1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tristan Thompson sexual harassment

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by downbytheriver, Oct 20, 2014.

?

Should silver come down hard

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Don't care about sexual harassment unless there is penetration

51 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

banned for life 20 million dolla fine life with no paroles

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Better taste than Joe Nameth.

DD

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Why do people with bible quotes in their signatures always start the crappiest threads?

1 person likes this.
  4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I agree. Maybe slightly bigger fine, but the NBA doesn't need to come down harshly. Tristan needs to know you can't do that in that setting, but he wasn't being malicious.

5. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

this thread is a perfect example of how sensitive society is these days. bunch of p*****s getting offended over every little thing. SMH

6. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

this is what happens to the public when u let homos run around dictating things. sadly, the US is on the verge of being the pussiest country on earth, which will lead to our downfall.

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Nah, society is messed up because of ignorant bozos like you.

8. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

whatever you say. u must have a vagina

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Will all the negative news out lately with the way women are treated in the NFL this is 100% fail by Thompson. NBA can't be happy. NFL had all the bad press and ire of the different organizations regarding women. Now Thompson is inviting them over to the NBA to have a look, like I said NBA can't be happy about that. Especially right before the season starts.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What are your thoughts on date rape?

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

reported for derailing threads

12. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Nope I just live in the 21st century. I don't try to cling to bronze age teachings.

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

lmao seriously.. if she hasn't came out and said she was offened why is this a story with you people?

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

But that's exactly the nature of sexual harassment. It's not what the perpetrator did, but what the victim felt. If the "victim" did not feel victimized, there's no harassment.

Whether it is a problem for her to complain is totally another matter. You don't know what's going on. Forcing her to complain about something she does not want to is a harassment in itself, ironically.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

And now the keyboard warriors/ white knights have now infiltrated the dish. Go be butthurt in D&D.

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I don't see the implication that they slept together like the OP did

17. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

"Young clueless boys"? Way to dismiss others opinions by negating their value. Many don't think it was a big deal. He was trying to be cute and actually made himself look like super creepy Rob Lowe instead of being charming. Sexual harassment should not be confused with poor judgement. A monetary fine to say, "hey you need to think before you talk" is all that is needed.

You seem a bit judgmental and self righteous, by the way. In case you want to dismiss my opinion too, I'm not a young clueless boy.

Thanks for posting. The video made me cringe and showed poor taste by Thompson but I don't think it was harassment. If anything, it was assault because of the kiss, you shouldn't touch others unless they invite it.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's not obvious, not yet at least. You might be right: she might be terribly offended. But, she might not be. I was just saying let's wait until we know how she feels about it before jumping the gun and condemning Thompson as a bad person instead of just an immature one.

And it's probably not best to label anyone who disagrees with you as a "clueless boy." It comes off as really immature.

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

He kissed on her hair. Don't think it's that big of deal, unless she wants to press charge. No point for NBA to step in.

20. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

it ain't sexual harassment unless the woman says it is