1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Floridians] Road Rage instant karma

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RV6, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

They're both morons. The guy is clearly an idiot for taking things so far, and losing control in the process. She's an A-hole too though for knowingly blocking the lane, and filming the whole thing. She "sure as heck" wouldn't speed on the slick roads, but she'd hold a camera up and film everything while driving on the slick roads?? Hypocritical behavior at its finest.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Right before he passed her you can see two trucks finally clearing out. He didn't exactly give her much time to get over then, as he almost immediately went right to pass her up. I don't blame her for hesitating to pull right, since you gotta think he may already be thinking of the same thing. But again, she probably was being an ******* at some point. We dont know what happened earlier.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Again though, she wasn't willing to speed on the roads because they were dangerous, but she was willing to completely divert her attention FROM the road by filming the guy passing her??

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

True dat. As long as the woman was passing traffic in the right lane, one could argue she was using the passing lane effectively. It's just the dude in the truck wanted to go faster than she was going when passing traffic. My beef is really when the fast lane is clogged and no one is being passed when cars are acting like sandwiches and all lanes are blocked. That's when I get pissed. But, in general, I don't like to tail-gate so I tend to back off because I don't know what psycho is in the car in front of me until I pass and get a look. I don't want to get into a road rage incident with Pat who is off his meds and hearing his wedding music that was playing when he caught his wife in the shower with an older guy from "Silver Linings Playbook". lol

#24 Surfguy, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I agree she was being a moron too, but my point was she addresses why switching lanes wasn't an option, at least during that minute, so it's pointless to argue whether she should have or not, at least based on the video. Maybe she could have sped up and done it, but that's at the driver's discretion, especially on wet roads. If she's already going the limit and the trucks are right next to her, then she's forced to wait it out some, until there's a better opportunity.

6. Surfguy

I saw another opportunity for her to get over earlier but she didn't want to get stuck in slow traffic. Yet, she didn't want to go faster to appease the truck driver. You can't win with some women. Also, like you said, we don't know how long this was going on. I would hedge my bets that she was being obnoxious about getting over when she had chances.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If you can eat french fries and drink a coke while driving why can't you hold up a small camera phone and film an idiot?

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Considering she was going right around 60 MPH (according to the shot of her dash) and the video is almost 2 minutes long, then she traveled close to 2 miles while recording. At what point was the turn 1/2 mile away? Certainly the guy in the truck was an idiot, but there was ample time earlier in the video for her to get over and let him pass. If the speed limit was 55 or less, then she already proved she WAS willing to speed on the road since she was going faster than that. If the speed limit was 60+, then she was going below the speed limit.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because it is distracted driving and she even says conditions weren't good.
    If the road is as slick as she says she shouldn't be taking one hand off the wheel to hold the camera. Further trying to film the guy she is going to have to switch her view every now and then from where her own car is going to see what his car is doing just to keep the camera on him.

10. Surfguy

Filming with the camera was a clear provocation in an already uncomfortable situation. Karma would have been if they both wiped out into each other...her for steering with one hand while filming...and he for steering with one hand while flipping the bird. I would have liked to have seen that.

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

seriously, the left lane is strictly for overtaking (it's the law.) people that sit in the left lane while cars stack up behind them piss me the fuc* off.

she's a b**** and he's an *******.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So by that logic, if everybody is going 80 MPH on a 2 lane road, everything is ok?

13. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I am staying away from some(most) of yall that replied to this
    Or i don't know if yall can't read, but she clearly said there were trucks on her right so she couldn't move over and that she wasn't going to speed up past the limit because of that, second she said she was about to turn left in about half-mile, and the fact that it was rainy and roads were slick, why does she have to speed to risk her tires sliding just to let the ******* go? I don't see anything wrong with what she did at all.

14. moose

moose Member

You guys complaining of her being the left lane and going slow, did you even read the description? She couldn't move to the right and was turning left soon.

15. likestohypeguy

I'm in the rooting for her to crash camp too, even though she was technically okay there in those circumstances. I overstay in the left lane myself sometimes, so I understand an upcoming left exit you don't want to have to quickly weave back to from the right lane, or overtaking traffic to the right of you too slowly for others' liking, drivers behind you who've demonstrated they don't know how to pass or who continually slow way down so you pass them while they're smoking their cigarette only to race past you again after they put it out etc. but I'm also too familiar with the "well they don't need to be speeding anyway so I'll sit in the fast lane to block them" mentality, and they do it just to be a b****, and admit it. This b**** is the epitome of that mindset.

[​IMG]

When he drove by, the expression on that guy's face was priceless though. Cartoon level anger, I want to see a gif with steam coming out of his ears.

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

lol, not everywhere, not on every road, and not if the speed limit isn't 65 or over.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

They are both morons.

The driver making the video should have been in the slow lane, which was not backed up by any means. She had plenty of time to let the driver pass in thee fast lane, and then come back to the fast lane to make her turn.

FAST LANE IS FOR PASSING ONLY.

I dont understand what's so hard about this. Massachusetts drivers are the wort when it comes to this simple rule.

If I was the cop, I would have ticketed them both based on video evidence.

18. Major

Major Member

She sped up as soon as the truck got into the right lane to pass her - so she was clearly willing to do speed and risk her tires sliding, but only to spite him. Then, of course, there's the whole laughing-at-a-potentially-severe-injury thing.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Agreed. She didn't want to drive recklessly on the wet,slick road so she decided to pull out her camera and drive with one hand. Makes sense.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TFKQOB3H-ww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>