1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: Terrence Jones could be asking for $15M per year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigred77, Aug 4, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Edit: Bad Broussard sauces.

#701 J.R., Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

yeah, tjones is getting north of 15 mil this summer from some team...

3. malakas

malakas Member

that means a) one less young pf fa next summer. b) sets a price.

if barnes and leonard and henson also get extensions within the next days we're screwed. For both Jones and DMO.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

T jones came out ballin last season. His ceiling isn't as high d mo's but he's damn near underrated at this point.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is getting max from someone. Might as well trade him now. Maybe even Dmo is getting max. I think everyone in NBA who doesn't suck is getting absurd money.

6. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Damn thats overpaid

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

All of the out of control spending is setting the stage for owners to demand a second amnesty provision.

8. Raven

Raven Member

I expect him or D-Mo to be traded. Rockets can't afford to max both of them. Hell, I can see scenarios where both are shipped out. I don't care that the cap is being raised, overpaying eventually bites you in the ass.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't care what he gets paid next season. I just want him to play great THIS season.

10. dmoneybangbang

This.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Sometimes I dunno why we go through these exercises. Morey is already three steps ahead of us. Relax. He's got this situation all figured out.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Just waiting for the Kevin Garnett contract of this generation.

The bubble has to burst fairly soon.

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

How? I can't see him being more than 7mil/per, even with the cap increase. He'd have to put up 20ppg to get close to 15 mil/yr

14. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

Could you have ever imagined Thompson getting the offers he's getting???he's definitely not worth it...him or portions

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't think he's underrated, I think most people have an understanding of who he is as a basketball player (I know he's still young)

And that is he's a PF you'd want playing for you for around 50-60 games a year (or if you played in the East) but not someone you want going up against the slaughterhouse of elite Western Conference bigs.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't think many people on this board have an understanding of his skills. A couple of years ago, I said Millsap was better than Jones. Most rep I've ever received on a single post and it was only because people wanted to tell me I was an idiot. There is one person that drastically under rates him, but there is a large contigent that over rates him.

I probably under rate him as he's good at things I consider extras, and he's bad or average at skills I want at position. I think a PF either needs to be able to play defense (in space and post) or space floor very well. Potential Jones, Harden, Lawson lineups look to be a disaster defensively that I am not sure their offense can cover.

1 person likes this.
  17. Raven

Raven Member

From ESPN database

Jones

153 total career games, counting playoffs.

D-Mo

177 total career games, counting one playoff game.

18. OpenLayup-Why3?

Probably Knicks, since they didn't make the playoffs for couple years, so they probably didn't watch the playoffs either, to offer 15+ for Jones :grin: :eek:

19. pippsux

pippsux Member

No

I wouldn't even offer him $10...

Soft rebounder
    Erratic play
    Power forward meat for opposing power forwards*

* Please note his daddy is now playing for the Spurs and guaranteed to abuse him for 4 games...as he did while playing for the blazers

He should go get overpaid somewhere else.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

1. If Jones is a soft rebounder, then what does that make D-Mo who is considerably worse?

2. You mean erratic play due to shaking off rust after missing basically the entire season due to freak injuries, yes?

3. He is meat for top flight PF's, which unfortunately the West is full of. When going against normal PF's with comparable talent, T-Jones can more than hold his own.

Here is something to think about; no one can stop superstars, you just hope to slow them down.