1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

This guy said what most of them really think. Just wish they would give it a rest until after the playoffs....so they rest of us can talk basketball.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

How is what I said about hate? What did I say that was hateful?

3. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

Wow there buddy, no need to get so defensive. He's just saying the seeding in the West doesn't really mean much lol

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Why? That's a blatantly obvious fact.

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

McHale is learning, I give him that. He's not hopeless, just slower, more stubborn. As long as he can get the players to work their ass off for him. I am warming up the idea of having him around longer, but he needs to win this series.

#10885 AvgJoe, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

work their ass for him?

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I think they have more talent on paper, but we are more cohesive.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know your whole thing is being afraid of the Dallas Mavericks, but the only thing Dallas has on the Rockets are the sexy recognizable names.

Dwight > Chandler
    TJ < Dirk
    Ariza = Parsons
    Harden > Monta
    JET < Rondo (This might be debatable)

Prigioni = Barea
    Brewer > Harris
    Smith > Amare
    Capela = Charlie V

9. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

He is getting much better. I never hated him as a person but I did as a coach. I was wrong. Even if we didnt advance the job he did with all the injuries was short of a miracle.

10. RESINator

RESINator Member

Keep whiteknighting. Becoming a bit obsessive much?

I'm sorry but you don't get to dictate talking basketball. You're embarrassing yourself and its painfully obvious that you're becoming the yin to the yang, the lof to the loh, the joker to the dark knight and the apologist to the criticism.

I still believe our team is greater than the mavs but McHale < Carlisle. McHale still has a lot to prove. I expect nothing less than to beat the mavs. That is a given. Its no surprise given how we spanked them during regular season.

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Yea bc he went out of the game after that foul.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Vstexas09 are you as neurotic in real life as you are on the bbs? Go hit up Paul Wall and get some lean or something

13. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Just quoting you....you don't like to be quoted? Seems pretty hateful to me...but I suppose you find it common and kind to wish excrement on a HOF, top 50 basketball player who leads his team to a #2 seed with one of the highest injury rate in the NBA?

14. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

LOL, thx. Fixed.

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

How so? NBA success is all about stars and when we face off vs Dallas, the two best players on the floor are wearing Rockets uniforms.

Dirk, Stoudemire and Rondo are all recognizable names but they are a shadow of their former selves.

16. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Agreed

17. CWilliams45

CWilliams45 Member

I could be completely off base here because as far as rating coaches I'm not an expert, but say we were to fire McHale, would Hakeem get a look at the job? If he was a proper replacement, which again I have no clue, wouldn't that be awesome?

18. knowidea

knowidea Member

No...........

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm definitely no fan of McHale, but he can't get all the blame for sucking, but none of the credit for us finishing 2nd in the West.

Maybe he is beginning to learn how to coach.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

I have to actually give McHale credit for competently doing his job. Going HARD after Dirk's defense who's just too old to guard anyone and not forcing the issue with Harden.

I will also give him props for giving Capela time and exterminating Joey Dorsey from the rotation.

I really shouldn't have to compliment a coach for doing the obvious, but that's where we are with him as a coach.