1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wasn't sure if I was going to stick with My Hero Academia after the first few episodes. I'm all in after episodes 4 and 5. Enjoying what is going on so far. Midoriya is getting cooler by the episode.

2. mikus

mikus Member

So it's been a few weeks now...any standouts this season so far? Anything even in the ballpark of One Punch Man, Erased, or Food Wars?

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

My Hero Academy(Boku no Hero Academia) is probably one of the most popular ones for this spring, but one that I've really been enjoying is Life in a Different World from Zero(RE:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)...it has a pretty cool concept for its show. And I enjoy all the characters so far. And the end of episode three had some of the coolest animation I've seen in a while. Def check it out.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress is probably the hype anime of this season. Can't go wrong with "Attack on Titan with crazy fast zombies." Re:Zero was getting there but the last 2 episodes may have killed it's momentum. Boku no Hero Academia is as enjoyable as its great manga, but I don't think it makes that OPM/Erased level for most.

5. mikus

mikus Member

Well since the same three shows keep getting mentioned, I'll have to try them out and post back here when I've watched them.

6. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Kabaneri of the iron fortress
    My Hero Academy
    Re: Zero

Definitely the top 3 of the season in that order.

Honorable mentions:
    And you thought there is never a girl online?
    Jokers game

7. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Just got around to finishing up the final season of bakuman and it's amazing!

So sad thought we don't get to see their wedding happen. The ova was just a otters11 episode :(:(

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're right it did actually get somewhat interesting.

That moment with the Super Kaio Ken was the first time something came close to giving us the feeling of what dragonball is supposed to be.

My question is...why couldn't Toriyama do it throughout? What is with his obsession of turning this show into "fun time" for 4 year olds? There is no gore, bloodshed , or violence...especially in an anime age where they don't hold back at all.

They gave us Freiza who would mercilessly kill people at every turn, showed us how he ended up getting cut into a million pieces and burnt by trunks, and cell who liquified people and sucked them out in a grotesque manner.

Now the only villain is a stupid cat that is helping Goku get stronger.

16 got his head crushed so Gohan could defeat cell...nothing Toryama has made since (probably the cell series) bares any resemblance to what Dragonball is.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lIH9uas-uPk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yeaah. <3
    Watched a crapload of anime these months, will give some other recommendations later today.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Breeeh, Beerus is my favourite character atm, know a lot people feel the same.
    DB Super has been really good imo, the humor is top-notch and they introduced great characters.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Thing with Dragonball now is death has no consequences. Yes a villain could go on a killing rampage but who cares?! Everyone will get wished back by the dragon balls, namekian balls, or now Super balls.

Tournaments were one of my favorite things from the dragon ball series so I'm hyped that it looks like they are going right into another one

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm on that boat. I grew up with Dragon Ballz and while I didn't like the original Z-less version, the original was more light hearted and funny.

I think this is pretty good balance for nostalgia. There's more choices of gory anime these days.

13. thejav

thejav Member

fixed

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Consider me one of the minority that don't think OPM is that great. It's pretty cool, but I don't get the hype around it. A lot of people are acting like it's the best anime ever, but I don't see it.

Agreed. Watched the first episode on a whim (based off the synopsis), and I found it really slow after the first few eps. But as soon as they got into the training / grouping storyline where they had to get points, the series got good.

15. Muaz

Muaz Member

Anyone got some funny/lighthearted comedic suggestions I've done konosuba, food wars, and nisekoi recently all were pretty solid watching the irregular at magic high school some friends recommended to me even though it's a few years old liking it so far. Also can't find a subtitles version of the food wars ova that just came out sighhhh.anything that's older is fine I never was the picking up stuff for new season type

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

I would recommend this to everyone - even people who hate anime.

Erased was just really well done. I tried to stop watching, but I found myself binging the entire 12-episode run in a single day.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I liked that it was a parody of the mindless power up genre that I also love watching.

I don't think the joke can last much longer though. The manga is starting to drag on its feet

18. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Seconded. My favorite anime in a while.

19. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Is kissanime down for anyone else? :(

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol, he's not as bad as I thought he would be...but cell and freiza set the bar high.

Its all about friendship power :eek:

Yea call me out for it, I like the funi dub...but even I have to admit that the Japanese version of that is done 100% right.

New jojo out too btw