1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey must move lines for Josh Smith?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1510 Polk St, Dec 17, 2014.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, I honestly thought this thread was a joke when I first saw it. I can hardly believe that there are still people who think that Josh Smith is a guy anyone would want on their team.

3. cutchboycam

cutchboycam Member

If he shot 75% less more threes I'd trade tjones for him

4. scottie brooks

Fits perfectly into our system. I don't see how Morley has not jumped on top Josh Smith yet.

5. HRox832

HRox832 Member

What the heck is wrong with you? Josh Smith freaking sucks and he'd make this team worse.

6. bmd

bmd Member

How good was he in Atlanta and how was his shot selection there?

I don't care about what he did in Detroit. That was a weird situation and I believe he played a lot of SF in Detroit. He's clearly in the wrong team and in the wrong system. He didn't just all of a sudden get terrible.

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

Stromile Swift 2.0 who likes to shoot 3's. No. Just no.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

He's always had bad shot selection, except for that one weird season where he totally dialed down his threes. Nevertheless, the only above average aspect to his offense has consistently been in the paint...until this season.

Would he work here? Talent-wise I say yes, but he truly is a knucklehead and McHale would definitely have a tough time controlling him.

I hope he eventually puts winning ahead of all else and becomes more affordable. His defense can be a difference maker.

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I dont think he would gel with our players in-game

10. cutchboycam

cutchboycam Member

He'd be a beast down low playing the 4 which is what he's supposed to play. He is a terrible SF let's get that straight and would you enjoy playing for Detroit? He would work I think

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Im not as down on Josh Smith as most but we would have to get him for almost nothing for me to be okay with getting him... if surrounded by the right people and held accountable i think he could be a real difference maker

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Josh Smith is the most anti-morey player on the market.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd still take him, I wouldn't give up much though.

Terry and Papanikolaou for Smith would be a decent deal. Don't forget that Smith is still a good defender and a very versatile player. I know, he has his flaws, but he's still putting up 13 points, 7 boards, 5 assist, 2 blocks and a steal every game.

14. JazzLakerHater

So talented, yet so so dumb.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Josh Smith will singlehandedly destroy our team chemistry and shoot us out of every game. NO THANKS.
    Jones and D-Mo both do what he does for cheaper and more efficiently.

16. alethios

alethios Member

His problem is that he doesn't play to his strength - he's always trying to do something offensively that he's not skilled in doing. Ariza looked like that too until he discovered what he was truly good at it and developed just those skills.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well another problem is that Josh Smith just isn't very good at many things offensively and in his mind he's an amazing player. It's hard for someone like that to accept a minor role on offense.

18. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

dont even want him on my fantasy team

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He was a box score All Star in Atlanta. That's about the best thing you could say about him.

And for all but one season his shot selection was awful. When he would take one of his many terrible jumpers, you could hear Hawks fans in the arena shouting at him to not shoot. I've never seen anything like that.

I think the "should we trade for Josh Smith" stuff is amusing in the way I find the "should we have Dwight shoot our technical free throws" amusing. People can talk about it all they want, but this organization would never do something like that.

20. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I was watching the Pistons-Thunder game last week and even though I don't have a rooting interest at all I caught myself screaming "NOOOOOOOO" as brandon Jennings passed to Josh Smith for the potential game winning 3. Needless to say he bricked the hell out of it and he needs to stay far away from this team.