1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

How do you know? Everyone is free to speculate but unless you're in the huddles, in the locker room and in practice then you never know. I don't think he's a great coach but some people here are being overcritical. The hostility towards him are just unbelievable sometimes.

2. kemah

kemah Member

lol

If Dmo is so good maybe we should just post him up around 30-40 times a game.

3. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

This.

McHale has improved as a coach just as DMo has improved as a player. But McHale is still not there or considered an allstar level coach yet to me. Maybe he reverts back and this was just a good streak, or he continues to learn and improve. Only time will tell, but he deserves a chance the rest of this season and the playoffs to prove if he can continue to consistently improve. And I was ALL for him being fired after last season's playoff loss.

I still don't like some of his rotations or lack there of. As many others have said, Canaan should not only be playing, but given the green light to create and shot as often as possible when he is on the court and Harden is resting. And DMo should be posting up much more and not just giving up that option if he misses a shot or two. We almost NEVER seem to double post either.

Other than that, and playing Ariza and Harden too many minutes which was necessary until the trade, I think he has done a good job so far this season. Now I just hope he uses the new players to reduce some minutes for Harden and Ariza just a bit, but getting a great rotation that makes sense while doing so.

Canaan/Terry, Shved, Brewer, Papa, Dorsey/Black is a much upgraded second unit that should be able to give our starters more rest while still at least keeping the game +/- the same while going up against other second units. If Jones can ever return, doesn't matter if him or DMo starts, our second unit will drastically improve even more!

4. clutz

clutz Member

So he's going to be fired pretty soon, right?

5. kemah

kemah Member

Many congrats to Mchale on his shiny new contract extension. Well deserved.

6. clutz

clutz Member

Does this mean McHale has done a better job than Van Gundy and Adelman?

7. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

And coincidentally this thread is getting a 3 year extension.

1 person likes this.
  8. clutz

clutz Member

It's cozy here.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sinners and haters repent...
    [​IMG]
    "Bless me Daryl for I have doubted you..."

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lock it up Clutch

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Great, so this thread will be alive for a minimum of 3 more years!

13. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

This thread probably needs a lock at this point. Almost 500 pages of McHale is great/terrible is enough.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Look, I understand the hate here as compared to Josh Smith. Coaches get way more hate from fans- heck, even Spurs fans go ballistic on Popovich during selected games. In the West, to win 54 games last year was quite a feat. This year, to be in the top 4 with our injuries, well, that's just crazy. I have to give McHale credit for this, just as he gets blame for 2 first-round exits. But ClutchFans tends to overreact on this, as well- not so much against the Blazers, we should have beat them and should've done something much earlier to contain Aldridge. But against the Thunder? C'mon, that was a difficult undertaking for any team, even w/ Westbrook out. I'm not saying he shouldn't get the boot if we lose again in the first round this year- just saying that I think, like most teams, coaches get an irrational level of hatred at times.

15. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Lock it up? He can still get fired after this season if they get bounced in the first round. The thread continues...

16. OpportunityCost

I don't get why people are confusing "hate of McHale" with "love for the Rockets". Did I hate Gary Kubiak? Absolutely not. Was I ecstatic when he was let go b/c I felt he was he bad for the Texans? Absolutely yes. Would I love to see the Rockets win it all like they did in '94 and '95, of course. Is McHale the coach to guide this talented team there? IMO, absolutely not based off of what I have seen from previous experience. Does that mean I hate him. Of course not, but I want what is BEST for the Rockets, and you all should too.

17. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Your username is perfect for the argument you've laid out. Thank you sir:)

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I still don't get the extension before the playoffs, makes no sense.

DD

19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

it's reminiscent of Rick giving Schaub & Cushing extensions while they were coming back from injury... Makes no damn sense.

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

McHale, messed up tonight and he knows better being the old school player that he is...

The starters didn't have it tonight and he should have kept them on the bench until the well ran dry with the 2nd unit. That 2nd unit had the energy, D and momentum on their side...

That was a rookie mistake McHale...

T_Man