1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

So you guys couldn't provide it, so you have to import it?;)

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

zzzzzzzzz

3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I still don't understand how you don't feel like you are embarrassing yourself when you bash the competition of the big 12 after your school was so overwhelming mediocre against it.

Anyway to everyone else: What is the reasonable goal in the SEC next year? I think they will better than most people think. The SEC is extremely top heavy but the bulk of the teams aren't much better than the Big 10, Pac 10 and big 12.

Of course, winning the division is what seems impossible.

I think making it to a bowl would be a great start. New coach along with a big turnover in personnel could make for a rough season.

W Thu, Aug 30 Louisiana Tech
    W Sat, Sep 08 Florida *
    W/L Sat, Sep 15 SMU
    L Sat, Sep 22 South Carolina State
    L Sat, Sep 29 Arkansas
    W Sat, Oct 06 Ole Miss
    L Sat, Oct 20 LSU
    W/L Sat, Oct 27 Auburn
    W/L Sat, Nov 03 Mississippi State
    L Sat, Nov 10 Alabama * Tuscaloosa, AL TBA
    W Sat, Nov 17 Sam Houston State College Station TBA
    L Sat, Nov 24 Missouri *

I think that seems about right. Thoughts?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

7-5 not bad. I'd probably say 6-6 or 5-7. 4-8 not out of the question either. :eek:

I would have a problem losing to South Carolina State as you predicted. :p

LA Tech - W
    Florida - tossup
    SMU - W
    SC State - W
    Arkansas - L
    Ole Miss - W
    LSU - L
    Auburn - tossup
    Mississippi State - W
    Alabama - L
    Sam Houston State - W
    Missouri - Tossup

I'd say 6-6.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That's South Carolina STATE, which I'm not even sure is D-1. I'm sure you're thinking of the South Carolina Gamecocks when you posted that, who we will not be playing.

6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

If that happened, I would be ecstatic, but yes, I don't think South Carolina State is going to be an L.

That said, I also am expecting a 6-6 record (which does not get us a bowl because we are playing 2 D-2 schools). I could honestly see anything from a 4 to 8 win season possible with everything basically hinging on how Showers plays at QB. If he panics in the SEC, the other teams defenses might be scoring more than our offense. I am not happy that Showers was only allowed to throw 4 passes last year even though we had plenty of games where he could have gotten some good reps in.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Who cares how my team did? If they suck then they suck, if they're good then they're good, If I think they'll be good then I'll think they'll be good, if I think they'll be bad then I'll think they'll be bad. Same as the Rockets. How I feel about the Big 12 has nothing to do with Texas A&M. They could go 0-100 in the Big 12 for the next 8 years and I wouldn't base my assessment of the conferences competitive strength by it.

8. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Any brave Aggie fans making the trip to Tuscaloosa this year? More than welcome to tailgate at my area if I'm there.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I guess those were fake national championship games Nebraska, OU and Texas were playing in?

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah...big 12 football sucks, ziggy.

peepee games.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. RocketManJosh

Officially out of the Big-Whatever and in the SEC ... Can't freakin wait for Sept 8

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Only aggies look forward to getting gang raped.

14. RocketManJosh

You mad? Haha

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Good luck Aggies. Can't hate as my nephew is going to be a freshman this year and I want him to have fun.

16. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I have already purchased my tickets for the game against Florida.

BTW...this page includes a rendering done by the architecture firm Populous for the new Kyle Field.

17. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Poor aggy

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z0IdWTJYrHQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z0IdWTJYrHQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

18. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

It amazes me how much the SEC has already improved recruiting for A&M. #3 Recruiting class in the nation right now according to Rivals.com. And a top 10 recruiting class last year. In a few years A&M will be competing for SEC championships. Mark my word.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^It's really early. They were really high last season at some point and kinda fizzled down.

20. RocketManJosh

There is no doubt about that ... We are recruiting better than ever, but contrary to some peoples belief, we have recruited pretty well the last 10 years despite sucking. I think this recruiting class will finish up between 7 and 12 come February.

It is all on getting a coach that can put it together after this ... We'll see how Summy does, but eventually we'll get a coach that can do the job and the success in the SEC will keep it rolling