1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

If Reigns brings the things he showed at Fastlane vs Bryan, I have no doubt Reigns/Lesnar could be outstanding. I def think Rollins cashes in but Lesnar could possibly walk through them both.

Definately think Lesnar/Bryan happens at some point.

I still don't buy anyone being capable of taking the title off Lesnar in a kayfabe sense.

2. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Bryan carried Reigns through that match. WWE pitted them against each other for a reason. To emphatically declare Reigns is their guy and to have Bryan help him through a main-event match. I do not see Reigns capable of leading a match against Lesnar; likewise Brock's best matches have been with experienced vets.

I agree, its going to be hard to see anyone beating Lesnar, especially with how he broke the streak and beat down Cena. I don't see Reigns as that guy. Bryan would've been convincing in the sense that he beat Cena clean and had 'The Knee', which nobody had kicked out of (Until Reigns of course).

They'll play up the hurt ribs angle so it'll look convincing when Reigns kicks out of 4 F5s and spears Lesnar once for the pin.

3. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

First time in a long time I've watched RAW live. Damn it is an effort to get through. That Brock Lesnar promo has been the most entertaining thing on the show so far by far. Only thing is it makes me want to see Lesnar win even more.

Lesnar clearly knows who the character is while Reign is still in Shield mode trying to find himself.

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Man that ending was awesome.

5. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Yeah it was awesome, knew it would play out exactly like that before the commercial leading into it. Took nothing away from it though.

6. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VYvMOf3hsGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For everyone who "gets wrestling", and for those who don't, this is undoubtedly going to be the best thing that comes out this year. A true labor of love, stuffed to the gills with cameos, and a good counter to whatever middling you feel towards the Wrestlemania build.

Just incredible.

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

awesome vid

8. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

9. DBrunk01

DBrunk01 Member

10. Beavis Stiffler

RIP, El Hijo del Perro Aguayo :(

[​IMG]

http://www.pwmania.com/top-mexican-wrestling-star-el-hijo-del-perro-aguayo-dies-following-619-mishap

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>La pena embarga de nuevo nuestros corazones.

Descansa en paz, Hijo del Perro Aguayo. <a href="http://t.co/YGX4Zy6iYc">pic.twitter.com/YGX4Zy6iYc</a></p>&mdash; Lucha Libre AAA (@luchalibreaaa) <a href="https://twitter.com/luchalibreaaa/status/579217174230761472">March 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>El CMLL se una a la pena que embarga a la comunidad luchistica por el sensible fallecimiento del Hijo del Perro Aguayo</p>&mdash; CMLL Lucha Libre (@CMLL_OFICIAL) <a href="https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/579211563678048256">March 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Tragic

FWIW It appears the injury happened when he was falling to the ropes to take the 619, not from the actual 619.

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Bill Simmons joining the RAW announce team tonight, Snoop Dogg hosting, Big Sexy the last HOF inductee

I guess Sheamus ends up with the IC belt

13. Beavis Stiffler

Or maybe Sheamus will enter the Andre The Giant Battle Royal and win it.

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Wait a minute, did R-Truth just win an actual match

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

That divas match was such a turn on.... Probably the best match in WWE Diva division history.... That damn Paige is so sexy

16. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Worst ending to Mania build up!

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Was the ending a botch? Were they cut off by USA or something? That was the most abrupt, anti-climactic closes to a Raw, much less a go home show to Wrestlemania that I've ever seen.

18. Beavis Stiffler

It's like they copied that ending from The Sopranos.

19. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

That was seriously the worst ending to a Raw before Wrestlemania. Got all hyped up by Heyman and you have Lesnar and Reigns...tug of war for the belt? Like children?
    And then you end the program without any fight. The commentators were even silent.

Some said they cut it prematurely due to the cheers for Lesnar/boos for Reigns. Who knows? I want to know what they did after the broadcast.

This was last year's. How far WWE has fallen.
    https://youtu.be/PHsYo1QUX3U?t=2m18s

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Rollins HAS to cash in his MitB briefcase at Mania, right? It's the deadline?

Reigns to win, Lesnar to go ballistic, Rollins to cash in on Reigns' corpse?