1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OBUDqr9FItl/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Potentially NSFW

2. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Wellbeck to Arsenal!

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL. He sucks. He is a brain dead guy that cannot dribble, cannot finish and lacks composure in front of goal.

As a ManU fan said, "Couldn't score in a ****ing brothel, couldn't pass in an overtaking lane!"

And Supposedly for 16M, which makes it even more terrible. To put things in perspective, Remy who is better than Welbeck cost only half as much to Chelsea. And Chelsea already have a far better striker!!!

ManU already had RVP and still upgraded with Falcao while they dumped their trash on Arsene Wenger. If you are a Arsenal fan, you should be crying right now.

Atleast this makes sense as to why Wenger had been playing Sanogo. Now he can say that he improved his CF spot. :grin::grin::grin:

This transfer window alone, Wenger could have pushed for Falcao, Bony, Remy, Costa, etc. and he scored Welbeck. :grin::grin::grin:

Wenger COULD and SHOULD have bagged Falcao. No excuses about it. If this does not make it clear that Wenger has parked it years ago and his first priority is to make money for the management, I dont know what else will.

Danny Welbeck's Highlight video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KrIIZtRionk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man U fans and Wenger after finalizing the Welbeck deal.....

[​IMG]

#843 Zboy, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ancelotti doesn't make roster decisions for Real, everyone knows Perez is responsible for all these transfers. If Perez wants you out you have to go, Di Maria had to leave.

Also, ManU was the only club willing to meet Perez' transfer fee for di Maria, otherwise he would've went to PSG.

Falcao is no superstar and a risk after his injury, also I'd bet ManU really overpays salary-wise.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not necessarily agree with the last sentence. El Tigre in my view is superstar material.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

pre-injury definitely, but hasn't played that good since.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just read that Falcao will earn 350.000€ per week at ManU. one week ago had no bigger wish than playing for Real, the current CL champion. Then receives a ridiculous 350k per week offer from a team that won't play in a European cup this season and immediately signs with them.
    First Monaco, now this - tells you everything you need to know about his priorities.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I thought Liverpool, City and Arsenal and other clubs were also in the running,

Real has tons of other offensive options, they do not really need him so much.

Arsenal on the other hand, well yeah, they got Welbeck.

9. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Call me crazy, but I think Welbeck is a decent signing. He's 23, a team player, quite versatile, relatively quick, and his finishing rate is actually 25% - same as Sturridge. Of course, he's not a world beater but I think he has potential. Once Giroud is back, Welbeck can either take over the number 9 role (if he outperforms Giroud) or be employed elsewhere due to his versatility.

I do think Wenger should have invested in a defender and perhaps a midfielder as well. Starting Flamini is a little 2009 and if either of the two starting CBs get injured you only have Chambers to fall back on. And while he's been good so far this season, he's very young and inexperienced.

Falcao is just ridiculously overpriced. The guy loves $$, hasn't looked as sharp since his injury (basing this on French newspapers mainly, correct me if this is wrong), and is just way too expensive. Even if he does bag in a load of goals, I think it's just an obscene amount of money. Football is crazy when it comes to the cash going around, but leave this kind of outlay to sheiks. I mean, United had to bump his salary so that Falcao would still get the same after tax. They're paying around £24 million for a loan deal.

10. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Welbeck is decent and young and could definitely fit better on Arsenal than ManU. He brings pace and strength to an otherwise small attack. He has been playing out of position at ManU so if Wenger uses him as a true striker he should score more. He is not creative at all but Arsenal has that in spades. He also is probably the best defensive striker in the Premier League.

11. smr6

smr6 Member

Yeah I've heard the same amount regarding wages. But also read that it will be 200K from United and Monaco will be covering the other 150K.

Sounds like Monaco are regretting all that money spent on him.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Honestly, I'd choose ManU too if they were throwing 350K my way (regardless of who's paying). Except maybe I'd keep my mouth shut and let my agent do work.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nah the 350K per week is false. It's is the 200K that United will be paying him.

Anyway with all this attacking talent in Rooney, RVP, Falcao, Mata, Di Maria, Januzaj etc., United better be putting up 3 goals each game ;)

14. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

You are not an football expert/guru. You are a common fan. Stop posting bull**** rumours as facts. Perez decides who comes in and who he wants to go, true, I already said that. Di Maria wanted a new contract after the spectacular season he had, and he saw the crazy amounts James got even though he's still pretty unproven. Rightfully so. That's the only leverage Perez had to make him go. It worked, but he also could've stayed on the wages he had, and he would've been one of Ancelottis top players again. PSG was linked to him for a very long time, but you don't think they could've offloaded Marquinhos, Lavezzi, Cavani, Verratti or someone if they had gotten a clear commitment from Di Maria? Di Maria himself said that Man Utd was the only club he would leave Real Madrid for. That's his own words. Is that a PR move or the truth? I don't know, nobody knows. But that's the difference between us. You choose to believe nitpicked rumours and statements as facts, and ignore the rest. You, I and every other common fan don't know what happens behind the scenes.

