1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Paint points then 3 points then midrange then long 2s

2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

And we got the ball to him when we had to.

Give McHale leeway to assuage the egos on this team (cough cough Dwight Howard). That's where the offense problem starts, not with McHale. Coach's decision making is a secondary problem.

edit: if last year, parsons, asik & lin weren't on the same page as the rest of the team, this year it feels like Howard is, probably due to his time off. Give him some time to jell back in with this year's group and we'll be fine.

1 person likes this.
  3. vlaurelio

Mchale, cd, morey, and dream should nicely explain to Dwight that in order to win easily, have dmo post up more. The Dwight concentrate on PnR, putbacks, alley oops, defense, blocking, and post up depending on match ups..

4. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

For sure, ideally it would happen instantly. Realistically, I can only hope that's coming soon

5. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Harden saved Mchale's bacon this game, inexcusable to not foul with 4 seconds left in the game like that

6. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

well we do have the best player on the planet in the clutch, but i get your point

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Inexcusable for Harden to lose track of Afflalo with 4 seconds in the game like that.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Harden on ESPN: His defensive lapse on Afflalo buzzer beater was b/c he was trying to tell Beverley to foul Lawson. No excuse, but funny.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/status/545468084514193408">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seems like "not fouling" was a Beverley issue. Harden was yelling at him to foul, and who know if the coaches were, too. He just wasn't listening.

Guys get crossed up in these situations all the time. It's not just this team.

8. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

24 sec left in OT, Afflalo about to shoot his 2nd FT. McHale had been going defense-offense between Johnson and DMo. I was in disbelief that he didn't bring in DMo for rebounding. Thankfully Harden rebounded Afflalo's miss, so no harm done. But who in their right mind would take a chance like that? I guess technically Afflalo's 2nd FT still counts as defense for us and thus McHale left Johnson in... What an idiot!

9. vlaurelio

We had him last year too but with a healthy team.. Give Mchale some credit

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

McHale haters be like
    [​IMG]

11. Ghost_of_Akeem

True, but Jesse was right about Walter White. So, if that's what you're going with then.....

12. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Any body know why all the comments got deleted after the warriors game in here, just realized that..

Any who I really like how Mchale is staggering the minutes and give Dmo short breathers here and there and keeping either him or Dwight on the floor. Plus I think he realizes Dmo gets tired pretty quick so it helps keep him some what fresh, great adjustment.

What I dislike is our end game execution when the game is on the line. Last night for the last 6 min it was all harden or nothing. Yes harden is our best player, but when it becomes a one on one show we become predictable and stagnant. The great teams do not just play one on one and the end of the games especially for 6 min they make sure everybody is still involved. Just my 2 cents

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

It seems to me, that when a team is lucky enough to have an MVP candidate that is a great one on one player, that they should allow him to take over in the final minutes.

The Rockets are a team full of terrible free throw shooters. I think that limits what we can and should do in the final minutes of the game.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, you guys are sad. Should the coach get fired every time the Rockets trail during a game?

15. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Like I said great teams do not play that way. I hope Harden wins MVP, but I much rather have team success by the end of the year. I watch Warriors execute there plays at the end of the games without using curry exclusively for 6 straight minutes. It worked last night, but its a bad habit that I hope we got of because playoff time that will kill us.

16. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Just want to point out the Spurs really messed up last night's game by not fouling Memphis. It happens, it doesn't mean the coach should be fired.

17. vlaurelio

Foul or not, we were up by 3 with just 4 seconds. Everyone needed to defend the 3. Not sure why harden was around the FT line. It's on everyone. Mchale, harden, asst coaches, and teammates on the floor and on the bench. They all need to do a better job next time.

1 person likes this.
  18. vlaurelio

And to the guy who replied me, I'm fully happy we won. I'm just saying next time in the same situations everyone needs to be on the same page on what needs to be done to avoid overtime and losing eventually.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

These "fans" should go root for the Kings. Then they can be happy because their team fired a coach when it makes no sense.

20. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Dare I say it??

1 person likes this.