1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I love how upset you get about football. It's seriously entertaining. You can call it eggball all you want, but the fact is that it is far and away the most popular sport in this country, and especially in this city.

The casual fan will not have much interest in the Rockets until they manage to make a deep playoff run. I don't like it, but it is fact.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You guys should just get together and talk about the rockets. Problem solved

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I can't really complain about the Rockets not having more **** riding stans.

I know too many of my Hispanic friends that all of a sudden became Texans diehards in 2012. They are pathetic, dumb and uneducated. They drink too much and like to fight. I don't want that around Toyota Center.

Like someone said earlier. There are podcasts, reddit sites, hell other radio stations outside of Houston you can get NBA content from.

#383 REEKO_HTOWN, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If only there were a website.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's unfortunate DD is too busy. I'd pay a good amount to listen to his weekly podcasts.

At least Clutch gives us some podcasts.

6. jedicro

jedicro Member

r/NBA is a good place to get coverage of the whole league. The people there tend to be young and you'll see certain topics get repeated over and over, but it's a good place overall.

Actually come to think of it I see you there all the time :p

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The people that dismiss football as just men hitting each other clearly have no understanding of the game.

I love basketball 10x more than football, but football is a lot more complicated in terms of design than basketball.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

In about 10 years football will look more like basketball. The amount of head injuries in the league and now the evidence that it can lead to domestic violence? It will change the way the game is played soon enough.

9. sabesque

sabesque Member

I guess this is as good of a place as any to ask this, and I might get flamed for it, but... Does anyone else have mixed feelings about the Texans as a Rockets fan?

I'm going to be honest - I do. To the point where I'm not upset if they don't do well.

I'm not a football fanatic like everyone else in the city (FB is a very distant 2nd to BB), but I can find it entertaining. At the same time, a piece of me actually dislikes the Texans, partially because of all the attention they get from Texans stans or casual fans or media who don't show near the same amount of love for the Rockets. Part of me resents that Texans are dominating the Rockets in terms of having the hearts and minds of Houston and I feel like they don't deserve it.

And I get it... football is now America's sport, Houston is a football town, CSNH, etc... I know there are rational points against how I feel... I'm just curious if anyone else feels the same way.

1 person likes this.
  10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

And they talk about the Rockets. Only 610 show I will listen to.

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I think most people replying to this thread do, FTW Rockets FTW is pretty extreme in his hate for Football and Texans and there's a few that Love the texans just as equal but majority of us feel the same way and I'm in that boat. I've watched just about every Texan game since 2007, and I followed up before then but just didn't bother watching the games. With that being said, I'm absolutely disgusted by the amount of coverage they get. Yes I can watch the game and enjoy it, I can root for them but I don't want to talk about the same damn game 4 days after it's over then talk about their practices and how to game plan for the next game. It's way over kill and it's made me much less of a fan that if they didn't get so much coverage.

Yeah, win or lose I don't care that much anymore. When they lost yesterday, I just shrugged it off and went about my business. A rockets loss in a meaningless regular season game will keep me up all night and have me waking up hoping it was all a dream.

1 person likes this.
  12. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

I second this. Wish they would bring over Pendergast or someone with some legitimate sports knowledge to pair with LZ.

It almost seems like AC embraces the guido bro persona that everyone makes fun of him for. I guess the brass over at 790 love a good Rome impression, because that's about the only substance he brings to their show.

13. baller024

baller024 Member

That **** head Lance Zerlin is the WORST. He talks about the crappy Texans even DAYS after they've won/lost a game. The other week they were still talking about Fitzpatrick’s 6 TD game, 4 days after it happened. This is the morning AFTER the Rockets had won a thrilling game. It’s frustrating as a fan because you’re so excited and all you want to hear and talk about are the Rockets. It’s obvious he has no idea about anything related to basketball, I hope they boot him to the afternoon so I don’t have to listen to him.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Charlie talks a good bit of rockets. He also has the lowest ratings of any of the major sports shows so it is unlikely any other shows will follow suit.

15. mario_v

mario_v Member

It's funny how there's so many texans "fans" jumped on the bandwagon since 2011. Before that, I swear I couldn't find a single true Texans fan.

Now everywhere I go, I see people wearing Texans gear, they even got Texans flag on their front lawn.

I know so many people that claim to be fans from the beginning, it's pathetic.

16. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

So true, I was thinking the same thing this weekend. I was at the Mall on Saturday, where I felt like an outsider as 90% of the shoppers had JJ Watt jerseys/tshirts on.

Never saw that when Dominick Davis and Mario Williams were around.

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Ranking the Local Sports Radio Shows from Worst to First
    By Jeff Balke Tue., May 1 2012 at 8:58 AM
    65 Comments
    Categories: Radio Houstoned, Sports

"2. Charlie Pallilo (790) -- 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
    No one in Houston has a bigger sports brain than Pallilo. He's almost a savant. His four-hour drive time show is everything the stats and history geek could want and more. He has gotten to be a much better interviewer as well and ably carries his entire show solo. It's true that he is acerbic. The know-it-all, brainiac persona can rub people the wrong way, particularly when he is raking a caller over the coals for a perceived lack of knowledge, but no one brings the hardcore sports talk like CP. I'm still waiting for that perfect pairing to help balance him out, but he is so good by himself, it makes little sense to rock the boat."

18. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Don't get the AC hate, he's a legit Rockets fan and I think hes very funny, also, catch him at TC walking around and he's very nice to fans.

I dunno, seeing how butt hurt people got over some of the Innes stunts/opinions, it doesn't surprise me Houston listeners are lame.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No surprise. It's partly because of two reasons.

1. His show runs from 2 PM - 6 PM. Most people don't get off work until 5PM so obviously he is catering to a smaller clientele.

2. Charlie is knowledgeable and so are Rockets fans unlike the delusional Texans fans. So I guess, when it's Rockets talk, the majority of the listeners (who are Texans fans) turn off as the conversation is way over their head and too much for their limited IQ's to grasp. Also, Charlie's show is all facts and knowledge. None of this soap opera / random stories that Lance brings up to cover for his lack of sports knowledge.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

Josh Innes was a clown. I didn't have a problem with his act until he insulted Morey and dissed our team.

AC is a Rockets fan just not a very knowledgeable. He doesn't know anything about other NBA teams. He makes me cringe sometimes with his basketball knowledge.