gio Bernard greater value since he's being selected within the last picks in the first round to the first picks in the second round, great value for only having to pony up a 4th round pick. I wanna say Tate went around the 5th or 6th round in Smegs league, so he should be there late if you want him back without using your keeper pick.

Also you'll probably have to draft Julio with your 1st round pick especially if most of the top RBs get kept in your league. Jordy Nelson wouldn't be a bid pick, with what would essentially be your second rounder due to the keeper system.

18. thething

thething Contributing Member

This is not too hard--keep Gio, Nelson, and Morris. I think Nelson is going to be great this year and is worth a 2nd/3rd rounder. Gio could be a stud. Morris is about a 4th round value to me but that is great value for the 13th rounder. I see the value in keeping Tate but he is just not a bonafide fantasy stud to me. You gotta keep the studs and let the duds go.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Graham will be kept - but there are a lot of other possibilities as you mentioned. I am fine with waiving Julio since I could most likely get him in the first round - I have the 5th pick and others may keep their first round pick but I think I have a good chance of getting Julio back in the first round

Its a .5 ppr - yeah right now I am debating more between Jordy and Tate - but I think having Rodgers back for hopefully a full season will make Jordy more valuable

20. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I would not debate that at all. Assuming there were no keepers, Jordy is still worth a late 2nd-early 4th round flier. And you got him 5th. Tate will no doubt be available in the 3rd-5th round area to be drafted.