1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Jokers game is another good one.

2. mikus

mikus Member

I'm going to take a break for a couple weeks to let some of these new shows build up some episodes, but then I'll be looking for suggestions on what is good this season.

3. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Steampunk Feudal Japan in a "Walking Dead" setting. On steroids.
    Good is an understatement IMO. The first episode was pretty badass. :grin:

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Insane production values. Hope it turns out good.

Are they zombies or ghouls? I must know the difference!

Not sure how that BDSM device cured him.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yup really damn good first episode, but can somebody explain to me

how the hell did he keep the infection from spreading???

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought he was going to go walking dead and just cut his arm off, but I think it had something to do with that green Jewel in his hand... that AND HIS OVERWHELMING SPIRIT AND DETERMINATION!!!

But seriously, I think it's the jewel.

7. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress was pretty good ( got vibes from Attack of the titan i think because its the same studio that made AOT)

Bungou Stray dogs was pretty funny imo, also watching Macros Delta, terraformers, and Jokers game and Ace Attorney so far they're pretty decent.

8. joesr

joesr Member

Im on the Iron Fortress bandwagon but the Hero Academy I am still skeptical about.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LMAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/isM-r6B1wz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dOj6hBm_r1I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. VanityHalfBlack

Where can I get the uncensored version of the Ghost in the shell manga??? I love threesomes!!!! Nudity!!! Robot sexy time!!

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress more than Attack on Titan after just 3 episodes. I don't think it will get as popular as Attack on Titan since it is so similar and anime fans love to hate. That's a shame.

Only 12 episodes.. damn.

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

lmao was just about to post this. Finally give us an MC that isn't a complete b****. Loved that line when he opened the train tracks breh

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Binge watched the last 20 episodes of Super over a few days. It's entertaining if you're expecting more Dragon Ballz. If you stream it, watching it with a 3 second fast forward is recommended for people with ADHD.

They brought out the last episodes of God Eater in March. Big meh with meh setup for a 2nd season. Would still watch it after investing in it.

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I've enjoyed the Tournament arc of Dragon Ball Super. Especially the last few episodes. Goku finally bringing back some of his original techniques from the beginning of Z.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like the explanation why we haven't seen some of these techniques too.
    The last few episodes feel very DBZ-esque.

I wish they would highlights the other z fighters. Too much Vegeta and Goku.

16. amaru

amaru Member

I like the new lore in DB super. Wish the non-Saiyan characters could be relevant again.

17. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Update on my journey through anime:

Finished Season 2 of Psycho-Pass. Major step down from S1 but still enjoyed it. Impatiently waiting for an English dub of the movie.

Binged Erased in a few days. Loved it.

Tried to watch One Punch Man again. I've watched 5 episodes and I'm still not that into it. It has moments, but not enough to keep me interested.

My next series will either be Steins;Gate, Death Note, or Parasyte.

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

wait...super actually got not ****ty? Toriama took a dump on the Dragonball franchise with that, it was basically a reboot of battle of the gods with Goku and friendship power.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I stopped watching when I saw they were rebooting the two movies. I picked it back up in episode 28 when they stopped. It's better. They need to get the other characters on board. Too focused on Vegeta and Goku.

Toriama can do anything he wants! why not power up some of these other characters who have been relegated to spectators/b****es.

20. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Maybe Tien and Yamaha or Krillin and Chiaotzu can learn fusion dance to try to get a power up, haha.

Gohan is training so maybe he can be relevant again.

Goku and Vegeta are just so far beyond everyone else its hard to legitimately give these guys credible power ups to contend at this point

Piccolo will always be my boy tho