1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I know. As a labeled "McHale Apologist" I of all people should know the goals but can't in this instance.

When Morey himself has come out and given evidence of how the hacking strategy rarely works, it would be shocking to me that they would allow their coaches to even think about doing it unless their backs are against the wall.

So I'm not worried about McHale's decision to do it once last night, but I just found it a bit comical. Maybe it was a joke that didn't come off as that funny. Who knows, but McHale's tenure as coach with the Rockets probably shouldn't be defined from that one decision to hack Biyombo for no reason twice in a late season game.

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Dorsey has pics of McFail and the Failettes (asst coaches), with 2 monkeys, a unicorn, and 3 eyed pigeon!!!

3. dmoneybangbang

The idiots do scream quite a bit.

4. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Well stated, very well stated.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Rockets were very motivated to win the game Friday. That hacking strategy took away the fire and focus from the Rockets. So you have idiots saying it didn't work because we gained a couple of points but meanwhile home-court is taken away because the fans have nothing to cheer for and Harden who could easily score in bunches in the fourth could have given us a big lead but he is rendered useless. It makes sense in that circumstance to do it. You take MVP candidate James Harden out of the game and he is only left at the end to make a game wining shot which could go either way. Why did we do it against the Hornets? No idea made no sense, maybe Mchale is practicing for the playoffs. It is curious as to why you would say something doesn't work and then try to employ that thing yourself. But we won and I guess that's all that matters.

6. RESINator

RESINator Member

I'm rooting for Kevin tonight!

Let's go for that 2nd seed!

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I want to face Portland for payback, lol

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This is when McHale shows if he's improved from last season.

We absolutely cannot underachieve in the postseason for the 2nd straight year.

9. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's one thing to lose to a 5 seed, and a whole 'nother thing to lose to a 7 seed that's been in disarray since their big midseason trade.

Losing to Dallas with HCA even with our injuries would be an absolute embarrassment and a total indictment on how crappy of an in-game coach McHale is. Guaranteed that if Dallas wins, Carlisle out-strategizing McHale will have a lot to do with it

10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Just checking into this club on a good night.

Let me reiterate, with McFail at the helm, we will never win a championship.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We were favored last season and lost, although not nearly as heavy favorites we will be this season.

It will be extremely disappointing if we lost this season in the first round again. If we lose, I will be shocked if a coaching change does not occur.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You guarantee that something that is extremely rare, no matter who the coach, won't happen.

Way to go out on a limb.

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

If the Rockets get to the NBA Finals this year, I will tell the girl that I am in love with, that I love her/have feelings for her and then I'll let fate decide what she has to say back to me.

That is all...

Carry on.

14. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Haters gonna hate.

Those in denial for a regular season SW champs and #2 seed now turn their hate and hopes on a Rockets collapse in the playoffs.

Watch...they will also up the ante such as saying....McHale is a failure unless he wins the NBA championship.

The regular season is what it is...a success by any measure. Haters don't want success...just failures they can use to rain down more disrespect for the team and organization.

The rest of us which may be a minority on this Rockets "fan" forum, celebrate this regular season success and support the team in the playoffs.

15. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Get ready to do it.

Because the team might just pull it off.

16. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Your signature makes me sad:(

17. Normalus

Normalus Member

Huh? Ok, I will mark your words.

18. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Outcoach the crap out of Carlisle today.

19. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Loved the intentional foul on Rondo. They stopped hacking Josh immediately.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This was a, dare I say it, terrific coaching performance by McHale today