1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Floridians] Road Rage instant karma

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RV6, Mar 27, 2014.

1. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where I am you don't have to be in the passing lane for jerks to tailgate you. But nice try.

Even worse are the asses who both tailgate AND weave through traffic.

It is funny watching folks come out of the woodwork to defend their own driving habits.

I find it annoying that someone will clog up the highway by blocking the passing lane. Nothing worse than seeing miles of traffic clogged up due to one single driver.

I just happen to find it more annoying when jerks endanger my life and the life of my family with their personal desire for aggressive driving.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

did you not read the last line?

"Impeding the flow of traffic by continuing to drive in the left lane is punishable by a fine of up to $200."

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I did read it. How does that negate anything above? The fact is the law clearly states you pass... then you move to the right.

4. fallenphoenix

it suggests that the fine is only applicable if you are impeding traffic by staying in the left lane.

5. Gertso

Gertso Member

It's a war zone out there.

6. AXG

AXG Member

I think you're misconstruing it. You're only supposed to use the far left lane for passing. Once you've passed, move back over. You're not supposed to stay in it regardless of how fast you're going.

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Of course he is miscontruing it. How else is he going to disregard the law to 'win' this argument?

8. fallenphoenix

perhaps, once i get a ticket for it i'll accept i'm wrong and stop.

i'm not disregarding it, i'm just interpreting it differently

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It is true that you shouldn't be in the left lane if you are going to be going slower than the cars behind you, but, those drivers who tailgate and flip their lids because they want to go way faster than the speed limit are ridiculous.

Aggressive drivers are a menace.