1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aldridge Sweepstakes Update Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jun 24, 2015.

1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

If Spurs do a S&T with Blazers to get LMA. Splitter goes to Portland. Manu resigns along with Duncan & sign Leonard long term.

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

He ain't coming here.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tim Duncan, Parker and Popovich will &quot;pitch&quot; LaMarcus Aldridge. Does that mean Duncan's coming back next season?

<a href="http://t.co/tVEXcxkMIc">http://t.co/tVEXcxkMIc</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/615749517292339200">June 30, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah, but not really. LMA maybe saus trade me to Houston, so Portland says okay we'll talk with them about a deal. Then the two teams get in a protracted back and forth. Portland wants 8 picks but Morey can only find 5, or whatever. Meanwhile the clock on the moratorium is running out and the other suitors for LMA are going to Plan B. LMA strings his second option along to make sure he has leverage, a second option that has the money to sign him outright though they aren't contenders - like the Lakers. They also offer a S&T package. Portland says they like this one better because it'd mean not strengthening a contender. So they go back to LMA and say well you've been threatening to sign with this other team and we're willing to do a deal there - are you serious or not? Why does LMA put his neck out for the Rockets? Does he really love us that much? I doubt it. Probably he'll have a short list of destinations for S&T and a top pick for signing outright. And the one with cap space probably wins.

I don't know if you remember, but we went through a couple of years featuring Scola and Martin and offering trades for big free agents without cap space. Morey struck out approximately 8 bazillion times. Unless you're a glamor city like NY or LA, you need the cap space to have the leverage to pull a max free agent.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe someone brought this up, but...

Carmelo is calling LMA.

Tony Parker is flying in from China, Tim Duncan and (Manu or Kawhi?) are gonna make their pitch to LMA. David Robinson will take LMA for a ride on the decommissioned U.S. naval carrier he purchased after he retired.

Kobe will probably tickle LMA's a** with a feather...

Are we having any of our players kiss the LMA culo? Or are we just keeping it hush-hush?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pyramid Brewing is in favor of offering LaMarcus Aldridge the full max. <a href="http://t.co/01WB5AlUuh">pic.twitter.com/01WB5AlUuh</a></p>&mdash; Mike Richman (@mikegrich) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikegrich/status/615938406929960960">June 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. dram1

dram1 Member

LA Lakers = Dallas Cowboys of BBall...they think they are always in line to get their next championship. Screw LA!!!! They don't deserve anything!!!

8. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

It is about NOT helping a competitor within the same conference. It's in Portland's interest to send LMA East or @ least force SAS or us to dump assets(lose depth) to get enough cap space to sign him outright. If they lose LMA, Lopez, Matthews & other FA Portland will have make $42+ mil of CAP space.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

LA actually does win championships, the Cowgirls haven't been relevant in about 2 decades

10. malakas

malakas Member

Yes. Dwight.

11. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

How do you know Dwight is even part of it?

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That's it?!?!?!?!

Well, LMA wants to play alongside a dominant center, so that's a boon for us.

But I'm guessing the only way LMA comes here is if the Blazers, Rockets, and maybe a third team have been in not-so-"legal" negotiations for awhile so that everyone gets a little something....and the entire "meet with seven teams" is a charade.

Because we would otherwise have to gut our team too much for this to happen, even trading Llull's rights, and hoping we also end up with a Point Guard Who Does Not Suck. Bev + Jet ain't gowanns to cut it.

Not holding my breath, but reeeeeeeeeal interested.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Ehm lol im sure its not just dwight. But harden isnt. Where do i know it? I read it.theres a link somewhere in the 10 aldridge threads here somewhere. It made an impression to me because freaking tp flew from china to go see lma and harden is absent.

14. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

The Rockets just got a verbal agreement from LMA. I just heard it from a friend.

15. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

I appreciate sarcasm, but can we please not do this? Almost gave me a heart attack

16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Don't post sh** like in here without any links.

17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Around the league, executives believe the Lakers are pursuing space to offer free agent deals to LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/616018321117327360">June 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here they come

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

We will take Russel off their hands for a pick.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Just put that guy on ignore. Most everyone else has. Or at least don't quote him anymore.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Probably Harden isn't there because he doesn't want the Rox to sign any big name FAs....reserving that cap space for KD. I totally agree with it btw, rather have a CHANCE at KD then sign a 2nd tier superstar. Even if we don't get KD, as long as you have the capspace and don't have a ****ty team you can always get a 2nd tier star on the squad, guys like LMA hit free agency almost every year.