1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: Terrence Jones could be asking for $15M per year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigred77, Aug 4, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

JHOOK 4/45 and I must be the only one who is actually happy about it!:)
    Backup center for 20 minutes. That's the price now.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

aside of everything else you just posted, so your conclusion is basically 3 things that every single team in the league wants their pf to do. ok that says a lot

3. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

i know its justpre season game, but good luck on that

5. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Omg poor terrence jones luck all changed after stepping on the homeless.
    Ugh omg he reminds me of jeremy lin situtation when everyone wants him gone asap.
    I know its preseason but he got mandhandled yet again LA like he did when we played portland. He hasnt change at all.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Got eem.

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We just need to keep TJ away from Aldridge and we'll be aight.

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

Poetic justice. Jones is an off-court bully who gets bullied on court.
    I'd like you to add me some reputation, because I want the green bar under my name to say Donatas Motiejunas. Having Terrence Jones associated with my nickname is not the tag I want, but probably the tag I deserve :(

1 person likes this.
  9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

This only means that Terrance Jones is going to have a career year.. right? Otherwise I have to say GOOD LUCK to him and his aspirations for that kind of salary. If he shows that he's going to play consistently night in and night out then he can be in the conversation of that sort of salary, otherwise we can leave this conversation agreeing he has potential to be a good player but he hasn't shown he can be consistent in his efforts.

10. elainas

elainas Member

What current value of TJ?

11. OpenLayup-Why3?

Higher than the one of your English.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

so contract year and he still sucks? what a shocker!
    maybe someone can tell him some dumb ass team will offer him 15m per if he has a career year.
    but that would hinder dmo's growth and chance to be one half of an elite twin tower lineup

if he keeps the threes up, and puts up better numbers, we can fool another team into tradign their best 3d player for him. someone who's capable of making wide open threes, we can use those guys

hmm lets see..raptors got carroll who's having a slow start
    gsw is too good so they can trade barnes for jones
    spurs can use more bigs and green is having a slow start

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Would be shocked to see him get much, he is Jordan Hill level at best.

DD

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Best comps : Marvin Williams, Ersan Ilyasova, Marcus Morris, Aminu, Dante Cunningham, Jonas Jerebko, etc.

All useful NBA bench players. These are the names NBA GM's will use as comps. Jones' agent will try to compare to Valanciunas, Demarre Carroll, Tobias Harris, etc.

Which is why I think he probably sits on the market for awhile. If the Rockets can't get a good pick or better upside young talent for Jones I still don't think it's the worst idea to take him into the Summer to see if you can get a bargain deal to bring him back as bench depth.

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

Why would you want to bring Jones back for next season? Aside from 2 or 3 games stretch this year, he had the worst +/- in every game. Team plays extra crappy with him on the floor.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have never liked Jones. Never understood why we kept him for so long. Wish we had traded him long before.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Do you people recall how much you guys were anticipating his comeback when he wasv hurt and dmo wasn't able to get rebounds?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not everyone.....

19. Raven

Raven Member

When your roster is circling the drain, the last thing you want to do is overpay. I think most of us agree that Jones should be traded as soon as D-Mo is comfortably back in the lineup.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Jones is one of those guys who can go for 20, and u would typically like those kind of player if they could play a role in the games they aren't getting 20. But jones can't guard anyone or rebound, or steal, or block shots, so he doesn't have a role on this team when he's not going off. He's an ok player, but not championship role player. Perhaps would be a decent option off the bench because you can at least feed him. Something the Rockets could use from the bench.