1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey must move lines for Josh Smith?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Ghost_of_Akeem

Dorsey takes out the garbage, Smith is garbage. That's the difference.

2. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

3. Ghost_of_Akeem

Molestation is a criminal offense, and from where I'm standing it didn't look like any of those guys were going for the ball.

4. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

Ok, whoo change mind?

2 people like this.
  5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

are you a prophet?

1 person likes this.
  6. vinthora

vinthora Member

So now that he's waived, what happens to a team that signs him? How's the salary going to work out?? And if it's a fresh new contract, I would NOT mind signing him on the cheap, and pretty much binding him in contract to NOT shoot anything outside 15ft.

He's got the tools to be a top defender, he passes well for a forward, and is a good finisher around the rim. The fool just think he's the 3rd Splash Brother or something, with the way he's hoisting up 3s...

7. mockster

mockster Member

Smith is defiantly an upgrade over black and Dorsey. If he could keep his jumpshots down and work on them on practise. Go back to being a true PF. He would fit so well. You see Detroit already had two tall PFs and c so he was out of place. Them ontop of that you can put smith at sf to guard perhaps even lebron james considering they Match up body size and smith is faster then the avg pf. Problem with jones is the elite PFs can dominate him. I think smiths size and defense would stop that. He can be good Aslong as he can avert the true pf roll and possibly come off the bench. Sign him now wait next year for dragic.

8. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I cannot believe some of you claiming that you would rather have Dorsey or Black than Josh Smith. WHAT?!?! Dorsey cannot make a shot outside of 1 feet from the rim. I just don't understand it.

Are you waiting to trade Dorsey for Anthony Davis? Like seriously. You take a chance on Josh Smith. PERIOD. Dwight isn't going to get healthier. Harden isn't going to get younger.

If you can get Josh Smith off the waivers without losing anything except cutting a player.... YOU DO IT!

9. mockster

mockster Member

TOT 11 yrs 15.4 7.8 3.3

That's point rebounds and assist. He by no means sucks he just needs to stop shooting as much jumpers. Your blind to think he sucks plus he's a big body in the paint who can also switch to sf for matchup reasons if needed. Then our of bench is sick with dmo jones and smith, terry and brewer

10. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

If the Rockets don't get him, it sounds like the Mavs or Clippers will, which is not good

11. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

You sign him to keep him away from Dallas.

12. Zbed

Zbed Member

Whatever "move lines" means

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Maybe for $2.077 million per year I could do it.....

14. 34to11

34to11 Member

If the Rockets can get him on the cheap it's a no-brainer.
    I have no doubt Howard has made the call and Morey is on the case.

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

This is a no-brainer. I'm still starting D-Mo until he proves worthy.

16. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

Smith have a pretty nice mid range shot. He fits, he give us a plus in defense and can play 3 position is a versatile player. If we can get him for a decent price go full for smith.

17. RedHotRockets01

Dude why is this even up for discussion? Name one player you'd rather use your MLE on that is ACTUALLY AVAILABLE??? Go ahead, I'll wait...............

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

People keep saying he only wants to shoot 3s but outside of last year he never took more than 2 a game. Josh Smith is not a bad player in the right situation. He was a very good contributor on good Hawks teams. The Pistons situation was doomed to fail from the beginning. I will never understand how Dumars thought Monroe/Smith/Drummond would work.

19. pippsux

pippsux Member

Do it Do it Do it.

No clear cut favorite out west, so we need to stock pile talent, especially vets for a discounted a rate.

Morey, you have my permission to getta done.

20. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

actually Dorsey blocked himself on two dunks this year already.