1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What's up with this female yell leader? I don't care. Nobody cares. College people are dumb.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

I think they're gonna tear it down.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That's what I'm hearing as well. They are considering using Reliant Stadium for home games while the new stadium is being built. However, there is still a LONG way to go before they make any decisions on that. However, the reason behind the new stadium is a little sinister. Being in the industry that I am, I have long heard rumors that looking at the structural plans of some of these older college football stadiums would make your hair stand on end. However, Kyle Field is supposedly the worst of them all.

Apparently, it's so bad that the additional crowd that will be traveling to games at Kyle (due to the move to the SEC) would IMMEDIATELY turn Kyle Field into an IMMEDIATE RISK OF FAILURE. So while Loftin, and whoever else might try to spin this as being a good thing, it actually comes from a darker place. But, getting a new stadium would be neato.

Also, please take all this with a grain of salt.....I am only relaying what I hear from other fellow Aggies in my line of work.

1 person likes this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

RIP World's Largest Tacklebox

1 person likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh God, I can already hear the Aggie fanbase b****ing & moaning about tradition and how important it is to keep Kyle Field. Tear it down. Let's get some SEC Football in Houston, TX for awhile. Now that's something.

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

They must be really up against it if they're actually thinking about tearing it down and doing an entire year at Reliant.

The demand from the SEC contingent and the structural problems with the stadium may be forcing their hand.

I would love to check out an Aggie game at Reliant. I might be able to hit Kevin Sumlin with my beer.

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

LOL :grin:

Well, as an Aggie, I hope he works out for us. And as Fyreball stated, I too have heard the rumors of Kyle Field being way sub par in safety standards. I have not heard the part about it being in more danger with the anticipated SEC crowd additions. And I think the last type there was expansion to the stadium was in 1999 when The Zone was added.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Hey Aggies, I think the Astrodome is for sale! Just jack it up and tow it to Aggieland.

The Aggiedome!

Please, we really need to get rid of that thing.

1 person likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

A&M will open the 2013 season hosting Rice.

----------------------------------------

Also, a little late on this but [AD] Bill Byrne will be out as AD when his contract expires(although will be transitioned out).

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27300&ATCLID=205419616

“I’m hearing from a few of you who were surprised to learn last Friday I was at a point of transition from my role as Athletic Director at Texas A&M. President Loftin announced it after a workshop on conference realignment last Friday in The Zone Club. As I enter the last period of my contract, President Loftin and I continue to work together to continue the tradition of excellence of Aggie Athletics.

“I’ve been looking forward to my life after athletics. I will be right there with all of you rooting for our teams and watching Texas A&M strive for championships. This is a wonderful time at Texas A&M and I look forward to announcing, with President Loftin’s support, my next steps.”

http://blog.chron.com/aggies/2012/04/loftin-in-conversations-with-byrne-about-future/

----------------------------------------

Finally, M&W Spring Game this Saturday.

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Lol. Not surprised that Rice was willing, once again, to play the role of village w**** in a&m's quest for a local one and done.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Somebody on the Rice board posted that we already have scoreboard on A&M in basketball and baseball, why not make it a clean sweep?

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Rice can't compete with A&M.

14. bigtexxx

didn't Arkansas State knock off the Aggies a few years ago?

The last two times Rice went to College Station, the Aggies won by 7 each time.

We already have scoreboard in basketball and baseball, I don't see why we couldn't whip those losers in football, too.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Rice cannot compete with A&M in football.

16. bigtexxx

We certainly won't be scared of those losers. They'll be lucky to win 2 SEC games next year.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

All I hear is....

[​IMG]

18. Fyreball

Somebody on the Rice board sounds like a freaking moron.

19. Fyreball

And how many games are you suggesting Rice would win??

20. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Considering how Arkansas was considered one of the better SEC teams and the Aggies practically gift wrapped that victory I don't see how they will only win two games.