1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. baubo

baubo Member

I used to listen to sports talk radio. Then I got sick of 24-7 Texans football and stopped listening. It's really that simple. I listened to other stuffs on the radio instead before. These days, I listen to podcasts.

I honestly don't know if they're talking football all the time because they've cornered themselves into only the football market, or if most people who still listens to sports radio are basically Texans fans. Regardless, I haven't listened in years. And these days there's less and less reason to ever do so.

2. raining threes

Honor him for what?

1st rd playoff losses?

Or faking injuries throughout his career?

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I like the show, but agree that it is cringe-worthy at times because of how beta and soft Adam Clanton is. Lance is there literally picking on him like its grade school almost all show, while recruiting Michael to be on his side. It is sad to listen to. Lance calls him out and shuts him down.

4. Scarface281

And Mad radio opens with a rockets segment.

5. dotcom

dotcom Member

That's why rockets.com is doing the podcasts with Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler. Another coming today

6. conquistador#11

glorious leader of the 2004-2005 alliance, jeffrey van gundy to be on in a few! hope it's the actual van gundy and not an impersonation. 790

7. Scarface281

Rockets led the morning show on 790 for the first 80 minutes today. It's changing...

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

No it's not. The next time a host goes 5 minutes without mentioning the Rockets, this thread will be bumped and the whining will continue. And I'd bet that those who complain weren't even tuned in to hear any of it this morning.

9. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

The Goran Dragic impression this morning was unbearable. Like the cringiest I have ever heard. "Where's he from anyway, like Russia or Lithuania or something?" So bad.

10. conquistador#11

with dwight howard we have one of the biggest acquisitions in the city since 2004 and these doodoo heads want to talk about beast mode not talking. c'mon man! don't know why i even bother.

11. Scarface281

People whine just to whine. It's freaking super bowl week and there has been plenty of Rockets talk on the radio anyway. But who am I kidding, more whining in this thread to come anyway.

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

We can complain about the radio sport shows all we want, but the problem is really the city's overall disinterest in the Rockets.

There are some sport shows that won't talk Rockets or are ignorant of any relevant facts towards them. Proper Gentlemen of Sports is a joke. 'In the Trenches' is a designed football show so they get a pass.

But other shows are trying to get more Rocket's talk. Yesterday, 790's Charlie Pillilo was practically begging people to call about the Rockets, same with Matt Thomas. And this happens nearly every day. The other shows on 610 make an attempt to talk Rockets, I feel.

If more people cared about the Rockets, they would be talking more Rockets. Right now, its a whole lot of apathy. If the Rockets can win in the playoffs (at least to the second round), I think there will be way more talk.

13. Scarface281

No, the problem is the complaining. Why don't you call into the shows then? Proper Gentlemen always talks Rockets. So does Matt Thomas, Charlie, and Mad Radio. People just enjoy b****ing. Maybe if the Rockets advanced out of the first round more than once in the past 17 years there would be even more Rockets talk. That begging they do is a schtick. They get plenty of Rockets calls, many times multiple in a row.

14. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

[​IMG]

15. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Pandora, Podcasts & NPR......

You're welcome

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Proper Gentlemen talks rockets? Lance would rather be talking about the backup guard for east Carolina state.

17. Scarface281

Yes they do, and more often since the Texans season ended. I rarely hear that backup guard talk, especially now that the senior bowl is over. He will mostly tweet about that stuff now.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Basketball fans have a higher IQ so they avoid Talk Radio (LOL) like the plague. Football fans, well....

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Proper Gentlemen is the worst show out there for Rockets fans. Lance Zierlein knows nothing about basketball and you can clearly see his disinterest in talking Rockets. At least with "In the trenches" you know it's all about egg ball where grown men grab each other and put them on the floor jumping on them. YAWN, I'd rather watch WWE.

Lance would talk about some random egg ball player from Alaska who is automatically a fake tough guy just like all others who play that limited skill non athletic sport (with cheaters and despicable people like Rice or Betterson) than talk about a real sport like basketball or real contenders like the Rockets in HOUSTON LOCAL RADIO.

20. Scarface281

I disagree. They talk Rockets and have someone on from the organization every day of the week usually. You can't expect the best coverage from every show. You guys should call in and join the other Rockets callers...