1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Meant to say Andre Johnson and Dennis Pitta for Julia Edelman and Rob Gronkowski. If that goes through I may have a trade lined up involving Tom Brady and Alshon Jeffery for Drew Brees and TY Hilton. My new lineup would be:

Drew Brees
    Wes Welker
    TY Hilton
    Montee Ball
    Adrian Peterson
    Rob Gronk
    flex: edelman/maurice jones drew.

Thoughts? Puts my thin at receiver but I get elite at QB and (fingers crossed) TE.

2. mulletman

mulletman Member

Have my draft tomorrow. I have the #6 pick in a 12-team non ppr league. Rules are 6 pts for running/receiving TDs and 5 pts for passing TDs. Most probably, my choice will be between some combination of these 4: Forte, Lacy, Megatron, and Manning. How would you rank them?

Thanks!

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'd have them in the same order that you listed them, but Lacy and Calvin are sort of interchangeable to me. Forte is easily my choice out of those though - he's going to get a heap of carries this year with no real viable option behind him and lots of scoring opportunities. I would also not expect Manning to put up the same numbers this year with a tougher schedule.

1 person likes this.
  4. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

At the flex, do I start Ryan Mathews vs. Arizona or Emmanuel Sanders vs. Indy.

I don't think I'd ever accept that trade.

EDIT: Missed your latest post where you mentioned the Gronk part. Still a tough call. Gronk's health is up in the air, and I wouldn't want to bet my team on it. Plus I think Kubiak's offense will be really friendly towards Pitta this year.

1 person likes this.
  5. what

what Member

Depending on how good your league is at drafting you probably aren't going to have a choice between those four.

Manning is the only one on that list that I am somewhat confident that will be available.

You probably looking at a choice between:
    Montee Ball
    Manning
    Jimmy Graham
    Dez Byrant
    Demayrus Thomas

1 person likes this.
  6. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I was thinking the exact same thing, I'd have them in that EXACT order. But to add to that, I'd also have Peyton ranked lower. I know he had an out.of this world season last year, but I don't think he's going to separate himself from everyone else like he did last year. I'd rather have Brees/Rodgers, ESPECIALLY when you consider their respective schedules

1 person likes this.
  7. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I'd really like to get rid of Foster. What RB's do you guys think I'd be able to get that are worth a package of Foster and Cobb?

8. what

what Member

Draft question:

I am trying to figure out the best move, I am looking at drafting either Giovani Bernard or Monte Ball at 12 in the first round. The next two picks I have is #13 and #25.

I would like to grab Kenan Allen and Andre Ellington with those picks. My plan was to go Gio Bernard and Andre Ellington with 12 and 13 and then grab Kenan Allen with the first pick of the 3rd round: 25.

However I am not sure kenan Allen is going to last that long. So I am wondering if you would take Allen instead of Ellington and hope ellington falls to 25.

Which is more likely to happen? To me Kenan Allen is certainly important, but I'd love to get him in the top of the 3rd, but not sure this is going to happen.

9. thething

thething Contributing Member

In my two drafts Ellington went 36 and 48. Allen went 44 and 51. So Keenan Allen is more likely to fall than Ellington.

The best advice I could give you is to stick to your board, though. Don't be too attached to any one player. Let other people reach for talent and take the best player available. I think at 13 both of those players would be a reach when you could possibly get an elite WR like Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson, AJ Green, or Brandon Marshall.

10. what

what Member

I am not big on really taking a wr with 12 or 13 this year. If I could get kenan allen in the 3rd round, or 25 pick overall, I like it much better.

However, my main goal is to make sure that I get at least 3 starting rbs in my top 5 rounds of drafting.

Also, my backup plan is to take a top qb at 25 if allen is gone.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

In most of my drafts Keenan Allen is a 3rd round pick.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I drafted Ellington in my draft at 36 also ;)

13. what

what Member

I hate to pull the "in my league" crap, but last year in this same type of league you could look at the adp of a player and every "hot" rising player went a round ahead of adp.

Most people in this league are looking to draft the hot players really quick. And you have to think like this, if I had the #1 pick in the draft and I got Shady, what would I be looking for in round #2 in the last part of the draft?

My answer would be: gronk, alshon jeffery, kennen allen, ellington.

I recognize that I am giving premium value to Ellington, but the reason I did that was because I wanted to get the first pick in round 3 of my draft.

By drafting 12th, I get the 1st pick in round 3 which is very important because that's typically when the stud qbs go off the board.

anyway, I'm not that far off in my rankings: here's what brad evans and brandon funston did in a draft:
    http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/48262/61/industry-draft-recap

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I picked 12th and 13th. I got dez and d Thomas. And then vareen and Ellington next. My league is only a 1/2 point not full. So I hope I didn't reach on my rb's. Martin foster Bernard Morris and bell were all taken regardless. I have 2 great wr and andre Johnson in my flex so as long as those little guys don't get hurt I should have enough points in my position players.

As far as qb goes it is easily the most volatile position this year. With Brees and manning getting older.

15. what

what Member

Also, have you guys heard of the te-te theory that seems to be going around? The idea is that you draft Jimmy Graham and Gronk in the 1st and second rounds and then use one as a flex.

16. thething

thething Contributing Member

If Gronk is healthy, it works. It is too risky for me.

I think going Gronk in the second round when you already have Graham is crazy, though. You get basically the same value from one of the elite WRs who are MUCH safer picks. The main advantage of Graham or Gronk is that at the TE position they are much better than anyone else in the field. In the flex position it is not as big of an advantage.

17. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I've been offered Antonio Brown and Reggie Bush for Victor Cruz and Matthew Stafford. Should I take this, or keep waiting on Stafford market to build up? I could use the help at RB obviously

My team as is:

QB: Brees
    WR: D. Thomas
    WR: Victor Cruz
    RB: Gore
    RB: Morris
    TE: Rudolph
    W/RB: Decker

Bench
    Stafford
    Jeremy Hill
    Fred Jackson
    Bernard Pierce
    Riley Cooper
    James Jones
    Justin Hunter

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

^forgot to mention that his is PPR

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'd do that without hesitation. Brown is much more reliable, especially in PPR, than Cruz and Bush gives you a legitimate RB2 or flex play.

20. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

None PPR, Flex spot. Doug Martin, V-Jax, Mike Evans, Stephen Jackson or Khiry Robinson. Any recommendations? Can only pick 1. I am starting Forte and Gore in RB spots and Maclin and Percy in WR spots.