1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aldridge Sweepstakes Update Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am sorry that both your favorite team and your country are falling apart, but living in fantasy land won't change things.

2. malakas

malakas Member

...err thanx? I hope things get better soon. :(
    What has any of this to do with my post? Nothing.

3. Rox4life1986

Rox4life1986 Member

ease up a little here brother. We were gifted a trip to the WCF and got demolished, we aren't any closer than Dallas or SA. You sound r****ded

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

LMA would definitely piss off Dwight, he won't shoot the corner 3 and will command the ball way to much. Him or Love will probably require Dmo to be moved. But Love is the better fit if he remains healthy. Can go from playing in the post to being more of a rebound put back guy with 3 point shooting...

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Your statement sounds r****ded. Coming back down 3-1 from the team that beat the champs, not to mention missing 2 starters to injury. Yea we had a cakewalk to the WCF. :rolleyes:

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the bucks are falling apart? :confused:

7. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Yeah we're not closer than the aging team with no assets that we beat in 5 games :rolleyes:

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

What a dumb comment.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You might want to ease up. Saying we aren't closer than those teams and we were gifted a trip to the WCF, is one of silliest things I've ever seen. I'm not sure you even watched the post season.

10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

This is the same poster that says Trevor Ariza is garbage. Best not to take anything he says too seriously

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes you're right. I made a mistake to waste my time. Guy can't be serious.

12. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

I had to give him a piece of my mind when he said Ariza was garbage.

13. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

We all know this b*stard is headed to the Spurs.

14. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

Why do you say that? The Rockets have a good shot at if they can convince Portland to do a trade. The Spurs really do not make sense because of their age. Once Ducan, Ginioblie, and Parker leave they will be in rebuild mode. I do not care if they can give the team to LMA.

15. Raven

Raven Member

Not any closer than Dallas? The Rockets beat the Mavs like an ugly stepchild.

16. varughese.arun

Haa... this guy tried to make fun of someone, but in doing so, he just made himself seem stupid. **Insert Nelson Muntz's Laugh**

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:

LaMarcus Aldridge, do you still feel the Spurs are the leader? Lakers move to the top?

Aldridge, if you look at the 9 years, you're right. If you look at the time since Olshey has taken over as GM and Stotts as coach, they've won 50+ games, an all-star, a second maybe even first-team All-NBA in there. His success level has grown under this regime. They brought in Lillard & Lopez. The regime in Portland, he's had unprecedented success. Teams he'll look hardest at, Spurs are still at the top of the list. Lakers are in contention. I don't know if Russell makes a difference. If he goes to LA, it's because he wants to go to LA. People think he's out of Portland. I don't buy that. They're still very much in this. They can give him a 5th year and an extra $27M that these other teams can't do. He'll be roughly 34 years old by then. Is his next deal starting at $27M? Probably not. There will be a moment of truth there. Do I want to give that money up? Do I have a better chance of winning long term somewhere else? Portland is making interesting deals here with or without Aldridge. If he stays, then you're looking at re-signing Wes, possibly Lopez or Tyson Chandler. I wouldn't count the Blazers out in this one.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Knicks to meet with <a href="https://twitter.com/aldridge_12">@aldridge_12</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/deandrejordan6">@deandrejordan6</a> Greg Monroe &amp; Wes Matthews <a href="http://t.co/9aslzb32xO">http://t.co/9aslzb32xO</a></p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/615587208016359424">June 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Don't be selfish,LMA. Think about your kids.don't go to LA.please.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Better than him going to SA.