1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2h1win" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h1win_rivalries-s01e04_sport" target="_blank">Rivalries S01E04</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/reiner-c-schmieja" target="_blank">reiner-c-schmieja</a></i>

2. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2ewzbg" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ewzbg_wwe-rivalries-s01e07-matt-hardy-vs-edge_sport" target="_blank">WWE.Rivalries.S01E07.Matt.Hardy.vs.Edge</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/watchwwelive" target="_blank">watchwwelive</a></i>

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

4. Beavis Stiffler

Rey will go to AAA or Lucha Underground and probably renew a rivalry with Alberto Del Rio. Those matches were good and very underrated.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Is there even any reason to watch Raw/Smackdown between PPVs?

Seriously, the storylines are usually only advanced on PPVs and the Raw after PPVs.

After that you get a bunch of fluff where the feuding parties participate in a bunch of tag matches and "I can't wait till _______ because I'm going to beat you so bad!"

6. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

7. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

He has been under contract and after his release for a long time now. His contract finally ran out.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Not needed in 2015. Keep the attention on bringing in NJPW guys (Kenta & Devitt)

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Devitt and Kenta are not Mexican, the WWE has no real Mexican stars who can also speak English.

Also Kenta and Devitt don't have masks so won't be able to fill the revenue Rey was still generating from mask sales while sitting at home.

So Kenta and Devitt won't be able to get the mexicans fans behind them like Rey or Del Rio.

Plus Kenta and Devitt are in NXT, do you really see Vince getting behind them on the main roster? As great as they are, there is no guarantee Vince gets behind them on the main roster.

10. Beavis Stiffler

They can use the Lucha Dragons (Sin Cara and Kalisto) to bring in the Latino/Hispanic audience.

11. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Sin Cara is already a failed charater and they cannot speak english, Mysterio and Del Rio were bilingual Mexican superstars.

Also Sin Cara and Kalisto are not even close to the quality of Mysterio and Del Rio nor have they proven to be draws yet.

They need Mysterio to be the bridge, to pass the torch. They let both stars guy now have to build a new star from scratch.

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Do they really need a bridge guy to Mexico in 2015? I'd much rather see them continue to bridge the gap with NJPW and other Japanese indies.

That style meshes so much better with future main event guys like Rollins, Ziggler, Ambrose, Cesaro, Balor, etc and current guys like Lesnar, Bryan, etc than a lucha guy can present.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Kalisto is Mexican American like Rey, and is every bit as exciting.

For whatever reason they have teamed him up with Sin Cara, who I agree is damaged goods. They have yet to give him a chance as a singles guy. Kalisto's booking coming up has been abysmal, but he can easily be Rey 2.0. Have to get him away from Sin Cara though.

14. Amir's Johnson

Are they still going to change Kalisto's character into a gay hairstylist?

15. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>HEY DANIEL, HOWS THE MIDCARD? HAHAHA!!!</p>&mdash; Vince McMahon (@ObliviousVince) <a href="https://twitter.com/ObliviousVince/status/572596816576978944">March 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I thought Sin Cara was played by a Samoan guy.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

ugh, nevermind.

played by Hunico.

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Heyman gave one hell of a promo yesterday, it's crazy how fired up he can get and not stumble over his words. When Reigns is on the mic, it's pretty much a countdown until he mucks it up.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SC3S27QVxQ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last week Stardust had a great interview too, but it was only featured on the network. Probably because I'm a Stardust fan, and I love the shots he took, starts at 42s.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e3T0YFtlW_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

The more they shove Reigns down our throat, the more I hate him.

Daniel Bryan being downgraded to the IC Title match is a damn joke. Vince sucks.