1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

"Can't create his own shot".

"Ariza is a better shooter".

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

^well Parsons is on a hot streak and Ariza still outplayed his ass in the head to head match-up

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

That whole form and leaning back jump is terrible

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There is a reason why parson was offered max and Ariza was offer mid level money.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Certainly not based off on court basketball production

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah the reason is Mavs were dumb and Rox were smart.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

LMAO you're paying 15M for that shot.

8. krouchchocolate

That's his only move though. Fake pump. He does it every time he gets the ball. Surprised people still fall for it

9. Farhan583

Farhan583 Member

Y'all are crazy. Parsons, coming off major knee surgery and not playing all preseason has a PER 3 points higher than a completely healthy Ariza.

You can complain about him leaving all you want, but there's no way you can still try to reasonably compare those two.

10. arjun

arjun Member

Overall: Parsons > Ariza

For us: Ariza > Parsons

Ariza is a perfect fit for us, on other teams Parsons would be the no-brainer.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Ariza has always sucked. He is super streaky. He isn't even that great on D.

There are too many homers on this board. When Parsons was on the team people were saying how he was going to be super star.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

All that matters is production and contributions on the court, healthy or not, and Ariza has surpassed Parsons in that the last 2 seasons.

13. Farhan583

Farhan583 Member

Wow, you really think Ariza is doing better than Parsons on the court?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=271973&page=12

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Actually look at what I'm posting. The sum total play of what Ariza has contributed to the Rockets the last season and a half far outweigh the sum total play that Parsons has contributed to the Mavs. Ariza has been our healthiest player and produced more quantitatively. He played 82 games last season and averaged nearly 37 minutes. It was a big reason the Rockets got the 2nd seed and went far in the playoffs. Comparatively Parsons didn't have the same effect for the Mavs in the same time period. His injuries have been a big factor but the bottom line is Ariza has done more for the Rockets than Parsons has done for the Mavs so far. Is that not the truth?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14871511/dallas-mavericks-scared-losing-chandler-parsons-offseason

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rox better not eve look in Parson's direction. If they were to sign this guy we all know his knee will deteriorate with a quickness. Such is the fate of players with injury histories signing with this team.

And also 'cause he is a Cuban-loving ass.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow, why don't you look at the facts?

Fact 1: Parsons makes twice what Ariza does

Just on salary alone, the comparison between Ariza and Parsons is already unfair because people like you put them on the same scale. Not true, Parsons' salary puts him on the level as superstars like James Harden, whereas Ariza's salary puts him at Beverly or Brewer range. This is the first stumbling block you guys should look at because for a Parsons you can have a max player instead whereas Ariza's salary is just for a good role player/starter.

Fact 2: Parsons is dealing with knee and back issues, Ariza is healthy as an Ox
    Parsons is signed to max deal and is figured to get max money in FA, but his knee and back issues haven't gone away. So he is expected to become slower and lose many game due to his injuries, yet he is being paid the max.

Fact 3: Parsons doesn't show up against elite competition
    Never mind elite guys like Lebron or Durant, Parsons has a habit of playing bad against good defenders like Batum, Ariza, Iggy, Kawhi etc. On AVERAGE, Parsons numbers look good but that is because a lot of teams don't have good defenders on the wings, when he has a good player locked down on him Parsons has shown to get beat up like when he went head to head against Ariza and Ariza posted like +36 or whatever.

I understand a lot of you guys like Parsons but when he was in Houston he was making less than 1M a year, that made him extremely valuable and he was literally the best contract value-wise in the entire league. If you pay him 15M instead, you will have to be more critical because he is only half a star player, he is a bad defender like Harden but unlike Harden he isn't an elite offensive machine, he's just above average. The only reason Mavs aren't suffering is because Dirk took a massive discount for the Mavs to afford his salary, so because Dirk is underpaid it offsets the overpayment they did for Parsons. If Parsons was paid the same as Ariza at 7M then I think you can make the argument maybe he's good to have on the team but since Parsons is being paid the max he should be judged as a max player.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'd pay Barnes the max if we can't get anyone better, there's no chance of getting Hayward as I doubt Utah lets him go. I think its between KD and Barnes, if KD signs with GSW it would be a great opportunity to get Barnes.

20. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

we developed a nice player and we let him walk.... this is not how you build a team