1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BS Report] 03/09/15 - Kevin Love to Houston, Harden MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vstexas09, Mar 9, 2015.

1. knucklehead3321

Burt steele already confirmed we are going "all in on boogie" I'm sure that costs at least dwight.

Howard for love? Really...really?.??.

On a serious note IF....we are gonna chase a big name FA I'd rather dangle howard for marc gasol, but thats probably it this summer.

Also harden is MVP but I am VERY biased to rockets players.

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I drank the Kevin Love kool aid at one time. For me, the more I see of him the less I think he represents what the Rockets want and need.

He also seems to be a bit of a pouter ala Asik.

3. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

exactly. I think that's actually important to team chemistry and success. It's also Houston style imo.

Gasol does know how to chucke pretty good, but can he just waltz out ? Cause I don't think management wants to lose him.

4. knucklehead3321

Klove would just not fit in here... its up to gasol where he wants to play, I highly doubt he leaves memphis but, if griz are gonna lose him, dwight migjt be a nice consulation for them instead of losing him straight up. Lots of teams have cap space to sign him right out right, me personally I'd rather get something back for him than lose him for nothing. I reiterate I HIGHLY doubt it's gonna happen just saying if we chase someone it'd be him. Heck even LMA... not klove I think klove would be just a better rebounding dmo(who IMO has not hit his ceiling yet) klove has peaked.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Love wouldnt fit? A consistent 3 point shooter would be nice. Some rebounding out of the 4 spot would be nice. I still think he'd fit great. Isnt he a FA, why give up Dwight? If McHale and Love are so tight then hook up the discount and lets go!

6. knucklehead3321

I might be wrong but I think love has a player option, love is a good rebounder but his D is iffy. No offense, I just dont see him being that much of an upgrade than what we have and he'll cost alot more. I just want us to keep our guys this summer minus a few (dorsey, prigs, terry)and add a few pieces, and next summer the super cap should kick in and get us a big name then. Unless something falls in our lap. Reevaluate what we need next year we always have the trade deadline dwight may never be the same player, tjones could blow up... I like our team I think our biggest weakspot is the PG I'd hope we adress that and backup C before the PF spot. Love to me is a good fantasy league guy, the PF's in the west would eat him up IMO.

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

This is exactly the thing. We have a pretty good frontcourt rotation now if only Dwight and Jones could stay healthy.

Without Dwight, scoring from the frontcourt isn't our problem. It is defense and rebounding. Although Love is a decent rebounder, he is an even worse defender than any of the bigs we have now.

Also, it is funny how much one bad or mediocre season can hurt a players reputation. It happened to Dwight in LA. And it is happening to Kevin Love this season. If the same report about the Rockets maybe having a chance at Love surfaced during last off season, this board would be going crazy and posting "it's happening" gifs everywhere. Now, it is met with a very mild response and maybe even, legitimately, a "we are better off without him" response.

8. knucklehead3321

So true about one season hurting a reputation, last summer I would have been happy if we got love (I wouldn't have been dissapointed if we didn't) now I'm not even interested . I never really drank the love kool aid, I have always viewed him as a stats guy. He was great on some terrible teams, and just above aaverage at best on a good team. It wouldn't have just been the BBS though, I believe every sports writer would have picked us as the favorite to win it all if we got him.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Kevin Love's going to look around. He really liked Kevin McHale in Minnesota &amp; Houston has the ability to create a max slot&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA">@WojYahooNBA</a></p>&mdash; Jason McIntyre Show (@JMcIntyreShow) <a href="https://twitter.com/JMcIntyreShow/status/602532573651279872">May 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin Love is Going to Look Around, Keep an Eye on Houston <a href="http://t.co/XDg0Z0PPCI">http://t.co/XDg0Z0PPCI</a></p>&mdash; The Big Lead (@thebiglead) <a href="https://twitter.com/thebiglead/status/603629513264660480">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How much should we be excited about July and Kevin Love possibly bolting Cleveland?

Woj: He's got options. He can stay another year, go into FA next year, sign a short deal and go back into FA in '16 or sign the 4-year deal somewhere else. I think he'll look around. He'll look closely at Boston, LA, I'm sure the Texas teams will try to get involved. Remember Kevin McHale. He really liked Kevin McHale in Minnesota. Would he fit in Houston? It seems every summer Houston has the ability to create a max slot and they do again. Houston has the ability to create a max slot. He could also stay where he is. No question he'll look long and hard at his options. He took the trade to Cleveland without talking about his role or how he would be used. He'd really like to have a sense, whether he stays or goes, how will I fit in and how will you use me? Boston would be interesting. Stevens and Ainge would be an interesting recruiting duo to sell him and how they'd use him. Boston is a real possibility.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

EEEEEH? WHATCHOO TALKIN BOUT, WILLIS?

11. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

how do we have the room to create a max slot? I mean I guess we could trade Dwight but I really don't see them doing that

12. eman

eman Contributing Member

Would love to get him. Oh yes, I said that.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Josh, TJones and Dmo for LMA... period! Develop Eastwood and we have a 3 headed rotation at Center. We go with Ariza at stretch 4. Keep Brewer and find another wing. Draft the PG from Notre Dame, say goodbye to Prigs and Terry..

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

McFail gonna be McRecruiter?

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah exactly how would that happen? Cap gurus pls help.

16. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I don't see him passing up playing with LeBron for the next 5 years, but it's not impossible to imagine him in Houston next year.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

gonna have to be a sign and trade deal and it will involve Ariza in some fashion

18. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Love is much better than Lamarcus Aldridge and he is a couple years younger too. Would also make us the best rebounding team.

19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

McHaul:

• Dwight
    • LMA
    • Love
    • Durant

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah we are getting Kevin Love regardless I see.