1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You Just Might Be a Moridiot If...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Oct 29, 2014.

1. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

That's actually quite common. Lots of psych studies on something similar. People are generally overly optimistic and too overconfident in their own abilities, and it seems the dumber you are, the more highly you think of yourself. It is related to those studies showing how most people all think they are above average on some certain thing/action/ability (hint: statistically impossible).

People who are depressed actually have the best gauge on reality and their own talents, yet we call them clinically depressed! Haha, so guess hotballa is at least not suffering from that mental ailment...

2. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

And we were gonna be a playoff team if Harden got hurt with the AWESOME Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik, and Jeremy Lin. Are you f'ing kidding me dude. If either Harden and to a lesser extent Howard see any major injury time we were in trouble no matter what.

If CP3 or Griffin go down how awesome do you think the Clips will be ? what kind of a start do you realistically think OKC gets off to with KD on the bench for 6 weeks.

Or how about this one, lets say Lebron goes out for 3 months, ya think Kyrie and Love will be able to carry that team ?? NFW

Yeah our bench is the weak link right now, mainly because it is unproven and isn't superstar laden like it was last year (tongue firmly in cheek), if you didn't see a more fluid and defensive minded team playing out there last night then you weren't looking at the same game I was.

Morey still has some major assets to pull a possible rabbit out of the hat at some point perhaps with the MLE or a straight up trade using the Pels pick and assets for a major player (point guard preferably or PF), just R E LA X ....

3. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

You keep whining about a bench that has played one game, dude. One game. Most guys on our bench are young guys, you don't know how they will develop into their roles. Give it a rest....

...unless you have a crystal ball, in which case, who is the Fan Duel value pick of the week? Make a thread about that....I presume it would be much better received.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's the first game of the season and Morey already made you look foolish upgrading Parsons with Ariza.

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

But, but...something something something...chemistry, ...something something something...fantasy basketball.

6. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

A wise man once told me, the dumbest guy in the room is more often than not the loudest guy in the room.

....I think that fits several posters on this board.

7. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Nice!!!!

8. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

After 1 game? AND we won? WTF? I thought threads like this were suppose to end after the season started.

9. alethios

alethios Member

You conveniently averaged the wins per season but failed to note that the wins have increased each season. While it remains to be seen what this season's win total will be, Rockets have steadily improved their win totals over the last 3 seasons - 34 > 45 > 54

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I believe Ariza is solid enough to replace Parsons and Lin was a complete piece of trash. That means the only thing we need to replace was Asik's low post presence. That remains the only struggle of this team's somewhat suspect bench. The bigs off the bench are going to be exposed when they have to play early and often because of Dwight foul trouble. Might not hurt you against Jordan Hill and Ed Davis, but against more formidable low post opposition it will become an issue.

11. RCPM

RCPM Member

Great, I just spit water all over my monitor.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The realization of your own limitations is a downer (and im not joking), the human condition is awesome really.

13. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I agree with this completely. Since Asik only played 19 minutes for a quarter of a season, people take it for granted that in the playoffs he was a stud. This is relevant as the West is full of teams racked with 2 big men, not just Portland. Memphis, SA, Clippers, Warriors, OKC all trot lineups that in a playoff series where you could have started Howard / Asik (not saying this is ideal, but better than Howard / Jones imo). Jones and Dmo will get their lunch eaten in a series with these teams. They did vs Portland, i have no clue what they'd do vs a Memphis or Clippers. Ugly to think about.

I do think Ariza / Papa / Black will do just fine, but one area of concern is we need a banger at the 4. And ideally one who can knock down a 15 footer ;)

14. alethios

alethios Member

It is if you set yourself up to believe that you should feel down for not being more than you are, i.e., unrealistic expectations. I believe the truly happy people are the ones that can accept their limitations and cope quite nicely.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lakers shoot 5-27 for outside the paint but within the 3 pt line last night, that's good for 18.5%.

As for the Rockets, for the same type of shot, we were even worse than the Lakers, we shot 15.4%.

The difference?

we only took 13 shots comparing to Lakers 27 shots.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Those are the legi points I agree. People are short-sighted hence the attitude you are getting right now. You say this after the Portland loss and people would agree. I'm a hard critic to this team but that's because I care and there's tons of horrible homerism going on. I try checking them

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's not really that at all, the issues stem more from outward interactions than self

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is a very true statement. I think all posters should read this.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

"People who are depressed actually have the best gauge on reality and their own talents" isn't true at all dude.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You already refuted your own point by pointing out the smallest sample size possible moran.