1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sirius]Daryl Morey - "We're ready made to add another star level player"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
?

Rockets

1. team ready made for another star player

33 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. star player already made for another team

52 vote(s)
    61.2%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DM - "My body is ready"

DD

1 person likes this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not going to lie - I wonder this about a LOT of things. As a franchise, wow can you rely on "analytics" and make such poor decisions with player acquisitions, player rotations, and play selections?

3. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

This dude is an idiot

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

We're ready to add another star like your average mullet is ready to add another brand new tricked out bass boat. Sounds nice but it just ain't in the stars.

5. houtown

houtown Member

Report Post Add to houtown's Reputation Multi-Quote This Message Reply With Quote
    The only superstar Golden State has is Curry, surrounded by great to very good players around him on the court. They are doing just fine because the culture and system they established when Kerr was hired as coach. This superstar argument is tiring, and seems like a cop out to Me at the moment.

If the Rockets had Chris Paul, Harden, Durant, James and Howard as their starting lineup, Morey and the organization will still probably find a way to underachieve by either hiring the wrong coaching personnel or missing out on something else regarding intangibles for the team. Then they will probably find another excuse for the unfortunate circumstances regarding the failures of the team.

If I was a free agent, I do not possibly think I would consider the Rockets either after hiring D'Antoni, and I think that may be due to the organization, possibly not the ESPN perception of the team.

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

He has done a ok job, i mean look some orginzations cant get dwight or harden or even lin. So you cant go all in like this on him. I mean those 2 did goto wcf, and wasnt a bad lineup. But there was missing parts, like some of those bottom 4 playoffs teams have. Usually its just they dont have the overall best top 5 players. See houston needs to get like hawks, and try to find a coach to overpower these teams.

Its like it was, but when houston got artest, i think that was the missing part , some one who was in your face, gutzy player, but tmac broke down or yao did. But this team didnt, maybe dwight wasnt himself anymore, or what not, They need a legitmate running mate with harden, someone who is 24-25 and ready to bust out with harden.

Who knows if they will ever get there, i mean knicks and lakers suck right now so, maybe when those team get good again. Sometimes its just hard to persue a player to houston. I mean its a nice city, but there is lots of others out there with alot of better living , weather, things to do, etc... Houston isnt the most attractive place to raise a family either with all the crime. Landry got shot one night , kinda sad.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is he sirius?

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I think he meant DMo

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL at all of the "exciteds."

I have no desire at all at adding Ryan Anderson, particularly at the price he will command. You could probably get Jared Dudley at half that amount and he is a two way player.

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Star LEVEL player, so someone plays like a star, but not considered a star, borderline star player? Not all star, not super star, just borderline star.

That's actually achievable...

11. hakeemthagreat

People want to know why Morey's unpopular outside of clutchfans? Well quotes like these do it. Dude just shut up repair the roster. Making these announcements only confirms Morey still thinks he's a step ahead of other GM's, when in reality they've already passed him up.

12. conquistador#11

i'm ready made for jennifer lawrence to take my D(efense) right now!