1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao I

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by sugrlndkid, Jan 31, 2015.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The money will make it the biggest fight in boxing history but it won't come close to be a "historical" fight because it's 5-6 years too late. Both fighters past their primes.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This, there were so many better fights. Don't even believe anyone will really talk about this fight in 20+ years, as it's basically before Floyd's retirement and after Pac has already lost to mediocre opponents. Both guys are way beyond their prime and haven't looked great recently. 5 years ago this would've been a historical fight, but now they both ran out of other opponents and excuses,this fight had to happen and isn't even really neccessary anymore.

3. yo

yo Contributing Member

Floyd is still 47-0 and fighting at a very high level. He still can't be touched by very very good fighters. All boxing fans know Manny won the fight vs. Bradley, and was close to finishing off Marquez before one misstep. Everyone who is caught up in his losses probably don't actually watch the fights. Both are still very much in top shape and while it will be tough to live up to $400 million, I expect a great fight.

1 person likes this.
  4. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VGJh_l4ufow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Victorious

Victorious Member

This is so good. HBO always hits it out the park with their documentaries. This made me so hyped for the fight!!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hF76dlQt23c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

HBO >>>>>>>> Showtime aka Floyd Mayweather Dollars & Hoes

7. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Nice, it starts with that Romeo Must Die music, hahah

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Can't believe this fight is a week from Saturday. Feels odd considering the wait leading up to the fight announcement was so long.

9. VanityHalfBlack

The most expensive fight ever will turn this bout into a too little too late scenario. Both fighters getting paid $100 million dollars, you think they want to go out there and knock each other out? I'm telling you it's Jones Jr vs Hopkins II, even Wale said it best:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-8wY95cimdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

LOL @ SAS for saying Canelo was Mayweather's Foreman. If Mayweather wants the creds for that kind of fight he needs to battle Golovkin. Golovkin's a small MW. He's actually the same everyday weight as Canelo.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

apparently contract still isn't signed. what a joke but almost predictable. this is why boxing is in the ****ter.

12. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TMi-lTnUmBg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Victorious

Victorious Member

Im so confused lol. That was better than the first one

14. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QWhnC0-aLb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LOL funny

16. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TGpdlYIl51M?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. VanityHalfBlack

This fight is either going two ways. A quick one where it doesn't go past 5 rds or...... A very lopsided fight by decision. I'd be very surprised if this lives up to the hype at all. I'm having my doubts.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Superb read on Mayweather and his troubles/love of beating women.

http://deadspin.com/the-trouble-with-floyd-mayweather-1605217498

19. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

This fight is absolutely going the distance,

1) Both have good chins
    2) Mayweather rarely gets hit flush twice in a row
    3) Pacquiao even in his "KO" streak was more of an accumulator, esp at WW

I don't think either can sustain enough damage to stop each other.

This fight will come down to whether or not Mayweather engages and tags Pacquiao enough to stop the pressure. Pac has been in wars over the years, and if Mayweather isn't able to buzz/get Pacs attention wrt his power then he'll just keep swarming and racking up points.

Floyd is going to have to "win" this fight. If Maidana could give him troubles then Pacs far superior footwork, handspeed will put him in a good position.