1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is back people!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

DMO and TJ are two peas in a pod. Both are rotation players that can do some nice things and help a team win in the right situation and both are also very flawed.

I cannot see why anyone can really like one strongly over the other..... they both have had their moments.

2. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Everytime I read this thread, I feel like it says "Terrence Jones Is Black People"

3. basketballholic

Frankly.....I'm ready for Frank The Tank Kaminsky. I'm hoping if we keep our pick this is the guy we pick up and then we can possibly move one or both of DMo/Terrence for a quality point.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I say movie neither.
    I say we should look to Draft one

Rocket River

5. basketballholic

If we can't get Russell there's no 1's that are worthy the Pels pick.

6. Dankush

Dankush Member

Basketballholic has to be the worst poster. You should really change your signature. You realize every player you want to trade for is legit awful right? You really should just keep your opinion to yourself so you dont embarrass yourself anymore.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...this might be true. This might also not be true.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Terrence Jones moves without the ball as well as any forward I have ever seen. Endless energy...

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Ability with ball in hand.

Showed us a post move in the first Q (missed it, so that could be Dorsey level skill?)

Defensive maniac
    http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/203093/tracking/defense/

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Cannot say enough good things about TJ lately. Terrific game tonight... too bad the officials wasted it.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Since he's been moved into the starting lineup he's been our best big. No question.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I really hope he is only our 2nd best big in the playoffs.... the last 2 games showed us what happens when 3 PFs fill in at C. :(

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Pretty amazing he's playing better than he ever has after an injury like that.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Well, he was playing the same way at the start of the year (before the injury).

It's that natural jump that talented players make between seasons 2 and 3. They tend to improve in all facets - Terrence added defence, makes him a legit starter.

There IS a reason that he was touted as a top 5-10 pick after his freshman year at college....

15. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Terrence Jones is the truth! We need both he and D-Mo to keep pushing each other and get stronger physically and on defense but TJ is a game changer.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Jones has back to back big games against teams with tremendous frontlines.

Jpotmac
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So, we have Jones and Motiejunas on lock down the next couple years right?

Morey has some interesting decisions to make...

TJones is good for 16-9 with 2 blocks every single night, and he will be doing that for a long, long time in this league.

#437 RudyTBag, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This makes all the past Dmo vs Terrence threads look silly. Both are growing up, getting better each day.

19. i3artow i3aller

Hear, hear! These are two young, hardworking players that have both stepped their individual games up during Dwight's absence. Proud of the perseverance they've each displayed. Confidence and playing time goes a long way in providing youthful developing talent with the 'royal jelly' they need to succeed.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Holy crap, Kaminsky is another nonathletic 7 footer with developed post skills and shooting but will struggle to add strength or guard PFs never mind centers. If you want another skinny 7 foot white guy, then would rather have the more athletic and explosive Porzingis.