1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sandro saved our ass

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

It was a bad pitch. Barca missed a ton of chances. Messi had one off the post (same case with Villa). But Barca dominated the action most of the match. Hopefully Neymar will start next week. Munir looked terrible after a great first game.

LOL @ Madrid.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Same old Arsenal.

Kicking the ball around among midfielders with no shots attempted. Cannot score if you cannot attempt at goal.

Wenger believes Yaya Sanogo is the answer as a striker. :grin::grin::grin:

Stubborn old man.

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Casillas is a legend, even more so than Raul was, but they play different positions. A missed scoring opportunity here and there can be made up, but when you make a mistake in goal you can't take away that opponent's goal. He needs to sit down and Madrid need to start planning long term and that position.

5. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Falcao to ManCity is done according to Sky sports.....

6. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Hope it doesn't happen I hate City. :/

There has to be some way they can't sign him within the FFP.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

diego lopez is playing well for Milano

8. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Falcao to Man Utd, what a weird signing if true.

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, pretty unsubstantiated at the moment but United doesn't really need another striker with all of their other problems. Still would prefer that move over him going to City.

Wenger doesn't really think he needs a striker, haha.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yes they do, considering RVP is injured and will be out for an extended period of time due to a surgery. Yes, they need to address their non-existent defense but if given an opportunity, you do not pass on a player like Falcao.

I have suspected this for a long time but I am pretty sure of this now....Wenger has gone senile.

How can anyone think that Yaya SaNoGoal is all they need as a striker to contend??

Arsenal will be lucky to finish 4th this season.

PS. Please stop reporting player transfers as official unless you are 100% sure. Football transfer news/rumors are some of the worst gossips I have witnessed. Every day player X is linked to a different team. In this thread alone Falcao was reported to have signed for Madrid, then Man City, but it seems like he is going to Man U (or is he??)

#830 Zboy, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  11. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well he has been injured since last season and hasn't had the surgery yet and when he does I don't think it will be too long for him to be out. They need more defenders and (non-attacking) midfielders more than an elite striker, I think. Some more help at striker, sure, but I don't know. Now, Falcao definitely is an upgrade over Rooney so if I were in charge I wouldn't mind sending Wayne off to get money to buy midfielder and/or defender help.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Chicharito to Real official.

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

United desperately needs a midfielder and a defender. What do they do? Sign another forward. Smfh. Falcao is a sexy name but is he the same with that knee injury?

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They're desperately trying to sign every good midfielder and defender, but no one wants to join ManU atm. They need to play in EL and CL again next season to attract big names.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

United is so desperate lol.

16. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Groomsmen at a wedding this past weekend so was away... Whattt the f happened?
    Chicharito to Madrid & Falcao to United? Gotta say as a Cule I much rather have Falcao at United than at Madrid.

REEKO, how we do yesterday?

17. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

SMH, the only person happy about that is Karim Benzema.

18. Sir Geving

What a ridiculous statement. They just signed Di Maria and Falcao. They obviously attract big names. It's the clubs that don't want to sell their star midfielders. Like with Juve and Vidal

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Falcao is a w**** for money and Di Maria had no choice.

20. Sir Geving

Ridiculous.
    Di Maria could've stayed, Ancelotti wanted him to. Perez wanted to cash in on him with the purchase of James. Falcao had plenty of options, but didn't waste time when United contacted him late last night.
    Di Maria and Falcao is top top worldclass players, United got them. Why? Because they were for sale. Would I prefer Hummels and Vidal, yes. United need them more. But what can you do when Dortmund and Juventus won't sell? Nothing. The problem is obviously not attracting big time players, but the problem is getting the other team to sell their best players.