1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You Just Might Be a Moridiot If...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

This guy is trollin. The alternative to his caricature being that we can be like the Lakers and try to avoid three pointers in favor of bricking mid-range jumpers (since nobody on that team can get to the rim), and ride a 36 year old has-been to a 20+ point loss. Glad you're not the GM, Hotballa. We'd be lottery fodder if you had any say.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Its just a continuation of my complaints last year. I just dont remember ever seeing a bench this bad before, and really frustrated me to the point I had to turn off the game for a few minutes. Just watching them play reminded me of last year and the year before that. I'm seeing the exact same problem again this year. Too much focus on top talent, gotta pay a little attention to the small details.

3. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Hey also turned the corpse of Tmac and AWFUL role players into this in 6 years, that's quite a solid rebuild.

Morey inherited a terrible situation and because people praise him on making really solid trades (he has), people think WELL HE HASN'T WON ANYTHING YET HAS HE. That isn't really fair. It takes time and luck to put together a contender unless you can luck into a Tim Duncan or Lebron James, or if you are LA and can lure Shaq there.

He is a top 5 GM in the game, and I'd much rather my GM constantly be looking for a big splash, unless you are 100% sure your team is a contender (we would have been with Bosh, Current 100% contenders: OKC with a healthy Durant, SA, Clev, Clippers (I'm assuming Blake Griffin has taken another big step based on preseason which would make them contenders), that's it).

4. hotballa

That GM you worship so much would rather have us be in the lottery than be a 46 win team, which incidentally is our average wins per season with him at the helm.

5. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

The only argument you can provide is that we didn't sign Kyle Lowry this summer to court the superstars.

And even this decision might be vindicated yet if we can get Paul Millsap or Al Horford, or a player of the same talent level as these three, at the trade deadline.

A big change is coming this next offseason in that the salary cap is increasing and the Rockets are set up really well to outright sign a quality player that wants to play in Houston.

We're in good shape if you look at the big picture. Don't think the rockets don't know where they're coming short, nor that they aren't working to improve.

This is the best part about our Rockets office: I can confidently say they do more homework than any other team and are the most prepared for different transaction possibilities. This impresses me completely.

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I should have just trusted the star rating system and not clicked on this thread. I'll never get those 5 minutes of my life back....

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You realize that you just made the case for why you should ALWAYS shoot for the stars, right?? There are a limited number of stars. If you can create an opportunity to hoard 3 on the same roster, you do it. You have to make do with what you can get your hands on.

8. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

That's a silly comment...you could make that about almost any team in the league. Harden is our star player. If any team's star player were hurt, they'd have a hard time making the playoffs...

...Unless they're in the East or something lol.

9. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Hard to take hotballa seriously when 99% of everyone else disagrees with him.

Is Morey perfect? No. Has he made mistakes? Yes. But is he also one of the best GMs in the league? HELL yes.

There aren't many options out there better, much less available ones. To whine about the flaws of a great GM, in a non-constructive way, is moronic in my opinion. Morey's mistakes are generally fixed quickly, and he's still one of the only GMs ever to have turned a team that SHOULD have tanked and sucked...into a playoff contender within 3 yrs WITHOUT TANKING. Like, seriously, huh?

If I were an owner OR fan of an nba team, Morey would be on my short list of GMs to hire.

1 person likes this.
  10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This is just flat out incorrect. If Morey really wanted to be a lottery team he could have easily tanked some of our mediocre seasons instead of trying to patch together a team that continually made the 9th seed. If he wanted to stay in the lottery, he wouldn't have tried to trade for Pau Gasol in the vetoed LA trade. If he wanted to stay in the lottery, he would not have traded for Harden and had McHale try and develop Jeremy Lamb and potentially Steven Adams.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You might be a moron if you're vehemently disagreeing with people that might be agreeing with you.

..if you reply every second or third message of an otherwise discussionless thread.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

There is no point in building depth without a core that can win and Morey has stated pretty clearly, he is not sure that our core can do that in the West without a 3rd star.

13. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

At what point during all of Morey's signings and trades would we now have a championship if he had done the opposite?

By my count, only once - and that's the ludicrous case where he divines the exact peak value of Yao and McGrady before they crash, trades them for Kevin Durant and Pau Gasol or some other ridiculous thing, and rules the world.

Everything else is just degrees of losing that (given the sudden collapse of two max players) no GM in the world could have fully salvaged.

You have exactly one argument with any basis in reality, the depth one, and it is valid for this year but completely ignores his history. Pull up any Morey hating post circa 2010 and its about how he make great depth moves but sucks at bringing in superstars. It's pretty convenient for you that he magically lost his depth ability right when he gained his recruit superstar ability.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Save yourself the grief and just stop watching until we get a new GM. Why put yourself through the agony? It's not good for your mental health.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So it doesn't matter that the Rockets are a 54 win top 4 team in the West unless they do it with the coach and players you specifically want. :rolleyes:

16. hotballa

Are they a 54 win team that can go deep in the playoffs? Because this coach and these players aren't going to do that.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Next time, I'd go a step further and shut off your computer along with your tv. Then do us all a favor and take a sledgehammer to the computer.

18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

If 25% of the first page posts belong to the OP, you know there's a false premise being bandied about.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I like how this random dude is mocking the GM who went to MIT for being an idiot :rolleyes:

You remind of that meme with the guy holding up the "Read the bible, morans!" sign. Why is it always the dimmest lightbulb who thinks he's the one guy above everyone else?

20. hotballa

??? I dont understand. If something bothered you enough to make a new thread about it, why would you not want to discuss it? So every thread op should now abandon their thread until the 3rd page just to prove something (im not entirely sure what)