1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris likes Houston as a possible new destination.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Aug 13, 2015.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think it's pretty clear who the leader of this team is..... Harden gathering the troops.

2. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Next to Harden is Aaron Hines who is an instructor there.

3. Mr Chuck Norris

Friends?

4. dianelo

dianelo Member

5. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

sorry if posted ... idk if this is a reliable website ... but ...

http://www.delhidailynews.com/news/...rkieff-Morris-Terrence-Jones-Swap-1441203752/

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Someone [from the DDN] needs to read up on trade rules.

7. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

my thought too, salaries dont match and idk how a 3rd team could make that work ...

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Roster > Edit Player > Contract

Boom, from there you can change the contract amount to whatever you want.

9. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

I dont believe in these rumors. Anyway, this trade could be harmful?

We need Jone's cap Space for try Durant in next FA.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

:grin:

That or trade override turned on!

Jones and his minuscule $2.4M salary? He's due for a new contract next year anyways.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Bima, cap experts, etc...

Could Houston, Phoenix, and TJones agree to an extend and trade that would allow Houston to increase their outgoing salary? I believe the answer is no, but I'm not sure. Here's a quote from Coon's FAQ:

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Is Delhi Daily Jopat's paid subscription that I'm missing out on?

If so, shame on you for posting here to us non-insiders.

1 person likes this.
  13. basketballholic

Even with an extension, TJones outgoing salary for trade purposes is $2,489,530. Still gotta have an additional $4,160,470 to complete trade for Markieff.

To trade for Markieff right now would have to involve one of Harden, Howard, Ariza, Lawson, DMo, or Dekker. None of those are going to be moved for Markieff. You could cobble together Jones, DMo, Dekker for Markieff. But that makes zero sense. No trades for Markieff with the current roster of players eligible to be traded makes sense.

To trade for Markieff on or after Dec. 15th, one of the first 4 would have to go or KJ McDaniels, Jones, and one of Thornton/Terry/Dekker will have to be sent out to make the salaries work. To do that, they'll have to get the approval of Thornton or Terry to be traded. Good luck. And I don't think that's good value anyways.....adding Markieff's 4 years and subtracting KJ's basically rookie deal. Once again, Jones/DMo/Dekker would work. But that makes no sense for Markieff.

If a trade for Markieff occurs on or after 1/15/2016 then it could possibly include Jones and Brewer, or Jones and Beverley. Still doesn't make a lot of sense barring Markieff agreeing to make the final 3 years of his contract non-guaranteed.

It's simply ridiculous to be discussing Markieff trades at this time. The pieces aren't there to do it and we aren't going to tie up more cap space for 2016, especially on a risky guy like Markieff. You saw what we did to get Lawson. We made him make his 2016 salary non-guaranteed. Why? Because we aren't going to take the risk of having a boat anchor contract on our books for2016 that we have to upchuck assets to move out. Markieff is even a bigger risk than Lawson. No way do we trade for him and owe him 3 more seasons after this one with his current attitude issues.

The whole thing is simply not feasible. I don't care if we even had Kostas' non-guaranteed salary to throw into the deal to make it work. We're not going to add Markieff and owe him 4 years guaranteed.

Another time waster to even discuss. Hopefully this post is enough to get everybody off this subject and move on to something that could possibly happen.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think the idea there is that Jones' caphold can be waived after the season to free up cap space, but if we traded for Markieff, he'd still be guaranteed and for more dollars.

Anyway, doesn't sound like it can happen, which is good because I don't want that guy around.

15. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I wonder if Kieff will start buyout negotiations. I mean, if he wants out of there that badly, he should consider it.

If he is bought out, I'd expect him to sign here, honestly. We would probably trade T-Jones or D-Mo to Philly for a pick if that happened.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Would be kind of awkward with Kieff and Jones working out together only to have Kieff come steal his backup job.

Also, given the legal trouble and the immaturity issues, I very much doubt the Rockets bring him in even if he would be a slight upgrade at backup PF. What are the chances he's happy with that role anyway?

17. micah1j

micah1j Member

An extended player trade value is like 1/2 the current salary and 1/2 the new salary right? Is there a period after signing an extension where the player can not be traded?

18. micah1j

micah1j Member

After further reading of the CBA faq it doesn't appear this is correct and Jones after the extension would still be his current salary for trade purposes.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think there's a lot of posturing and waiting going on right now. I see articles about Phoenix saying they won't trade Markieff (yeah, riiiiiight).

When is their next court date? The last I saw was a month ago when their court date was pushed back or delayed or something-or-another.

Maybe when all that settles then we'll see some sort of movement on the Morris twins.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!