1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

cyberex you're our fly on the wall. lol

wtf is going on? Is morey changing gears to rondo or brewer or both?

2. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Why would dallas want rondo?

That whole team is built around having good jumpshooters.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Morey:"Listen, Ryan, Boston is about to send Rondo to Dallas for Brandon Wright, Devin Harris, and a couple of picks. That's right--he's sending out an All-Star, championship winning point guard for absolute ****."

McDonough:"I know I know..."

Morey:"So I think it's time to revisit us taking Goran off of your hands with our exception and we'll send you New Orleans' pick."

McDonough:"..................fine. God I hate Mark Cuban so much."

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They want Rondo because Morey has convinced them that he wants them.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

No, but Papa is going to be playing backup PF for sometime until Jones is back. Brewer will be playing the backup SF for sometime, and will be a sparkplug kind of player when nobody is hustling etc. And vs teams like OKC, it would be nice to have the insurance of an athletic wing defender to guard Durant

6. delishman

delishman Member

Did the Donger die?

7. i3artow i3aller

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Loving D-Mo's physicality in the paint. Kind of rare these days.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I agree with all this. After almost a decade of Moreyball, I cannot bring myself to believe that Morey is going to invest 10M+ in a point guard. They are the most widely available commodity in the league, and the one we have is doing just fine and happens to be a great 3&D fit next to Harden. You think the Rockets want Harden handling the ball less? When he's an MVP handling the ball the way he is now? Dwert pls.

It's just like the Josh Smith situation. The Rockets know they have pretender franchises hot on their heels, trying to pull Little Brother BS by jumping on whoever it seems like we are interested in acquiring. So they are launching decoy missiles. That's what Rajon Rondo is, a decoy missile, nothing more. Ditto with Deron Williams, and maybe even Goran Dragic.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Any word on whether we can trade for another James Harden?

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Hey Cyberx

Any idea what our offer was to the celtics?

12. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I feel like Morey is about to hit us with multiple moves.

Hoop hypes insider said Rockets trying to swap brewer for knicks 2nd round pick .

That leaves us with a lot of pieces we can still move around.

13. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I'm apologize, that was from a piece on espn.

But still, 2nd rounder straight up for brewer.

14. Ghost_of_Akeem

Every team in the NBA is in "win now" mode right now. The Heatlles have disbanded, Spurs aren't getting any younger, and the window of opportunity seems to be open for the crowning of a new champion. I expect to see many moves this year before the deadline and yet I still find myself hoping that the Rockets don't make any moves that sends our young talent out the door, just yet.

I think when he get healthy we will have the pieces we need and a ton more depth than any of us thought we had entering the season. It's very possible that we are already a much better team right now than we would have been had we landed Bosh and matched Parsons. Scary, but true.

I wouldn't mess with the formula too much if I were Morey. If we can add a player like Brewer without giving up any of our prime contributers then I say go for it. But I don't think we need much to put us over the top, certainly not Rondo or Dragic.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Damn. Whatever happens, Cyber continues to be legit. It almost seems like these ESPN guys read his posts on Clutchfans lol.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

This team IMO as currently constructed cannot beat the Spurs or OKC (healthy) in the PLAYOFFS. Their still a 3rd star away and I would believe Morey will close that gap at some point soon.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

If Rondo goes to the Mavs, watch him piss off Dirk and Parsons haha

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Thoughts on Mav's involvement in Rondo trade talks:

A. If the Mavs acquire Rondo, the first thing that comes to mind is Monta and Parsons will feel the effect the most. They will then have to play off the ball much more. Especially Parsons. His stats will likely go down alot unless they just play super fast all game long, and that really hasn't been Rondo's game ever.

If I'm Cuban, I'd much rather go after a PG who can space the floor much better, and maximize your best players (Dirk, Monta) abilities. Not sure if Cuban is just trying to "win July" again with acquiring as many big names he can, but that's kind of what it seems like. Whatever.

B. If the Mavs are willing to sacrifice their future and truly offer multiple first rounders for an expiring contract Rondo who is averaging less than nine PPG right now coming off of two years of barely playing, I say go ahead and let them take that gamble. However, I'd try to make them pay. Be the guy at the auction that pushes the bid up and up. The Mavs have all of their first round picks. Make Cuban pay.

C. I'm wondering if the tweets going public has to do with negotiations? Meaning, the Rockets aren't putting the Pelican's pick on the table yet, and the Mavs are putting their own first rounder. This could be Ainge's way of saying, we want GOOD first round picks that are likely lottery. So please beat these offers for late first rounders from likely contenders.

19. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

Rondo will make everyone on the Mavs a better player, he's going to get guys easier shot. That's an awesome starting 5

Rondo
    Ellis
    Parsons
    Dirk
    Tyson Chandler

There is no doubt the Mavs trading for Rondo will make them a better team but more importantly a better playoff team.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

God I hope Dallas doesn't get Rondo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.