1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Kiper 4.0 Mock ESPN Blunder Texans = JD+TB

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mirri3000, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Who would take him in the first? I'd be pissed we took him anywhere prior to the 4th.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tom Savage overtaking Blake Bortles for "fastest rising QB".

So much for any "sleeper QBs". Trying to cram all these QBs into round two, heh.

P.S.: Thanks NFL/Roger Goodell for pushing the draft back to May.

:rolleyes:

3. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Yeah If we take Savage before the 4th round. We need to fire Bob and Rick the day after the draft. I rather go after Logan Thomas than savage.

Savage getting beat by the same team Teddy Shredded
    http://youtu.be/BDdA-Q-74eI

#23 ballplayer, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  4. Indaface

Indaface Member

Clowney Bridgewater would be perfect

5. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Would be a robbery I am ready to commit

6. Remii

Remii Member

O'Brien said there's not much separation in the quarterbacks. So if he's using that as an excuse to not draft one in the 1st round then he needs to put his draft picks where his mouth is and wait until the 4th-5th round and prove it.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's frickin' insane. Who knows where he'll go in the draft. I can't imagine him going in the first and it's no sure thing he goes in the 2nd. Or even the 3rd. Or maybe even the 4th. How do you invite somebody like that to the draft? If he gets picked early, great. If he doesn't, he's going to have a long sit and they're going to show him on camera a lot sitting by himself. Not good. He hasn't decided whether he'll attend or not. I wouldn't if I were him.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

If he's smart, he'll stay home.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Confirming that QB Tom Savage has declined an invitation to attend the NFL Draft in NY.</p>&mdash; Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) <a href="https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/statuses/457595224232312833">April 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Comfirming that QB Tom Savage doesn't want to sit there awkwardly with cameras on him if he doesn't get drafted in the 1st round.

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Neither these quarterbacks of this class are worth top 10.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Bridgewater definitely is good enough to be the #1 pick ... of the second round. He won't last that long though. Too many teams are desperate for a starting quarterback.

13. Remii

Remii Member

All we have are rumors and reports to go by but one report I keep in mind is the one of the Texans are "TRYING" hard to trade the pick.

Rumors are floating around that Minnesota may trade up with St Louis or Jacksonville so they can draft Blake because he's been their quarterback of choice this entire time. They say two 2nd round picks may get it done. That may give us an idea of what type of compensation the Texans could get for the pick if they were to trade back.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

if TB drops(unlikely with Jags, Cleveland, and Vikings), i fully expect the Texans to move in front of the Browns 26 pick...

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im still trying to wrap my head around why he was even asked to be there. That's pretty crazy. Smart move by Savage...would be weird if he lasted 3 days and is still sitting in the green room.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don't think they let them do that anymore.

I believe Geno was taken out of the green room after last year's first round and was only beought back when the Jets took him in the 2nd.

But you're right. I'd save myself the embarrassment if I were him. You know BSPN is just waiting for the next Brady Quinn to pan to after each pick is made with the late 20s and turn into the next "oh poor Tommy" story.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Geno was the one that decided he didnt want to be there and there was a whole media thing where people were calling him a sore loser...so facing that pressure is why he decided to come back into the green room.

If they wanted a story line, they should go with a QB like Carr...a potential late 1st, early 2nd QB...but to pick a QB that is slated to go from round 4-7 is strange. There must be something that many of us dont know. It makes me think GMs are higher on him that most people think.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Bbortles screams Minnesota because he reeks of potential bust, ala Christian Ponder.

19. Remii

Remii Member

Well it's just a rumor. Don't know how true it is but if they want Blake I do not fault them for not being scared and making an effort to find their quarterback... And Texans fans are in no position to talk because Clowney screams Texans ----> and so does Fitzpatrick.

20. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Both McShay and Kiper still have Bridgewater falling out of the first round, and the texans still selecting JDC at 1 in their respective 5.0's