1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Kiper 4.0 Mock ESPN Blunder Texans = JD+TB

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mirri3000, Apr 17, 2014.

1. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

im born/raised in the H

sorry charlie, i know that city better than you know your little wee wee

2. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Dude - I was joking ... I meant no disrespect.

I grew up in Houston, and I don't think there are 'lot of people like BigTexx'. Not anymore than any other place. I guess it depends on your own personal experiences and surroundings.

Don't mean to derail this thread anymore than it already is. Having said all that, let's stop calling Bridgwater 'dumb'. We are better than that at clutchfans

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Blake Bortles is a ****beak. He will fail. He will fail.

4. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

I would take great offense to be mentioned in the same sentence as big texx

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I'm not a rabid fan and I'm not saying he's a #1 overall pick (Don't think any of the QB's are), but I just put a lot less stock in shorts and t-shirts pro days than I do in actual tape. So, to that end, I can't agree that he's failed every test of his skills - he's failed the poorly-designed pre-draft skills tests. Reviewing his time at Louisville would show you a QB that had above average mechanics (with easily fixable issues per some of the experts), strong accuracy in live situations, and pretty masterful command of a complicated college offense.

What do you mean by "inadequate real IQ?" Do you think that the Wonderlic is a good test of "real IQ?" If so, that's probably the biggest fallacy in this whole argument.

6. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Why is everyone responding to Bobbybegreat?

Its obvious he is a troll at best. Why do I need to see is nonsense pop up when someone is quoting him?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I put a lot of stock in "actual tape" as well, the problem is that the flaws he showed at his pro day were also present in his "actual tape" if you look for them.

Also, I'm not in the habit of blaming the tests for failure. Everyone took the same tests and ran pretty much the same drills, Bridgewater was the only QB prospect who consistently failed everything thrown at him in the pre-draft process. I'm not saying he's not someone I would pick, just I don't think he's early first round material, maybe not first round material at all.

8. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

You know, he is pretty much doing the same thing you do in all the Johnny threads? Does that make you a troll?

9. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

And what do I do????

I have said that Manziel is a solid second rounder with a good arm and lot and LOTS to work out

Not exactly lies

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The word "troll" is thrown around much too freely here. From what I've seen, it's used to indicate that someone simply has different views or opinions.

11. Bogey

Doesn't Bobby think TB is a solid 2nd rounder?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do. Potentially even a late mid-first rounder. Of course, to EOTW Teddy is the next Joe Montana, so that's seen as "trolling".

13. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

For Bobby, TB is undraftable

Along the bigtexx lines

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I love how when some people are tired of constantly being proven wrong they resort to this kind of nonsense rhetoric.

15. Bogey

Just quoting this to EOTW can see since he has you on ignore.

Yeah, I feel it pretty comical when people throw the "troll" word around every time you have an opposing view.

Even though EOTW seems to be the most vocal against JFF, I would not call him a troll, just different opinion.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've always thought that his views of every QB not named Bridgewater is just him trying to "stick up" for his adopted son Teddy. I don't think he's a "troll", he's just horribly misguided. The reason he put me on "ignore" was because back before the combine, he kept making ridiculous predictions of Teddy coming in at 220+ lbs running a 4.5 40 while showing off a "cannon" of an arm and flawless footwork and mechanics while scoring the highest on the wonderlic. My predictions were more realistic and he was upset when I re-visited these later as he was proven wrong.

17. Remii

Remii Member

Exactly... EndWorld is killing it in the Johnny thread. Lol...

18. magman

magman Member

Holy crap it's been a month since I checked the Texan forum, still the exact same people saying the exact same thing, points have been made, next week can't come soon enough.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is a different opinion.

But it is so over the top that it is "trollish".

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How was that "over the top"? I was talking about one specific person, who has resorted to exaggerations of my positions in a futile effort to discredit what I'm saying. If you look back at the history of these threads, you'll see that it all started after I pointed out all the times he made ridiculous positions, I disagreed, then time proved me right and him wrong.