1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You Just Might Be a Moridiot If...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Oct 29, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You, Sir, are no moron. I guess it is still too early to make any assumptions.

Jeremy Lin wasn't at his best, Parsons had his D-eficiencies and Asik was more off the court than on it.

We should at least be more humongous, more balanced on the court.

How much better the team are without them we will have to see when we play the contenders, the playoff teams, teams with big men like Gasol, ZBo, Davis and Asik. There I said it!

2. Possum

Possum Member

why would you even respond to such an ignorant post. you can't talk since the people like that you're wasting your time.

3. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

You think Lin over Dragic was a smart move

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You might be a Moridiot if you think:

-Getting rid of Lin wasn't addition by subtraction. Canaan has done solid in the back-up role so far.
    -Morey's talent evaluation skills are bad. Papa and Ariza looking like steals of the offseason.
    -You think 3 pointers are bad. 3's are not bad, as long as you have the correct personnel taking them.
    -You think Morey does not value defense. There's a reason the theme of the off-season was getting solid defensive players. The results are showing.
    -You think Morey is a bad GM after netting us Dwight Howard and James Harden. Harden is a stud. Thank heavens we have a GM who had the foresight to trade for Harden.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Chum is fun.

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

*snicker

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

GG. Way to look like schmucks as usual.

8. hotballa

I love going through old threads and seeing the Moridiots crowing about their dear leader.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if you think anyone who dares shoots a mid range jumper should be hanged for public display

"HOW DARE YOU! HOW ****ING DARE YOU! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'VE DONE? HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO US? WHY?"

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hindsight is a hell of a thing.

How does Morey think depth is overrated? He literally just constructed a team supposedly at least two deep at every position trying to emulate the GSW's depth.

How does Morey think PGs aren't important? He literally just traded for a previous top 15 PG in the league. There is no other better PG he could have gotten. And let me clarify he traded not one piece of a playoff rotation to get said player.

How does Morey think chemistry isn't important? He literally just kept the entire team together from last season's playoff run.

You claim Morey thinks this is fantasy basketball. Yet I know there's 29 other teams in the Association who would be leaving voicemails on his phone the minute word got out he wasn't with the Rockets anymore - offering him positions.

Alas, you're true with the midrange.

1/5 ain't bad son.

1 person likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure that was our 3-point % last night. :grin:

12. Downtown Sniper

We must have been on a hot streak at that point in time if we were 1/5!!

13. hotballa

He doesn't even pay attention to Josh Smith. Lost him the same way we lost out on other good players while he's too busy playing fantasy GM

He brings in a PG whose playing style is questionably compatible with Hardens. Again, he has no idea of the importance of a good PG that can setup the rest of the team. No concept of team building, thinks he can just bring in any player that fits neatly into his spreadsheet and the team will automatically win.

I don't see the depth in our team at all. Which player on our teams bench has even a remote shot at being 6th mab of the year?

14. Downtown Sniper

How many teams have a player on their bench who legitimately has a shot at the 6th Man of the Year?

You don't see depth because you are choosing not to.

Capela - every team would take
    TJones/Dmo - whilst there's differing views on these two - this is where Morey makes his living. Making other teams see things in them. Every team for a fact would take DMo. And I'm thinking a fair few would take Jones off their bench.
    Brewer - previously would have said a lot of championship teams want a player like him. But this season he has been putrid.
    McDaniels - a hell of a lot of teams would like to get their hands on someone of his potential to try and mould him.

The depth is there. It's just not being used correctly which is where the problem lies.

This also pertains to the Lawson dilemma as well.

I think Lawson can work very well with this team... it's like beating the same old drum with me... but the coaching in place is not going to utilise his talents.

For crying out loud they're asking him to do something he's NEVER been good at in his career basically.

I think this is the season though where Morey's whack ideology (the one thing I'll admit he's dead wrong on) about coaching changes.

And next season we will have a coaching staff (my personal opinion is that a fire sale has to happen to get every lingering McHale-esque quality out of this team.... Sorry not sorry Lynn) better suited to fit the puzzle pieces of this team together.

By and large Morey has been an absolute godsend for this franchise. Now he has taken some steps back with the decision to keep McHale a lot longer than he should have... and it seems like this is unfortunately going to be a wasted season.

But I think it's a necessary evil to set Morey straight on some things - which can only mean huge dividends for the Rockets in the future.

15. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Reading this thread make me realize that some people are gonna love Morey no matter what he does or how the team play. Its not the roster that is flawed, its the players that are flawed. Oh wait, isn't that one in the same?

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Im my #1 fan. I'm so conceited

17. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Fickle fans blow me away. Almost the same squad in the wcf last year. Fire McHale thread totally dead at that time. Morey hailed as a genius. Lose 8 games fire everyone, blow it up, world stopped spinning. All the sudden fans coming out of the woodwork saying they hated him 'all along'.

Human nature can be hilarious.

18. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I'm hoping you wasn't referencing this to me and was just speaking in general. But if so, you did not see me say anything about how I hate the tram or want to blow it up, or hate Morey. I was stating what I see when I read these comments. The moment someone says anything about Morey and his philosophy there are a slew of posters that come to his defense on every take someone has about the things he do or don't do.

I give Morey credit for making the Harden move and for being in a position to sign Howard and I think the Lawson trade was a good move (even though its not working at this time). But just as many homeruns he has, he has just as many strikouts. And the roster turnover which causes chemistry problems. I know he kept most of the team from last year together, but don't think for one second he wouldn't had made a complete turnover if he saw the opportunity. He couldn't get Aldrige and there wasn't anybody else worth breaking the team up for. I don't think he is the worse GM like some posters, but I also don't think he is the God of GMs like some. He has his hits and misses like all other GMs.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I may have missed some.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member