1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Your guess is as good as mine. Well, probably not. If you would like an answer that that question I can do that. When I get the time.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

How come there are no videos of Mchale affecting Harden's development? (that was kind of a joke) There have been plenty of players that have stated that Mchale helped them (Casspi, Lowry). There have been plenty of videos from Clutch with Mchale helping the big men. I mean there was even some recent tweets about Dorsey, DMO, and Black getting coaching from Mchale about how to guard in the post and they improved dramatically right after the session. Nothing about Harden. Ever.

You're telling me that Mchale made Harden into a franchise player when Harden was getting crazy numbers and putting Rockets on his back at Houston Hobby baggage claim day 1? If Harden would have gone to GSW he would turned into Brandon Jennings?

This is the first year as a Rocket Harden has cared about defense. He was a Franchise player when he stepped off the plane. So it took Mchale since 2012 to make Harden care about defense, not national embarrassment?

Nobody is saying praising Mchale is ludicrous; you can see a ton of praise in this thread that was supposed criticize him. You saying Mchale is the reason Harden is an MVP candidate is what I have a problem with.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

#Soon

4. bongman

bongman Member

This myth that coach does know how to teach has to end.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I tend to believe the kind of thing McHale said in the round table vid. He can talk to Harden about the arc of his career, ending up in the Hall of Fame, stuff like that. . . . How to be bigger than an all star. Same goes for Dwight. You can't see how that might be important, having a guy who's actually in the Hall of Fame talking to these other players about how to conduct their careers and end up in the Hall of Fame, win a championship? Credibility is important. There are a lot of things besides drills and clipboards in coaching. You can't see a difference between McHale telling Harden "You need to elevate your game" and someone like JVG telling Harden "You need to elevate your game"? I believe there's an important difference.

1 person likes this.
  6. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Mchale's job is to put this team in the best situation to win on a consistent basis. This involves developing players, strategy, team values, etc. it's more than just what Mchale can quantifiable contribute, it's about the apparent culture change that has taken place at the beginning of this year. We keep losing players, yet all of these guys are committed to doing whatever is best for the team; a trait that shows we have great chemistry and organizational structure. We are winning with Mchale and these assistant coaches at the helm, who cares what the secret is.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

In a nutshell Garnett wants to be a Rocket.

Get er done Morey. LOL

8. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I'm bumping this thread because I feel like I'm going crazy with the Howard post ups and lack of DMo post ups.

1 person likes this.
  9. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

It's a form of therapy

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't blame you. This team has a different identity every game. One day it's dmo as a stretch 4 and Harden stagnant pg, next game is fundamental post ups and great ball movement.

11. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Whoever wrote this.....thanks for the rep:p
    Really sorry you found ClutchFans. You are an idiot. Beinga kid is not an excuse.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Can y'all bombard rockets and moreys twitter to post up Dmo?

13. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I'm in for this campaign. Let me know when it starts and I'll jump in.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

But but it's new generation of basketball.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

I really fear that McHale's inability to coach worth a crap in the clutch will once again doom us. Only good thing to come out of that would be Morey not renewing his contract.

16. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

But but this is part of new generation of basketball

Get the ball to players in the spots in which they excel. Pretty simple concept to grasp

17. vlaurelio

8-0 in close games

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Clash of philosophies.

Moreyball stats Vs Fundamental.

Harden at pg and stretch 4 dmo is straight out of nba2k.

19. vlaurelio

Yeah and we have proven tremendous advantage with dmo at the post right now

20. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Mchale will get this team 60+ wins if everyone stays healthy