1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Good thing for Lin is that they won but the bad thing is that he had 6 TO :eek:

2. Neped

Neped Member

1 less than Lillard. His TO's just look worst.:grin:

3. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Scott's not gonna do anything. Lin is literally the only guy on the team who can get in the restricted area.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't wait for the season to start. Rockets vs Lakers!

I'll be rooting for Jeremy to pass the ball to the Rockets when he's on the court!

5. coffeelover665

Lin is looking good out there. Keep it up playa

6. gambingo

gambingo Member

This guy Blaiyan is quick with the highlights

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U6njR570-4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Sometimes he tries to be too unselfish and gets caught trying to find an open teammate when he should just go to the rim. Couple of times tonight his turnovers were trying to pass to guys instead of just finishing himself. That's the Nash effect. His other turnovers were lazy entry passes to Boozer and Johnson. Lin will learn soon enough that Boozer is not Howard in regards ability to block his man out. Dwight is the easiest post player in the league to pass in to.

8. mig0s

mig0s Member

why do you wish him fail? What did he do to you?

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I misread that title and I felt...feelings

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

jeremy lin can go left now?!

[​IMG]

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is really pathetic, all around.

I check this thread maybe once every couple of weeks, just hoping to actually see how Jeremy is doing over there. Yeah, imagine how stupid I am: I just want some basketball information.

But it's like walking into the thousand-year history of the Balkans in here. Can't believe you all don't get tired of sniping at one another over one completely nice basketball player.

Thanks to the poster gambingo ^^^ who gave some highlights! Much appreciated.

13. Razsan

Razsan Member

Bob...it's a handful of guys that live to make sure Lin fans realize all his short-comings. If you eliminated them from this thread you'd get a bunch of Rocket/Lin fans and a few overall basketball fans in here commenting.

14. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

Why come here for that? He doesn't play here

15. FeaR

FeaR Member

Because he is afraid to go to Lakersground but this thread( like any Lin thread) is a chaos.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Still with the same TO issues I see. Still with poor handles and low basketball IQ.

I think Lin is resigned to be a bench player for the rest of his career. Back up to R. freaking Price? And you thought backing up P Bev was bad.

Better make his name as 6th man to get that new contract $$$

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's called the NBA Dish.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ed and lin combo is dope

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's ****ing called "NBA Dish." We talk about non-Rockets pretty much exclusively in this sub-forum, and some of us actually enjoy the NBA fairly broadly. The Lakers, and their probable quagmire of the next several years, fascinates me.

But I always thought Lin was basically a good guy, and I want him to do better than bad (except against the Rockets, when I want him to stink).

Not a difficult concept.

20. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I kinda think he is going to be backing up Ronnie Price.

But their rotation is seriously odd. On their second team, Lin is clearly better than Price, Ed Davis is clearly better than Jordan Hill, Randle will be better than Boozer by the end of the year is he isn't already, and Nick Young (out with injury, but Byron keeps saying he likes him on second team) is far better than Wesley Johnson.

Take Kobe out and their second team would beat their first team 9 times out of 10.

I'm not sure what Byron is doing, but no coach is going to wind up with almost every player on the second unit better than those on the first by accident.