1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tristan Thompson sexual harassment

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by downbytheriver, Oct 20, 2014.

?

Should silver come down hard

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Don't care about sexual harassment unless there is penetration

51 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Tristan kissed an employee of Fox Sports on the head like you would kiss a child on the head.

[​IMG]

Don't forget to enjoy the games, OP. They're a lot of fun. It's crazy. Fans jump up and down and even HUG EACH other. Sometimes they don't even know each other but they do it. I'm guessing you were against that tv host that quoted the guys from Duck Dynasty about cooking with hot peanut oil when talking about Jeremy Lin. Everyone in the world cooks with peanut oil but somehow that was racist?

Sometimes I feel like one day I'll ask an attractive woman to dance and she'll turn around and sue me for sexual harassment.

2. downbytheriver

Will you be at work when you ask her? Will you wink at her provocatively? Will you play grab ass as long as she doesn't try to get you fired?

It's called drawing a line, if you weren't a pervert-- you'd get it.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If you can't tell the difference between this and sexual harassment, then you are a real danger to society honestly. There's a very real possibility that the reporter is offended, and she can be offended of course. But that doesn't make it sexual harassment. This did happen in her work place where she is undertaking a profession, but that does not mean the client committed sexual harassment.

Obviously the line isn't always clear. But in this instance, it is, and you have trouble identifying it. You should look into that if you are sincere about your concern for women in the workplace.

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Why OP so uptight

5. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hey fans <a href="https://twitter.com/RealTristan13">@RealTristan13</a> thing was inside joke &amp; not a big deal. We have a good working relationship. All is good. Can't wait 4 <a href="https://twitter.com/cavs">@cavs</a> tonight</p>&mdash; Allie Clifton (@FSOAllieOop) <a href="https://twitter.com/FSOAllieOop/status/524296430492471296">October 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It was cheezy as hell. He should be fined for being corny.

7. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

If the tweet from Allie doesn't clear this up, I don't know what will. Should I sue my family friend I know my whole life because she greets family and close friends by kissing them on the lips? Hell no. I know most if not all women have to deal with sexual harassment in the workplace and on a daily basis is a big burden, but what you're saying is a HUGE stretch. You can stand up for sexual harassment, but don't pin all of your frustration on a case that clearly does not pertain to sexual harassment. Spend more of your time fighting for the cause instead of wasting your time making outlandish remarks on stupid ***** just so you can get a reaction.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Hey, where the white women at?

9. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

You crazy OP getalife

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Waiting for OP to say something along the lines of "she was pressured into saying it"

11. Fantasma Negro

Wtf I was expecting a grainy surveillance video of him in a hallway or back alley actually committing a crime, this is laughable

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Cornball brother?

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

/thread

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The question on this picture is, who's harassing who?

15. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Looks pretty consensual to me. Barkley has a firm but gentle embrace while Mr. Dick Bavetta formed his lips into full pucker.

16. downbytheriver

Yup - that's a pro doing what's best for her future. As stated, this wasn't so much about a harmless kiss as it was a small link in the huge chain that is sexual harassment in the workplace. Tons of things are going on in the hallways, behind closed doors, that make women uncomfortable but they can't really speak out against it. Ohwell, it's sports, and it's a man's world.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

"Never Back Down"

The downbytheriver story

Coming soon to bookshelves near you

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

INB4 OP says she's wrong and that he knows that she was actually terribly offended and sexually harassed.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Where is sir white knight now after this tweet?

20. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

OP with that bull**** poll options needs to be banned