1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is back people!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Feb 26, 2015.

1. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

We got Detroit next? Interesting game for Jones. Been an interesting week for Smoove too.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Why would any honest fan be down on either of these guys? They have both turned that most critical corner this year. I think it's nonsense to imagine that one of them is off the table in trades and the other isn't. They have both become very good starter-quality players and they are both getting better all the time.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

They ... are both getting better all the time. And bigs mature later.

They encourage me.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

TJ is our secret weapon

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think the secret is out. Jones is GOOD.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Another great game from him tonight, especially in the 2nd half he was igniting the squad with some huge plays. Hit a couple of threes too with a long 2 as well.

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Damn, I forgot how good this kid is. Great to have him back! I hope he eventually gets to the point where he can adequately guard the LMA's and ZBo's of the world.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Jones got blocked a couple of times by their big men, but he already is much better at the basket than last year. He does so many things that help this team win.

Jones is turning into a monster. Love it.

9. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

I really really happy for TJ. I remember reading an article in Houston Chronicle where he recounted watching Rockets games in the hospital. He said he was happy for them but was worried about the team moving on and forgetting about him in the line up.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Terrence Jones is on his way to bring a star. Ability, athleticism, skill, and awareness are all converging simultaneously...</p>&mdash; Brian Geltzeiler (@hoopscritic) <a href="https://twitter.com/hoopscritic/status/574228596669202433" data-datetime="2015-03-07T15:22:20+00:00">March 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

what star is he bringing?

KD confirmed to Houston

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Hate how DMO has regressed since T Jones came back to the starting lineup. DMO is still a very important part of our offense. Hope playoff time he finds his rythym again. Both are huge keys if we want to advance.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

same guy who said that wasnt a fould on Harden by ZBo??

14. basketballholic

Jones played his best game of the season so far last night. Got dinged, went out, and came back strong. And he nailed some outside shots. Loved his tenacity and spirit.

The single best moment for me was at around 8:55 of the 4th quarter after he had nailed a couple jumpers, he comes down and spots up on the right arc, James comes dribbling down and Terrence has his hands out asking and almost demanding the ball. Thought that was terrific. Love that attitude. James finally gave it to him and he missed but it didn't matter. Game was in hand and he had already nailed several shots to go along with other outstanding play.

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

*foul*
    #noob -_-

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is the 2nd best player at this point on the team. His confidence is increasing with every game, and his jumper is starting to look smooth. That can be a potential game changer down the line. His low post game is getting better too, along with his improved defense and rebounding.

His upside is really starting to show. I have this feeling he will get better with every opportunity he gets. If he keeps on fighting hard every time he plays, he will become a very solid all round PF.

Who knows, he might even scare the crap out of the league in a couple of years, as a HOUSTON ROCKET!

17. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i like what i see with james harden and our running wings: smith, brewer, ariza, and jones

size, length, skill, athleticism - defense.

18. basketballholic

Wouldn't exactly call his jumper smooth. He's still got footwork problems to go along with hand problem. But....he did smoothen it out and didn't hesitate on it, just coiled and let 'er rip. That's always better than slowing everything down to snail speed and then releasing.

19. saleem

No doubt about this. I hope he will fight through this difficult time, and once Dwight gets going, he can play an important role in the playoffs for us.

20. saleem

He has the potential to work on something that he didn't have before. If he works on his jumper, and his free throws/ defensive rotations in practice and in the off season, he can become a dangerous player.