Also, while Falcao left Atletico to get a big pay day in Monaco, he will earn way less than what he did at Monaco in Man Utd. He's not getting a raise, he will earn about what Rooney and RVP is. Also a thing to factor in is taxes, where as in Monaco, there is none, in England there is. So this was not a money move, that would've been to stay in Monaco. You also stated that he hasn't looked the same after the injury. He's played three games and scored two goals this season. And he didn't play any games after getting injured last season. So that's another silly remark.

I have to say that you come off as a biased salty b****, but I don't understand why. You are a Bayern fan aren't you? Is this about 99'? So about everything you said is debunked. Anyway, whatever, haters gonna hate.

1 person likes this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

you didn't debunk anything and just started your perception, but okay.

16. The Stig

The Stig Member

PSG was very close to sign Di Maria but they couldn't meet the FFP criteria (offload players to balance out the money) and thus backed out. They probably shouldn't have spent £50m on Sideshow Bob but that's just my opinion.

Falcao is getting anywhere from £200k-260k a week. United is paying 2/3 of his supposed wage of £350k. I know for sure we aren't paying £300k+ ourselves. The fact that we are loaning him for a season mitigates the risk of getting a washed up Falcao. Only time can tell.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this new team lines up once the international break is over. I'd probably go for something like this.

-------------De Gea------------
    -------Jones---Smalling---Rojo----
    Di Maria---------------------Shaw
    -------Herrera--------Blind-------
    --------------Rooney ------------
    --------Falcao------Januzaj -----

Bench: Lindegaard, Blackett, Rafael, Fellaini, Fletcher, Mata, v. Persie

A bit unorthodox but I think this team can actually attack with pace, which we have sorely lacked in the opening 4 games. The forward depth is pretty weak now, because if any of Rooney/v. Persie/Falcao gets hurt, there wouldn't be a forward on the bench on match days...

17. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

From being a transfer muppet being sucked in to silly season belieiving selected rumours for weeks stating them as facts like a noob, you managed to add that Man Utd couldn't attract big names. That's debunked as soon as Di Maria and Falcaos names are written. You also mentioned that Man Utd tried to sign every midfielder and defender. There really aren't that many big name central midfielder and centre backs out there at least not remotely available. The only ones it's been constant rumours about that has come from reliable journalists are Vidal and Hummels. So I explained to you something very basic that LvG said a couple weeks ago. Players want to come to Man Utd, that's no problem. But it's not easy to get the clubs to agree to sell their best players. There's been so many stupid remarks. From players HAVE to leave when they're under contract like Di Maria lol. Di Maria would've gone to PSG, but you hadn't hos own words where he said Man Utd was the only club he would've left Real for. And Falcao being a w**** for money and that silly wage sum you just mentioned as a fact, when he indeed earns less in wages after this move. All debunked or explained to you. Very basic. Or if you want to read this stuff yourself instead of hearing it from me, you can just Google it. It's all out there

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Remember to play a back 3 you need a ball playing CB and here is where I believe Carrick fits in. I see LVG transforming him into a ball playing CB who takes the place of Smalling in that line-up. Smalling gives me zero confidence.

Also Di Maria at wing back? Not exactly making the best use of him. If a 3-5-2, I'd rather.

-------------De Gea------------
    -------Jones---Carrick---Rojo----
    Rafa / Valencia---------------------Shaw
    ---------Herrera--------Blind-------
    --------------Di Maria ------------
    --------Falcao------Rooney-----

Personally, I'd prefer a 4-2-3-1

------------De Gea--------------
    Rafa----Jones------- Rojo------Shaw
    ---------Herrera--------Blind---------
    Di Maria--------Mata----------Rooney
    -------------Falcao / RVP

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Won't reply to all your sentences because most don't make sense or a false.

To your constant "di Maria only wanted to go to ManU" rubbish: On multiple occasions, di Maria publicly stated he would like to join PSG. ManU wasn't even in the mix back then.

PSG president had an interview yesterday whre he admitted di Maria wanted to join their club but they couldn't meet his exorbitant salary demands, so they pulled out.

He then received a ridiculous offer from ManU, the ONLY club willing to meet Perez' transfer fee. Right then he suddenly says he'd only leave Real for ManU.

Are you really that naive and that big of a ManU homer?

And it seems you really missed the 10+ players ManU were openly in talks with and couldn't net, saying there were only Vidal and Hummels available is a straight lie. And a dozen of their targets moved to other clubs, your argument is pulled out of your a**.

Check your facts before going on a rage and cursing here.

20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

IDK man, this kinda reminds me a lot of Sturridge back when he moved from Chelsea. Sturridge isn't a top class forward but he's definitely solid for Liverpool. I really could care less what Wenger does (always selling us crap players Hleb, Song, OVermars, Pettit, etc) but was just surprised by that transfer.