1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao I

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by sugrlndkid, Jan 31, 2015.

1. VanityHalfBlack

That's a great analysis. I want to believe everything you wrote but something tells me this fight won't live up to the hype. I want to be proven wrong!

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You really want to compare Roethlisberger and Mayweather?
    Go back and read the article before you do so.
    Also keep in mind one was never charged with a crime while the other was and served time.

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

so let me get this straight, the media who covers the NFL 24/7, wants to boycott a Mayweather fight for domestic violence? hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

4. dragician

dragician Member

this is the superbowl of boxing.

5. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Boxing is a real sport.

6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Just curious: does anyone have a suggestion for a good place/bar to watch the fight Saturday night?

7. VanityHalfBlack

That's debatable. ;)

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

5 years ago this might have been a decent fight, meaning the result wasn't certain. At this point the outcome is certain, Mayweather will win easily.

I don't understand why people are so excited over the fight when Manny has lost all his power. The fight is pointless.

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

why are people excited? i dont know, maybe because they are still the two best fighters in the world, that just happen to be in the same weight class? how often do you think that happens? they are still the #1 and #2 guys in their division. if they were not, you would have a point.

yes, they are not at their peak prime. they are not shot fighters either. with both slowing down, it could make for a more entertaining fight than 5 years ago. and manny was never a one punch KO guy, other than Hatton. he wears people out with a ridiculous amount of punches. if manny can pull the trigger against floyd, i can see him outworking Floyd to a decision. i don't see an easy win for floyd. hes never been in there with a guy like manny and if he does win, hes going to have to work his ass off for it.

youre just looking for something to complain if you cant enjoy this fight. seriously, can you name me a bigger fight? pointless? LOL

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So...what's the most reliable place for streaming links to this fight? Is there a dedicated reddit sub for boxing links?

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is kind of how i feel. I think manny has lost that magic he had during his run a few years ago and mayweather is still able to do his thing. I sure would like to see manny win though

12. Asian Sensation

If there was ever a PPV worth buying in the history of sports PPV this is it.

13. Asian Sensation

Yea getting caught by JMM definitely took out a lot of steam but he's been doing his thing before and after that fight. I think this fight will live up to the hype.

They say good offense beats good defense all the time... I think Manny will bring out the best in Floyd. Can't wait!

14. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Ever since Manny found god he lost that killer edge, I was hoping for this one night he'd leave god out of it and wanna actually hurt Mayweather but all he talking about is god. I hope he wins and I'll still be watching but I don't think he really gonna try to hurt and knock Mayweather out.

15. VanityHalfBlack

I blame Jerry Lin.

[​IMG]

16. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/obqFLiXcC5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#156 got em COACH, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  17. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Yeah not so sure about that.
    Especially the manner in which Floyd is requesting/begging people to order it to watch it.

I will definitely be watching via online stream. Duck paying for this fight.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I can't name a bigger fight with respect to $ but them fighting 5 years ago would have been a much better challenge to mayweather.

300+ million for two guys past their prime in a bout where the result is a sure thing. Everyone who is honest with themselves realizes this won't be the Hatton Pacman vs the Maidana version of Floyd. You are a hype man and can't even say it will be a challenge. Floyd is a marketing genius to squeeze the money he is out of this fight.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

the only think mannys lost is his recklessness.

Mayweather imo has regressed more over the years than Pacquiao which is surprising given the KTFO loss.

regardless, ordered the PPV in Australia. only $59.95 and having a party, ez