1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They ****ed up with Ambrose having to feud with Wyatt. Ambrose was getting the biggest face pop of the night.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I know, of all the things they've messed up recently that is the one that ticked me off the most. He was getting by far the best reactions from the crowd, building momentum and then they inexplicably send him off to shoot a movie.

He came back was still getting a good reaction, and then they put him in an extremely pointless feud with Wyatt that just involved a series of random, and very poorly booked hardcore matches. Both guys lost steam with that feud.

He is a good talker, good worker, has size and he was getting a good reaction, now they are basically starting all over again with his momentum.

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Bray Wyatt is facing Undertaker at WM.
    Dean Ambrose has an IC Title shot at Fastlane

The two biggest matches of their careers too date. I don't see how being elevated from a "pointless fued" is basically starting over.

That street fight and ambulance match was fun and great.

When you have the talent that WWE has not everyone can main event WM or be the #1 contender. It doesn't mean they are being buried.

I love Ambrose but I don't see him as a world champion yet ahead of Lesnar, Rollins, Bryan, Wyatt, Ziggler, BnB, Cesaro, Rusev. I think he's right where he should be on the card

4. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

The Usos/Cesaro & Kidd
    Bray Wyatt stealing the show

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Mildly disappointing by my extremely high standards for NXT. Really only the Woman's match and Balor/Neville lived up to the hype. It's irritating watching NXT and seeing how good the women's matches are and then seeing constant crap on the big show.

Would have preferred they let the Owens/Zayn match come to a normal conclusion, but it's clear they are building this angle so I'm OK with it. Even less than spectacular NXT specials are still better than 90% of the WWE PPV's.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

There's been nothing to suggest to me that Wyatt - Taker will be remotely entertaining. Sure, it's "freak v freak," but I feel like the luster of the Undertaker is over, after that loss to Lesnar last year.

There's starting to be some balance on WWE. It's too bad, but I wish they could dissolve the WWE WHC and make it two titles again.

All those names you mentioned (Dean, Rollins, Bryan, Ziggles, Cesaro, Rusev) and Cena, Sheamus, etc. could all be a legit champion, next to the WWE champion. But, it wouldn't make sense to dissolve the 1 into 2.

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Takers fueds at WM over the last 6-7 years w/ Triple H, HBK, Punk & Lesnar have all been great.

Wyatts promos have been outstanding.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Sure, but you go from HHH, HBK, Punk and Lesnar to Bray Wyatt? That's a huge step down.

If Taker and Wyatt are going to go at each other, their promos better be spot on. In recent memory, I don't think anything will top Punk mocking Taker with the whole urn plot.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I doubt the whole urn thing at the end of that RAW before WM could ever be topped.

But I think this will be the darkest/strangest lead in

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Have you seen Taker recently? The guy is broken down, it isn't a step down. It is a chance to elevate a new guy

11. body slam

body slam Member

any chance Joe ends up in the WWE?

12. Beavis Stiffler

Maybe the day after Wrestlemania, he might show up on Raw.

I like to see him go against the guys in the NXT roster than the main roster(Raw/Smackdown).

13. Beavis Stiffler

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9LWbW_pu0Gs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2_zxifXY3ps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IdqI-LHs9yw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Beavis Stiffler

Updated WWE Fastlane Betting Odds. Place your bets on these matchups.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/554593-updated-wwe-fastlane-betting-odds

The following are the updated WWE Fastlane betting odds courtesy of 5Dimes.com:

United States Championship
    Rusev -300
    John Cena +220

Divas Championship
    Nikki Bella -400
    Paige +280

Intercontinental Championship
    Bad News Barrett +400
    Dean Ambrose -600

Tag Team Championship
    Usos -180
    Tyson Kidd & Cesaro +140

#1 Contender Match for the WWE World Title at WrestleMania
    Roman Reigns -1350
    Daniel Bryan +650

Bryan wins clean +794

Reigns wins or no contest -1675

Ending a no contest +376

Bryan or Reigns wins -566

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I think if Lesnar re-ups, they leave the belt on him at WM. Really would love too see Bryan v. Lesnar and then Rollins (cash in) though.

The secondary titles are getting elevated with main event guys. Cena and Ambrose could be champs tonight

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Great troll job by Bray Wyatt

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Knew it was him from the very start. I watch wrestling way too much.

18. buffalobills!!!

19. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

What a bunch of crap.

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rusev/Cena & Bryan/Reigns were two of the best matches I've seen on a PPV in some time. Wow. Reigns/Lesnar will be great. I've been watching a lot of
    NJPW's show on Friday Nights and it just had that feel of both guys laying it all on the line and hitting all their best spots. Seriously A+ for Cena & Reigns

WM

Reigns/Lesnar
    Wyatt/Undertaker
    Sting/Triple H
    Orton/Rollins
    Bryan/Sheamus maybe Ziggler
    Usos/Cesaro & Kidd
    Ambrose/BnB
    Cena/Rusev
    Ziggler, Ryback & Rowand v. Big Show, Kane & Harper?