1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

Should i drop
    Jake Locker for Greg Zuerlein(LEGatron
    Or
    Jack Locker or Nate Freese(Just won the lions kicking job)
    ?

2. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

If your intent on dropping Locker, than I would definitely take the Lions kicker. They have a substantially better offense right now, that will have many more offensive snaps in field goal range than the Rams, with a backup QB.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not loving the glut/batch of unproven/emerging WR's available this year. Last year I loved them. This year, the T. Smith's, Floyd's, Patterson's to Tate's, Hilton's, Wright's... just not loving it. Some I do like. But it's more speculative this year than it has been in the past.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

And you loved last year's batch of Stevie Johnson's, Blackmon's, Gordon's, T. Smith's (again), Nicks' or Harvin's?

Only one of those guys actually produced last year and that is the same guy that may never even see the field during 2014 regular season.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hated Johnson last year, I've always hated T. Smith, never liked Nicks last year. Harvin got hurt, but no, didn't particularly like him last year. I had Gordon on every single team. The guys I liked last year were Amendola, Cobb, Cruz, Colston, Welker, Antonio Brown, Shorts, Gordon. Some were good some weren't. This year I'm not loving as many in that cluster.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Very true on that front. That group is a mixed bag. Very hit and miss based on either injury, QB production, or overall player ability or lack there of.

You could probably say the same about this year's class of top 10 wideout hopefuls. We'll see I guess.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I can give pretty good reasons why I was high on guys like Amendola, Cobb, Brown, Colston, etc... with Cordarrelle Patterson, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright, I can give you reasons why they might succeed, but just as easily back the idea that they fail (compared to ADP).

Just a personal thing. Not confident in this year's group like I was last years, when I thought WR depth was insane.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Need a flex play for week 1 in a non-PPR league.

Bernard Pierce vs CIN
    Kendall Wright @ KC
    Julian Edelman @ MIA

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Pierce

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

gerhart or d jax at flex?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Gerhart.

12. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

10 team league, .5ppr. We have 2 RB spots, 3 WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE) spot. at RB I have Matt Forte, Demarco Murray, Alfred Morris, Joquie Bell, and Carlos Hyde. At WR I have Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Emmanuel Sanders, Erick Decker, Hakeem Nicks, and Justin Hunter (posted my full team in the "Rate My Draft" Thread)

Should I trade Demarco Murray for Brandon Marshall? On one hand I really like having all the RB depth I have, but on the other I feel like its kind of a waste having Bell on the bench, specially in a PPR league, and I'd like to have another top notch receiver.

Looking at the other top receivers, I don't see many of those teams accepting straight up trades. The guy who has Demaryius Thomas doesn't really have the WR depth to trade him, and the guy who has Dez Bryant is pretty set at RB. The guy who has Marshall is weak at RB and has the depth to replace Marshall (he has Megatron also), plus I know he wanted Murray

13. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Pick one out of these 3 for a flex
    Marques Colston @Atl
    Rueben Randle @ Det
    Fred Jackson @Chi

14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Colston, Brees will feast on that Atlanta defense.

15. AB423

AB423 Member

I would do it, you need a big time receiver.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would easily do that. Murray is a pretty big injury risk also.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Cedric Benson or Beanie Wells at the flex?

18. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Thinking about trading Andre Johnson and Dennis Pitta for Julian Edelman. I have Tom Brady as my starting QB, so would probably try to move him so that I don't have so many cookies in the Patriots basket. My other starting WR is Alshon Jeffery and I have Wes Welker on the bench.

19. thething

thething Contributing Member

I would not be so quick to trade Demarco. I think he will have a great year in a more run-heavy offense. I do like Brandon Marshall's chances of improving his numbers to a more elite level, though.

I don't think you can have too many RBs given their bust rate. The logical solution to me would be to trade Bell for a good WR if that is possible.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

DeMarco Murray & Jordy Nelson. I don't like them and I don't know why. But I don't like them this year.