1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris likes Houston as a possible new destination.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're almost right. Smith is better than Jones at this point....basically Smith is what we all were hoping Jones could become and it just hasn't happened yet because he can't play anywhere near the defense Smith can, and he can't even shoot the 3 as well as Smith can. There's a reason we had to bench Jones for Smith in order to get past the Clippers last season.

I know you won't want to hear it, but Morris MIGHT be a slight upgrade over Jones, but even then, I can't imagine wanting to make a trade giving things of value up for a slight upgrade at backup PF.

To be honest, I can't believe we're still talking about Morris.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Morris's defense upgrades the PF spot. However, the Rockets don't have any dead weight contracts. Partly for that reason, if he's available in Dec, he needs to be packaged with an unprotected first pick.

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Nope. It's called opinions, but I think I'm right. And I share basically the whole board's opinion that you have a bias for whatever reason with all things related to TJ. You have to remember that 2 whole years before you joined this board, us Rockets fans here were watching Marcus play for us, and watching Markief play for the Suns. We would weigh the two different paths side by side as they played out. Markief got lots of burn right away because he was on a trash team. He is entering his 5th year, where his 4 previous years he got lots of burn. Jones is entering his 4th year, wherein his career his 1st was mainly d-league development much like Marcus Morris did in the Rio Valley. And last year was mostly erased by injury. This is why Markief has twice the games played than TJ even though he was only drafted a year earlier. Smith was abused by Griffin. TJ was a big part of the Clips game 6 run, not a knock against it. And he was playing out of rhythm and out of condition coming back from the punctured lung. So the jury is not out one way or the other until this season starts progressing, which was the very similar situation D-Mo had last year. Sure am glad we didn't throw in the towel on D-Mo before last year. Because that would have been dumb.

#143 cdrive, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Jones advanced stats are better than Markieff's across the board.

But sure Markieff MIGHT be better.

And Lin MIGHT win the MVP next year.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jones advanced stats are also better then Dmo's across the board, but apparently that means nothing because Jones is scrub and Dmo is future all star.

Thing is, I see no way that we bring Dmo and Jones back, we'll either have to

A- trade for a cheaper replacement (Morris)
    B- sign a vet min player (like Boozer)
    C- pray that some rookie steps up big time (Harrell, Dekker)

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay Tinman, calm your t***, no one cares when you happened to join a blog.

I get that you are the biggest and blindest Jones fan on this (and close to any) board, so there's really no point in going into it with you.

Let's just let this play out and I hope you stick around after your guy leaves town.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Some of us were lurking for years before joining .... I've been following & watching the Rockets since the team moved here from San Diego (1971).

I'm probably one of the few Rockets fans to have attended a game at every venue the team has called a home arena since moving to Houston. (Astrodome, AstroHall, Sam Houston Coliseum , Hofheinz Pavilion , The Summit / Compaq Center & Toyota Center).

Join date here means pretty much nothing unless the individual in question is a LOF.

8. cdrive

I take that as a huge compliment if you compare me to Tinman. My point is, Rockets fans pre-2013, more than any other fandom, paid close attention to the Morris twins.

As for Jones, it's super simple: The day he isn't a Rocket is the day I stop rooting for him. The same thing that happened to Carl Landry, Scola, 2Pat. I'm just a Rockets fan bruh. It really is that simple. I was supporting & defending D-Mo the same way the last 2 years, and Capela last season.

If I was a blind TJ fan, why would I in this thread say that I think D-Mo is better than TJ? See that went right over your head didn't it? But once again you took a post that was saying our 2 PFs are a better situation than Markief, and you skew it into a big TJ bashing campaign like a broken record. Point blank bruh, were you watching the Rockets closely as a Rockets fan in 2011 when the Morris twins came into the league? Be honest now....

9. cdrive

Plus Markief Morris looks like a sad shar pei:

[​IMG]

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, that's sad, I would have thought that pretty much everyone would realize that guy was a joke by now. It seems you are the exception there as well as when it comes to your views about Jones.

Anyway, I've been a Rockets fan since the late 80's and I payed close attention to the Morrii....for the most part they are not starter quality players on a good team.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

As far as PFs in the NBA rank:

1) Blake Griffin

2) Kevin Love

3) LeMarcus Aldridge

Morris is not anywhere close to that list nor does he know the Rockets system like Dmo and Jones... Stick with Dmo and Jones. Let's take a pass on this Morris.

12. cdrive

hahahaha Tinman rocks. I don't think he is a joke. I think he is stuck in 1993-1995 and I think that is awesome. More awesome than most...

Well Bobby dear, it is with bitter sweet sadness I say that I think we should ignore each other. I don't take my self too seriously, especially not enough to keep up with that 8,000 posts a year pace you've steadily kept. I say you win, whatever your opinion is I now agree with. TJ sucks, Tinman is to be mocked apparently, and whatever else you got. Best of luck to you, Rockets fan since the 80s.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He has a crazy obsession with players he supposedly hates though... Or should I say a completely unhealthy state of mind in that regard.

14. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

76% from FT line last year yes trade for him we need that lol

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm shocked anyone would consider murkier. Stay away. He's obviously nothing but trouble.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Reasonable take, that has no place around these parts.

17. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I'll trade Jones for him.

18. Kash

Kash Member

I actually like him and think he'd be a good fit. That being said, the salary is a huge obstacle. If that wasn't in the equation, I'd take him over TJones.

19. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

At least we wouldn't lose him for nothing next summer.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]